Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
of former remarks, types our Lord's strictures against Satan's empire begun before, and kept up until 1916. Consequently no germanely new public message, i.e., containing new teachings not given the public actually or impliedly before Nov., 1916, no matter how much they reflected against Satan's empire, was a part of Jesus' messages to antitypical Pharaoh. The literature of Gideon's Second Battle, John's Rebuke and Elijah's Letter consists of teachings frequently stated expressly or given impliedly by 1916. This proves that much that was in Vol. 7, the millions propaganda and the rest of the "new views" perpetrated on the public by Levite movements, especially by the Society, are no part of antitypical Moses' message. They are not at all Jehovah's message to the public, but are Satanic counterfeits—Azazelian teachings of Little Babylon. Of course, what they give to the public now that was given by Nov., 1916, is Jehovah's message to the public. In the light of this, how filled with heavenly wisdom was our Pastor's statement to the effect that the Society should publish for the public only his own pen products! And how great errors have come to the public through the Society's disregard of this advice. These evils could have been avoided by the Levites' adhering to the will in this particular.
(1) How much of Exodus has our study covered? Of what does Ex. 5 treat? What does it type? What is typed by Moses' and Aaron's going in to Pharaoh after first dealing with Israel? What are we not to understand their speaking with him to type? Why not? How are we to understand its antitype to have been performed? How does this fit in with the type?
(2) How were Moses' and Aaron's saying, "Thus saith the Lord," antityped? Their saying, "Let my people go"? Their statement of the object of the request? Its being for a happy celebration? Its being for God? Its being held in the wilderness? The request being made in the Lord's name? What would this have suggested to a fair-minded person, in type and antitype?
(3) Of what do vs. 1-5 treat? What does this fact enable us to do? What is typed by Moses' and Aaron's
arriving in Egypt? Their first work toward Israel? What do these two antitypes enable us to see? By what three publications was the first public work of the Harvest done, in a literary way? What other forms of service did the public work employ? Who were the pilgrims? The sharpshooters? What tract was volunteered? What two of these services was on a small scale? What one was in full blast? By what statements is this work typed?
(4) Of what three things did Pharaoh's defiant answer consist? What do these three things type? How did Satan not give these answers? How did he give them? What truths did Christ and the Church present from April, 1877, to April, 1878? What opposing errors did they at the same time refute? What did such preaching and pertinent desires constitute? What three things did the oppositional claims and course of the clergy, politicians and aristocrats do? What did they add to these three things? How did they not act in this? Who was their instigator? In what three ways was he so? What three things did Satan thereby actually do? What did Satan thereby do?
(5) When did these Satanic contradictions and obstructions set in? What bestowed these? Why? What had he for centuries done to the Truth? Between what years was he compelled to hear it again as a newly progressing thing? As a developed thing? What effect did his course not have? Did have? How and where is this typed? What does the word to meet mean in connections like Ex. 5: 3; 4: 24; Num. 23: 3, 4, 15, 16? What is not, and what is implied in the words, "the God of the Hebrews hath met, with us"? How did they antitype these words? What is typed by the politeness of the typical request? Of what was this request the fulfilment? What new thing was added as a reason for granting the request? What did the addition type? What would have resulted in the antitype, if the symbolic journey were not undertaken and persevered in? How do 2 Thes. 2: 9-12 and the six harvest siftings prove this, as to the antitypical pestilence? What' does the sword of v. 3 type? How did it act on the unfaithful?
(6) What is typed by Pharaoh's rebuking Moses and Aaron for arousing Israel to the desire for liberty? What effect in type and antitype did the rousing of this desire have? How was this effected in the antitype? In what
did it result? What typed it? How did this, type and antitype, affect Pharaoh and Satan? What did Pharaoh's charging Moses and Aaron to perform slaves' work type? Through what did he attempt to enforce this? What is typed by Pharaoh's blaming Moses and Aaron with responsibility for deterring Israelites and some others from labor? In addition to v. 5, what other Scriptures prove that this resting involved also others than God's typical and antitypical people? Through whom did the antitypical rebuke come? What induced thereto? How was it given?
(7) What do vs. 6-9 show? How did Pharaoh seek from his standpoint to remedy the situation? How did he think his means would effect his end? What antitypically did Satan first vainly seek to do? To what did he also during that time resort? For what were his measures calculated? Against whom did he set them into operation? On what did he depend for success? What is typed by the expression, "Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest"? What proves this of the Jewish Harvest? How do we know it so far of the present Harvest? Of the rest of this Harvest? What in this respect characterizes this Harvest above all others?
(8) What are the antitypical taskmasters of v. 6? The officers of the people? What twofold thing did the typical and antitypical officers do? How do vs. 10-21 prove this? What are some examples of such reformers in the political, moral, religious and capitalistic worlds? What did they seek to do and actually accomplish? What does this prove? When did Satan's counteractive measures begin? What two things prove this? What are we not, and what are we to understand as to the duration of this Satanic policy? What pertinent peculiarity do antitypes and fulfillments of successive types and symbolic acts have? What illustrations prove this? What are the pertinent particulars in the pouring out of the vials? In what does this peculiarity not show itself?
(9) What does Pharaoh's charging the increase of the labors of Israel type? To whom was the charge, type and antitype, given? When and by what did he begin this in the political, industrial and financial world? By what did he increase the woes brought on by the gold standard? How was this so? To whom especially? Retributively what country is now suffering as a result? What other things exhibit the same oppression politically? What
effect have the reformers wrought? In what matters? Religiously how has this oppression been working since 1878? Among what three classes?
(10) What do the facts of the present Harvest prove on this subject? How is this manifest in the world of vice? Poverty? Education? In statecraft? In finance and industry? Labor? How does the historian Simonds summarize the situation nationally and financially?
(11) What facts show this oppression in family life? In the religious world? In what six general forms? What are some details under each of these forms? Among what three groups does this work oppression? How is it manifest in the world of "society"? What do all these facts prove? When did Satan according to the type begin this oppression? What has he since been doing with it? How has he been effecting it through people and conditions? Who thus, despite secondary agents, is the real oppressor?
(12) What is typed by Pharaoh's claim that the Israelites were lazy? What is typed by Pharaoh's cruelty in crushing Israel through increasingly rigorous labor? How were the antitypical taskmasters impressed into this service? The reformers? In what six ways was this done to them? What is typed by Pharaoh's charging the taskmasters and officers to dissuade the Israelites from listening to alleged deceitful words?
(13) What is typed by the taskmasters' and officers' going forth on their task? What does their speaking to the people not type? What does it type in each set of oppressors? How, for example, was this done in conservative and liberal religious leaders? Where else were similarly intentioned oppressions introduced? What is typed by the taskmasters and officers saying, "Thus saith Pharaoh"? By the statement, "I will give you no more straw"? By their charge, "Go, get you straw where you can find it"? By the statement, "Yet not ought of your work shall be diminished"? What purpose of Satan is thereby disclosed?
(14) What is typed by the scattering of the Israelites throughout Egypt? What is typed by the people seeking stubble instead of the withheld straw? The taskmasters' hastening the people? How is this evidenced? In what spheres? What is the driving power that demands the last ounce in this oppression? How do the forms of the curse act individually and mutually? What is typed by the beating
of the officers? What forms did this oppression take in the world of the reformers? What are examples of such in the financial, political, moral, trades union and socialist worlds? What did their own errors do to them? What Satanic policy is exemplified in this course? How was it traitorously manifested?
(15) What is typed by the taskmasters' demanding of the officers the reason for their not delivering the appointed number of bricks? By the yesterday? The today? What in this connection is to be remembered? To what have the reformers' sufferings moved them? How did they act in groups? By what are these public acts typed? Of what three things did they especially complain? What were the real oppressors? How were their complaints made? Of what were these complaints the antitype?
(16) What inference is to be drawn from the taskmasters' accusation and the officers' recital of their own sufferings? How does the antitype show this inference to be well taken? What do the words, "Wherefore dealest thou thus with thy servants" type? The words, "Thy servants are beaten"? What is a noted example of such oppression? What is typed by the officers' laying the fault on the Egyptians? What enables us to see that the officers type the reformers?
(17) What is the typical and antitypical relation of vs. 17, 18 to vs. 7, 8? How, in antitype of vs. 17, 18, did Satan give the answer? What is typed by the officers' recognizing their evil plight? In what two spheres and with whom is this failure seen? What is the relation of the second half of v. 19 to the second half of v. 11? What is typed by the officers' meeting Moses and Aaron after their interview with Pharaoh? What splendidly illustrates this? What was done with 100,000 copies of the extra edition of the Oct. 1, 1896, Tower? What did that Tower forecast as to the silver question? How did this affect the campaign? How did this move Mr. Bryan and others to act? Of what in part was this the antitype?
(18) What is typed by the officers' wish that God would examine and judge Moses and Aaron for their being alleged mischief-makers? What is typed by the involved thoughts suggested by their wish? In reality, into what presumption did the typical and antitypical officers become involved? Against what is their course a warning? What faults does v. 21 reveal, as in the typical and antitypical
officers? How should unpopularity with the wicked be regarded? What qualities necessary for obtaining the Truth does v. 21 show the reformers to have lacked? What is typed by the officers' saying that Moses and Aaron had put a sword into the hands of the Egyptians for their slaying? Whose case illustrates this? What other things are illustrations of the fulfilment of this type?
(19) What is typed by Moses' returning, and reporting his ill success, to Jehovah? By his sorrow over the developed situation? How did our Lord express the antitype of Moses' course in vs. 22 and 23? Despite forewarnings, why did both Moses and Jesus feel disappointed at the outcome? What do vs. 22 and 23 manifest to us? Particularly what things of our Lord do they bring to our minds and hearts? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What experience hard to bear is here brought to mind? What lessons may we especially learn from vs. 22 and 23?
(20) How much of Exodus has our study so far covered? What do the last two verses of Ex. 5 present to us? What does Ex. 6: 1-3 show? What was the first feature of God's encouraging typical and antitypical Moses? What did this imply to Pharaoh and Satan? What does the encouragement of Moses type? Why did the Father encourage our Lord? How would God meet Pharaoh's and Satan's counteractive measures? What is the language that types this? What advance knowledge does this language show Moses and our Lord at first to have lacked? When was it given them as knowledge in advance? What did this knowledge in advance do to Moses' and Jesus' grief over their pertinent Israel's oppression? What would God's strong hand effect in type and antitype? What is the difference in the type and the antitype between letting Israel go and driving them out?
(21) Why in type and antitype was repetition on God's speaking made? Why this emphasis? What does it type? What is typed by God's saying, "I am Jehovah"? How was this so? What contrast is made in v. 3? What does it type? What is the difference between the factual revelations of God in the Jewish Harvest and in the present Harvest? What special Divine attribute was active in the factual revelations of the Jewish Harvest? How is this Scripturally proved? In the factual revelations of the Parousia and Epiphany? How do they progress? Why were the factual revelations of the Jewish Harvest
typed by the name, Almighty God, and those of the present by the name, Jehovah? Where are details found on it?
(22) What allusions are made in v. 4? In vs. 5-8? In treating what verses were they typically and antitypically set forth? What does this make unnecessary? What will here be explained? What is the first of these items? What does this expression mean? In what were these things fulfilled typically? What are the antitypes? When will these be given in detail? What is the second of these items? What does its statement type? What is typed by the assurance that Israel would recognize that their God is Jehovah? What does the entire address of vs. 1-8 type? What should we learn from it? What noteworthy fact is hereby brought to our attention? How is this typed?
(23) In what did God say Israel would recognize Him as Jehovah? In what two aspects did He therein act toward oppressed Israel? What kinds of attributes therein manifested themselves? What antitypically should be our answer to the foregoing three questions? What characteristic have the involved assurances? Of what do they assure the Church? The world? Of what are these the antitype? What is typed by the oath (Gen. 22: 16-18) made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? What has this oath done to us? Especially under what circumstances? What is this oath-bound promise to us? What was God's adding here to the promise the expression, "I am Jehovah," to do in the type and the antitype? What really is the guarantee? What should come to God for it? From whom?
(24) What is typed by Moses' telling Israel the declarations of vs. 1-8? What seven doctrines especially are involved with others in Jesus' declaring the antitypes of vs. 1-8? Of what was His giving these the antitype? In general, through whom did He speak them? In particular through whom? What was our Pastor made in 1879? What was the first flood of light given him as such? Where and under what type is this explained historically? What characteristic could the unfolding of this antitype be said to have? What was the nature of Israel's reception of Moses' message of v. 9? Why was this reception given to Moses' message? What do these words deserve? What do they imply? What does this type? What characterized the Truth work of April, 1878, to Oct., 1880? To what does this remark not refer? How do we prove
that there were begettals during this period? How is the remark of v. 9 not related to this fact? To what does v. 9 refer antitypically?
(25) What antitypically wrought the unfruitfulness of Moses' message to Israel as a repetition of the contents of vs. 1-8? What expectation did the brethren cherish for Nisan 16, 1878? Wherein was it right? Wherein wrong? How do the citations prove this expectation to be the brethren's? How was the proclamation of this expectation made? In what two things did the mistaken forecast result? How did Bros. Barber and Russell differ in their stand on this expectation? What did Mr. Barber then inaugurate and maintain? What effect did these two things have on antitypical Israelites, begotten and unbegotten of the Spirit, outside the Truth? What errors kept other antitypical Israelites temporarily out of the Truth? How did they act toward Jesus' message at that period? How did the increased oppression in the form of sin affect the weak and the halting? What type does all this fulfill? Comparatively, which condition, the typical or the antitypical, was the sadder? Why?
(26) What did God do during this involved period? Why do we apply this charge to refer antitypically to public Harvest work? How did Jesus and the Church act toward this charge? With what results? What character did these results give that period of the Harvest? What two characteristics did Moses' statement before the Lord have? From what standpoint did it seem unanswerable? Why? What is the difference in the expressions, "Jehovah spake to Moses" and "Moses spake before the Lord"?
(27) What does this difference imply antitypically? In whom was our Lord's pertinent activity reflected? How was the speaking before the Lord done in antitype? On what principle? Especially to whom? Why with antitypical Israel not harkening should we expect Satan then to have harkened? What is meant by Moses' saying he was of uncircumcised lips? What kind of an ambassadorship did Moses have to exercise toward Pharaoh? What do these things type? What result did this certaintee, so far as moral suasion is concerned? What had to be added in type and antitype to secure the release? What, antitypically, is implied in the dual form of the Hebrew word
for lips? How are vs. 10-12 and 29 and 30 related? Why is there a repetition here? As what is Ex. 6: 14-27 to be regarded? What does it enable us to recognize? With what are Ex. 6: 10-12 and 28-30 to be connected?
(28) What is typed by God's charging Moses and Aaron toward Israel and Pharaoh on Israel's deliverance? When was this charge given? What did Jesus do through that Servant in way of preparing to fulfill this charge? When were they prepared, put through the press and ready for distribution? How did the first of these rank as a piece of Harvest work? What order and plan was used in their distribution? Why not another, and why this order? How did these two works stand related to Jehovah's charge of v. 13? Where is the type of the first of these works set forth? What is deferred to the consideration of Ex. 7: 8-13? Why are the genealogies of Ex. 6: 13-27 placed parenthetically between these charges and their execution with pertinent instructions? What does, and what does not clarify the placing of the genealogies here?
(29) What will help us to see the setting of the antitypes of the genealogies? What has been done on this point before? Where in this section is it especially stressed as evidence on this point? How does this section prove it? Quote and explain vs. 26, 27 on this point. How do their expressions stand contrasted with Moses and Aaron in other parts of the 40 years' experience from leaving Egypt to the entrance of Canaan? Why are the pertinent, definite and limiting expressions inserted here? What do they prove of the antitypes of the pertinent types? What does this fact enable us to do? What secondary application is not thereby excluded? Why not? Where and how was the secondary application made? For what do the above remarks prepare us?
(30) What fact in this genealogy should first be noted? How many of Israel's tribes are here treated genealogically? What second striking thing does this genealogy present? What is, and what is not the character of these omissions? Why are only those genealogies given that are found in vs. 14-25? What are first given in these genealogies? In what way? Who are represented here by Reuben? By Simeon? Why do we so hold?
(31) What have the Epiphany Merarites done to the Epiphany Camp? When will they do more? After what experience of theirs? What type shows this? How?
What will the Epiphany Gershonites after their cleansing become and do? Along what lines are the divisions of these Epiphany Levites made, in antitype of the divisions of Reuben and Simeon? For Epiphany purposes, whom does Hanoch (Enoch) type? Pallu? Herzon? Carmi? Where, and among whom, are the Epiphany Gershonites active? What are they not yet doing? For Epiphany purposes, whom does Jemuel type? Jamin Ohad? Jachin Zohar? Shaul? What is probably typed by Shaul's having a Canaanitish mother?
(32) What tribe's genealogy is next taken up? Why will our description of them be brief? Who are the Epiphany Gershonites? Merarites? Kohathites? Where are they, as well as the three groups of Levites in other periods, described? Whom does Levi type? What are the two groups of Epiphany Gershonites? Who type them? Who are the Epiphany Amramites? Izeharites? Hebronites? Uzzielites? Whom does Kohath type? The Mahli Merarites? The Mushi Merarites? Which group of the last named is now most active? What do they have and control?
(33) Whom does Amram in v. 20 not type? Why not? Who were, and who were not the heads of the Amramites? Whom does Amram in v. 20 type? In what capacity and for what reason? What does Jochebed mean and type? What addition to the expression, "his father's sister," do the Septuagint, the Vulgate and the Syriac make? Why is this addition to be favored? What woman's name is omitted from the genealogy in the A. V.? What authorities include it here? Whom in this connection would she type? Into what three divisions have the antitypical Izeharites formed themselves? What types this? What divisions have the Sturgeonites formed? What types this? How is this the case with those who never were Menta Sturgeon's adherents?
(34) What does Aaron mean and type here? What does Elishebah mean and type? Whom does her son Nadab type? Why? Abihu? Why? Eleazar? Why? What were his antitype's services and powers? Ithamar? Why? His services and powers? What are the three divisions of the antitypical Korahites? In what respect does Eleazar type our Pastor? How does his son Phinehas type our Pastor? How was he developed into antitypical Phinehas? What does Phinehas mean? How did this name fit our
Pastor antitypically? What of Eleazar's wife is not known? What likely is thereby typed? What is a summary of Ex. 6: 14-25?
(35) What have we sufficiently done with vs. 26-30? What was the occasion of this? In what has this resulted as to the end of our study so far? What will we do with the section from Ex. 7: 14 to 10: 24? Why so? Why will we here, nevertheless, treat of the tenth plague? What remark should be made on the first plague? How does it differ from the third sign? Why should this be called to our attention? What other separate acts, though much alike, should we not identify? Why not? Why are the above remarks made? If they are not kept in mind, what contradiction would be made between two thoughts of our Pastor? How in numerical order do the three woes and seven last plagues of Revelation not stand toward the ten Egyptian plagues?
(36) What does God in Ex. 7: 1-7 do? Of what is this typical? What had hitherto not been granted to Moses? Comparatively how had his power hitherto been? What is implied in his having been made a god to Pharaoh? How did this affect Aaron's power? Why so? What did Moses' power inferior to Pharaoh's type? What kind of power, type and antitype, had formerly been used? How did this affect Pharaoh and Satan? From when on in the antitype did God change this condition? What did this change involve in God's use of Jesus? When had Jesus received this increase of power? How did He act toward it for about a year? When did God begin to hint to this effect? What expression conveys this hint? What did our Lord begin in Sept., 1881? What is implied in the charge that Moses declare all God told him? What should Aaron thereupon do? What was, and what was not the character of that which Aaron was to say to Pharaoh? What was the antitype of the charge to Moses? The antitype of the implication of that charge as to Aaron? The antitype of Aaron's charge to, not request of, Pharaoh? What was the antitypical demand?
(37) What assurance did God in this connection give Moses? How did God harden Pharaoh's heart? What effect resulted for God from such hardening? What are the antitypes of these three things? What was Jehovah's statement to Moses respecting His course toward Pharaoh's disobedience? What did it type? What did Jehovah
tell Moses would be the effect of these judgments on Egypt? What is the antitype of this? What is typed by Moses' and Aaron's doing what God had just commanded them? How many brothers financed this work? In what proportion did they give? What did the smaller giver feel and do when he learned the amount of the larger giver's contribution? What supplemented the public distribution of Food For Thinking Christians? How was the related work done privately, among the brethren? What is typed by Moses being 80 and Aaron 83 years old when exercising power over Pharaoh?
(38) What charge does God give Moses and Aaron in vs. 8 and 9? What Hebrew word is, and what Hebrew word is not used to designate what Aaron's rod became on being cast down before Pharaoh? What does nachash mean and in which related passages is it used? How is taninim (plural of tanin) mistranslated in Gen. 1: 21? How do Rotherham and Young translate it? How is this word Biblically used in Gen. 1: 21? What are some illustrations of these taninim? What is the usual translation of taninim in the Bible? How did rationalists regard them? How have the Bible allusions to them been vindicated? What is the name and length of the largest so far found? What seems to be the right translation in Ex. 7: 9, 10, 12? How do tanin's other Biblical occurrences read? How are they applied? Who especially is thereby designated in the Old Testament? What else is so designated there? What does Revelation say on these? Why is the crocodile more than likely meant by the taninim of Ex. 7: 9, 10, 12? Why would it be most effective in impressing Pharaoh?
(39) What did the charge of vs. 8, 9 type? What did the antitype of Aaron's changing his rod into a tanin require of the Church to do? What was the explanation of evil's permission given by the Church? How was the charge antitypically fulfilled? In private, among the brethren? What is typed by Pharaoh's charge to his wise men, magicians and sorcerers? What is typed by Jannes' and Jambres' casting down their rods? By Aaron's tanin swallowing their taninim? What was the effect of the whole scene on Pharaoh and Satan? What fact of experience is proved by this effect? What did God in type and antitype do as to this effect?
(40) Who does not, and who does give the names and nationality of two of Pharaoh's magicians? What suggests their nationality? What do the words Jannes and Jambres mean? What does this account of Jannes and Jambres prove as to the times of the antitype? Whom does Jannes type? Jambres? What two applications did our Pastor make of these two magicians? What application did he not give? Why not? Who gave it? How? What other two sets of double types convey the same general phenomena? Whom does Nadab type? Abihu? Moses' and Aaron's smiting the rock twice? How do the pertinent Moses and Aaron antitypes compare with the Jannes and Jambres antitypes? How do these compare with the Nadab and Abihu antitypes?
(41) Why has there been an interruption in the continuance of this chapter? With what did the discussion end? What was said as to Ex. 7: 14—10: 20? What are described in that passage? Why is a consideration of this section here omitted? When is it purposed to be taken up? What is the first reason why we will here study the tenth plague? The second reason? What peculiarity as to the execution of the third woe is found in the book of Revelation? With what do the events following the ninth plague begin?
(42) Which one of the Revelation plagues corresponds with the ninth of the Egyptian plagues? What proves this? What difference in order do we find in the Egyptian plague and the plagues and woes of Revelation? What determines the order of these in Revelation? In Exodus? Give an example proving this. What mistake on this line is found in Vol. 7? What in some cases does it omit?
(43) What experience shows why there is a difference in the time order of some of the ten plagues of Egypt and of the seven last plagues of Rev. 16? What was the instruction of this experience? What view of that Servant kept him back from express public attacks on the trinity and soul's immortality doctrines? In what year was this course begun to be changed on immortality? On the trinity? In what articles and B.S.M's. were these subjects discussed more plainly to the public? How do these facts make clear the difference in the time order of the plagues from the Exodus and Revelation standpoints?
(44) What were the two cumulative effects of the first nine plagues on Pharaoh? What do they type? When
did the antitype begin? Of what did the compromise—type and antitype—consist? What was its first wrong characteristic? Why so? Why was it also unjust? What in reality did the compromise offer? What lesson can we learn from this offer as respects all Satan's offers? Who did not, and who did have the rights in the matter on which the compromises were offered?
(45) What are not typed by the conversations between Pharaoh and Moses? How were these conversations antityped? What, briefly, was the antitypical ninth plague? When did it begin to work? By the emphasized spread of what two teachings did it work? How did Satan answer the antitypical ninth plague? By what two things did he make conditions inconducive to consecration? To what two features of consecration did he do this? What classes coming into the Truth at that time furnished Satan with a further way of making his offer on compromising on consecration? How was this the case? What other set of conditions did he then create, so as to make compromises in consecration possible?
(46) What is one of Satan's favorite methods to secure his ends? In what institution of Satan is this exemplified? How did papacy's power grow? What is the special characteristic of modern diplomacy? Who introduced such bargaining? What was the custom of ancient nations with respect to their ambassadors' stay at the courts of other nations? What custom did papacy introduce in this matter? Why? How would its nuncios act while in the countries to which they were accredited? What did it gradually accomplish? How? What art did papacy thereby invent and perpetuate? What has it thereby developed? What prophecy did it in part thereby fulfill?
(47) What did Moses do with Pharaoh's proposal? What did this type? What did Moses' positiveness in his refusal type? In what did the matching of our Lord's and Satan's wits in this matter result? Why did our Lord reject Satan's offer? What characteristic of Moses' answer grew in strength as his answer continued? How was this shown? What does this type? Why did Israel require the herds? What was involved in Satan's wanting the antitypical herds for himself? Why did Israel require the flocks? What was involved in Satan's wanting the antitypical flocks for himself? In what first thing would acceding to Satan's desires in these respects result?
Second thing? What did Christ's answer effect? What was the particular thing that Satan sought to gain by his offer? Why would such a result follow acceding to his demand? What is typed by Moses not permitting himself and Israel to be put into a position in which they could not sacrifice?
(48) What did Jesus do as to Satan's compromise offer? By what did He not answer? By what did He answer? How did He make the answer? Through whom did He do this? In what did our Pastor's part therein appear? Name some of the pertinent subjects that appeared in the B.S.M. of 1911 (Vol. 3). Of 1912. Of 1913. Of 1914. What do these facts prove?
(49) Through what other Truth servants also did He answer Satan? In what special course of lectures did this happen? What is meant by the serial lectures? How many lecturers took part in each series? How many sets of serial lecturers officiated? In what year was this done? What were the topics of the serial lectures? What was the subject especially through which Jesus gave the pertinent answer to Satan? Where were these lectures not delivered? Where were they delivered? In what other kinds of meetings was the pertinent subject stressed? By whom? What do the facts adduced in this and the preceding paragraph prove? What antitype did our Lord thereby fulfill?
(50) By what did God primarily harden Pharaoh's heart in this instance and in other instances? By what did He secondarily do so? Why was this a natural effect? How was the antitype of this fulfilled? How did Satan react in this hardening of his heart? How long did this continue?
(51) To what did Pharaoh then resort? What is the literal translation of Pharaoh's threat? And of Moses' answer? What did Moses not say? What proves this? How do Moses' remarks in Ex. 11 stand related as to occasion to the events of Ex. 10: 24-29? How do facts corroborate the real statement of Moses? How did Moses go to Pharaoh at their last meeting? What is the difference in Pharaoh's carriage at his first and his last interview with Moses? How did Moses receive Pharaoh's surrender? What should be expected to be the outcome of every stout resistance to the Divine purpose? How may we pray as to such an outcome?
(52) By what was the antitype of Pharaoh's threat not made? By what was it made? Of what character must these acts have been? When did the ninth plague begin to make itself felt? What proves this? How long after that plague began was it that Satan began to offer his compromise? What proves this? With what sermon did Jesus begin His rejection of Satan's offer? How must the series of acts that constitute a serial type be enacted? How does the enactment of a serial antitype take place? Why are these two answers right? Give an example in illustration of these two thoughts? Where did we first show this distinction in the enactment of types and antitypes?
(53) When did the antitypical darkness begin? When did its last distinct feature set in? How did these two features in time fulfill the time features of the type? When did Pharaoh make the typical offer to compromise? When was the antitypical offer to compromise made? What implies this? When was the antitypical refusal to compromise begun? By what was the antitypical threat begun? When did its beginning come to a climax? What constituted the antitypical threat? How long did it last? What do the four antitypes of vs. 21-28 prove as to serial antitypes? Why should the principle underlying this feature of serial types and antitypes be kept in mind?
(54) To what was the first part of Moses' answer equivalent? What confirms this thought? How is the truthfulness of Moses' statement to be harmonized with his seeing Pharaoh again? How was our Lord's answer not made to Satan's threat? How was it made? Where is Moses' interview with Pharaoh continued? In what way are the verses of Ex. 11: 1-3 connected with this interview? What do Moses' words in Ex. 11: 4-8 type? What conclusion are we to draw from this fact? What pieces of literature do not come under this condemnation? Why not? What features of propaganda do come under this condemnation? Of what are they not a part? What are they? What is the character of the message that the Levites give the public that was given by 1916? In the light of these facts what is to be said of the provision in our Pastor's will forbidding the Society to give out to the public other publications than his pen products? What evils resulted from its disregard? How avoid these?