Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
expression suggest and prove? Among other things, what does Rev. 14: 9-11 suggest in this connection? What do these considerations suggest positively and negatively, as to the means of inflicting the tenth plague? What do the dogs here symbolically represent? Their tongues? How do literal dogs act at the death of their masters or members of their masters' families? What were Egypt's mourning dogs not to do to Israelitish people or beasts? Why not? What does Moses' forecast in this particular type? What will the contrast between their and spiritual Israelites' feelings suggest to them?
(13) What does Moses' forecast of the humiliation and subserviency of Pharaoh's officials before him type? Whereby did our Lord make these forecasts? Who are these officials in the antitype? What is typed by Moses' forecast of Pharaoh's officers begging relief by Israel's departure? How was the antitypical forecast made? How could such driving out of antitypical Israel be subserviency on the part of Satan's officials? When according to Moses' forecast would he go out of Egypt? What is its antitype? What does Moses' departure from Pharaoh's presence in great anger type? Where were the antitypical forecasts mainly made?
(14) After these forecasts, type and antitype, what did Jehovah say? What did Pharaoh's stubbornness occasion? What did this type? What is typed by Moses and Aaron performing the wonders in Egypt? Who did not work the tenth plague? What does this type? Which antitypical plagues have Christ and the Church wrought? By what kind of a ministry? What did they do by such a ministry? Against and before whom did Moses and Aaron work the typical plagues? What does this type? Why are details not here given on God's hardening Pharaoh's heart?
(15) To what has our present study brought us? Later than what date could the command to institute the Passover not have come? What two reasons prove this? About how long before Nisan 10 does this charge seem to have been given? Why? Even later than what date could it not come? Why not? On what day was the threat of the death of the firstborn made? What proves this? How accordingly must the first part of Ex. 12: 1 be rendered? Why? By what is this also required? Why?
When was the antitypical lamb set aside for death? What are we forced to do with the antitype of v. 1 by this consideration?
(16) At what time does Moses in the opening vs. of Ex. 12 type our Lord? How did Jesus fulfill the antitype of Moses' charging the institution of the Passover? How do the cited passages prove this? What antitypes God's speaking the things of these verses to Moses? Whom, first of all, does Aaron in v. 1 represent? At what time of their experiences? Whom does he later type? What is first and later typed by God's speaking these things to Aaron? What is typed by God's doing this speaking in Egypt?
(17) What was involved in making Nisan the first month of the year? What had been the first month of the year? When did it come? How manyfold years did Israel have thereafter? What are their names? What did this change type? What is the first thing to suggest this antitype? What, accordingly, do we understand the change to type? Especially what? How do the quoted Scriptures prove and give the fulfillment antitypically of the change? What in the type makes reasonable the suggested antitype? What other consideration suggests this antitype? Why?
(18) What would the charge of setting aside the lamb on Nisan 10 coming before that date type? Why? What facts suggest this thought as to typical institutions fixed to a date? What does this imply as to the charge on setting aside the antitypical Lamb before Nisan 10? How was this charge not given? How was it given? What events occurred on Nisan 10, A. D. 33? What day of the week was it? What refutes the nominal church's view as to the day of the week? How do the cited Scriptures prove that Jesus was set aside for death the day of His triumphal entrance into Jerusalem? How was Jesus set aside for death that day by all Israel?
(19) By what two things did Jesus charge His setting aside as the antitypical Lamb on Nisan 10, 33 A. D.? What are the main teachings by which He did this? What are the main acts by which He did this? What phase of His setting aside for death was accomplished by all the teachings and acts previous to the last three? By these last three?
(20) What was to serve for each family in the type? What did each house type? Each lamb? What was done, if a family was too small to eat a lamb? What three things were typed by this? How is this suggested in 1 Cor. 1: 26-29? Why was a lamb or kid chosen for this type? Explain the cited Scriptures on our Lamb as being the antitype of the lambs slain in Egypt. Why was the lamb to be unblemished? Explain the Scriptures cited on Jesus' sinlessness. What was typed by the lamb's being a male? A yearling? Why was the choice left optional as to whether a lamb or kid was used? What is not to be sought in this freedom of choice?
(21) Why was the lamb kept from Nisan 10 to Nisan 14? What is the antitype of giving the charge that the whole congregation slay it Nisan 14? How did Jesus give the antitypical charge? By what acts? How did the antitypical whole house of Israel slay the antitypical Lamb? When was the lamb slain? What were the two evenings? What New Testament Scriptures prove two evenings to be held in Israel? When as to the two evenings was the lamb slain? What two things does this type? From the second viewpoint what would the night of Nisan 14 type? What would the beginning of its evening be?
(22) What do both the Israelitish house and the family in this story represent? On what principle? How is the word house used in this chapter? What does the lamb's blood type? Of what does our Lord's human merit consist? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What does sprinkling the lamb's blood represent? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? How many imputations of our Lord's merit is made? What is the first of these? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What is the second of these? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What are the four main differences between these two imputations?
(23) Wherein are both imputations set forth? What in general do the two door posts type? What is the first part of the Law, or Justice? The second part? How do the cited Scriptures prove these to be the two parts of the Law, or Justice? What does one of the door posts represent? The other? What is typed by sprinkling the first door post? The second?
(24) What is needed besides the cancellation of the Adamic sentence? The sprinkling of what was not enough in the type? What besides the (side) door posts had to be sprinkled? What does the lintel type? What is necessary for our humanity additional to the cancellation of the Adamic sentence? Why is this necessary? Why is Christ's righteousness called God's righteousness? By what is its imputation to us typed? What does the head of each Israelitish house in sprinkling the door posts type? In sprinkling the lintel? What entire work is thus typed by the sprinkling of the door posts and lintel? What is typed by sprinkling on those houses alone where the lamb was eaten?
(25) What is typed by the charge to eat the lamb's flesh the night of Nisan 14? How do the cited Scriptures show this in a parallel way? What is the difference in the form and substance of the figures? When only could the lamb in Egypt be eaten? What does this type? How will Christ's merit be appropriated in the Millennium? What two things are typed by roasting the lamb? Why was it not boiled? What is typed by this? What is typed by not eating the lamb raw? Why cannot the antitypical Lamb be eaten raw or boiled? Why antitypically was it prohibited to eat the Lamb raw or boiled?
(26) What other two things were to be eaten with the lamb? Of what is leaven a type? Why so? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What does the leavened bread type? What does unleavened bread type? What is typed by eating unleavened bread? What does the antitype imply? What is the literal translation of the word rendered bitter herbs? What do Jews use now as the bitters? Of what were they typical? How is this proved by a process of elimination? What is typed by Israel's eating the bitters? By eating the Passover?
(27) What does v. 9 not charge and what does it charge in its last part? What does this charge type? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? Why must He have been so? What is typed by the charge to leave nothing of the eating of the lamb over until morning? What are the two reasons for this antitype? What will happen to those who do not end their feast before the Millennium? Why should we finish the feast before the Millennium? Is there a contradiction between the two
charges of v. 9? What helps us to harmonize them? How are they to be harmonized? What is typed by the uneaten parts of the lamb? What considerations will clarify this antitype of the uneaten parts of the lamb? What is typed by burning the parts of the lamb uneaten before morning? What is the reason for the antitype? For what will all the merit of Christ have to be applied in the Millennium? What is a summary of the antitype of burning the uneaten parts of the lamb?
(28) What does v. 11 describe? How were they to eat the typical Passover? While doing it for what were they to be prepared? What does this type? What are typed by the girded loins, sandaled feet and held staff? Combinedly what do they type? Why is the expression, It is the Lord's Passover, used? What transition does the picture here make? What went on in the first part of this 80 years' night? Before what began to be poured out? When was the middle of this night? What are the dangers to which the antitypical firstborn of Israel are exposed? To what did these dangers arouse the antitypical Israelites? Why will we pass over the first items of v. 12 without comment? Whom do Egypt's rulers type? Of what will the judgment of the antitypical rulers consist? What guarantees this? When will be the judgment part of "the night"? What was the sign for passing over the Israelite's houses and sparing their firstborn. What is its antitype and its effect? What does God do while sparing antitypical Israel's firstborn? How may we be passed over? To what should this prompt us?
(29) What two things does God command in Ex. 12: 14? Throughout what period were they to be kept? What do the original lamb and the night of its feast type? What do the annual Passover and the night of its celebration type? What does the fact that the annual Passover was to be celebrated annually throughout the Jewish Age type? How does the cited passage prove this antitypically? What does the expression, "till He come," not mean? What does it mean? What proves this to be its meaning? What does this consideration overthrow? To whom have the two annual Passovers been feasts? What does this mean? How long was the Passover feast? The Passover festival? What does this seven days' festival type? How long do we celebrate our deliverance?
(30) What was the chief thing in the feast of Nisan 14? The secondary things? What was the main thing throughout the following seven days' festival? Where is this brought out? What is typed by Israel's eating unleavened bread Nisan 14? What is typed by Israel's eating it throughout the seven days following? How does 1 Cor. 5: 8 prove this? What does the charge to put leaven away from the houses type? On the first day? What is the ceremony used by the Jews since before Christ's day in putting away leaven from their houses?
(31) What is not certain as to the origin of this ceremony? What view of it is within the bounds of truth and reason? Why is this so? What does the house here type? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What is typed by the Israelite hunting for leaven? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What does the candle giving light type? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What does the fire type? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What is the main quality that destroys the antitypical leaven? The other two main qualities? How do the cited Scriptures prove this of the three? What has the foregoing proved as to the symbology of the ceremony of casting out the leaven? What would we have to say of it, if Divinely arranged, and not recorded in the Bible? Like what would it be in this respect?
(32) What does v. 15 prescribe as to the penalty for leaving leaven in the house during the Passover festival? How at first sight does this penalty seem? How can its reasonableness be vindicated? What happens to the new creature, if one continually lives after the flesh? How only will it survive? Why did God inflict the death penalty for disobedience to His charge on leaven during the Passover festival? What kind of offenses are not typed by eating of leaven during the Passover? What kind are thereby typed? In summary, why were the typical prohibition and inflicting of its penalty made? What do these reflections make reasonable? What adds to its reasonableness? What is typed by the infliction of the penalty at anytime during the seven days?
(33) What were there to be on the first and seventh days of the Passover festival? What was not to be done on them? What exception was made? How many antitypes are thereby suggested? Whom does the first concern?
When? The second? When? What is the first antitype? The second? What facts justify the first application as to antitypical convocations? The second? What indication is implied in these antitypical convocations of the first kind? The second kind?
(34) What is typed by the charge to avoid all unnecessary work? At what periods was this antitypically more generally taught and practiced than at other times, in both applications? What is not given as to other work in the other five days? Why this, coupled with the prohibition expressed for the two days? When in both antitypes was there more loyalty? When less? Who are some examples in proof of this? In what facts do we find these things exemplified in the first of these applications? In the second? What has resulted from this as to Great Company membership? When do these later reform unto loyalty? How is this typed?
(35) What is typed by the repetition of the charge to use unleavened bread in the original and annual Passovers? How did this fulfill antitypically? Why were the original and annual feasts deservedly required? How do these considerations apply to the two antitypical feasts? What do these considerations prove?
(36) What does v. 18 tell? What distinction must be kept in mind to understand this matter? Actually how long did the entire celebration last? On what part of Nisan 14 could only unleavened bread be eaten? What could be done in the rest of it? During what other period could only unleavened bread be eaten? At what times was leavened bread prohibited? How does the antitype clarify these matters as to the 14th? As to the 15th to the 21st? When was leaven put away in the type? Except one item, what do vs. 18-20 do? What is the one item? What does the land of Israel type? The Israelite born in it? The stranger living in it? What did such strangers as are here meant have to undergo, according to vs. 48, 49? Whom do they type? What Scriptures in the first place prove it? How do the other cited ones prove it? What does the passage type as to these two classes eating leaven at the Passover?
(37) Of what does Ex. 12: 1-20 consist? What do vs. 2125 set forth? Comparing these two Scriptures, how do they differ? What does this not imply as to Moses?
Why not? As what did this condensing serve? How do we know that he actually delivered to the elders all of the charges? What is typed by Moses' telling the elders to draw out and take and slay the lamb? Where are the details of the antitype given? What has already been given on almost everything in v. 22? How many items does it contain not hitherto explained? What are they? What does the hyssop type? The basin? What is typed by dipping the hyssop into the blood? Sprinkling the blood on the door posts and lintel?
(38) What is necessary in order to appreciate the meaning of leaving the house the night of Nisan 14? What does the Israelitish house type? The door? What is typed by its standing between the door posts and lintel? How are we kept related to God's justice and Christ as our door? What does the whole situation picture? What does this do to all members of God's family? How was this typed? What does the antitype imply?
(39) What happened to an Israelite who left his house that night? What does this type? For new creatures? Youthful Worthies? Tentatively justified ones? What do all of these do with the blood of Christ? The consecrated of them with the blood of the sacrificial covenant? What pertinent exhortations come to us with peculiar force? What does the charge not to leave the house until morning type? When only can we safely give up trusting in the imputed merit? What is our wish in this respect for all concerned?
(40) Where and in connection with what Scriptures have the thoughts of v. 23 been explained? The thoughts of v. 24? What is meant by the term, "this thing," in v. 24? What proves this? What proves this of the antitype of the annual Passover? To what does the expression, "this thing," not refer? What three things lacking in the annual Passover were present in the original Passover? What are the three parallel lacks in the Lord's Supper as the antitype of the annual Passover? What follows from these considerations as to the expression, "this thing"? What things were to be celebrated in the annual Passover? In our annual Passover? What is also symbolized by eating the bread and drinking the wine, not pictured in Israel's eating the lamb? What does this prove as to the identity of the antitypical Lamb?
In what two conditions was Israel to keep the annual Passover? What does this type? What are the two inheritances antitypical of Israel's inheriting the land? Where are they discussed by our Pastor? What is meant by the expression, "this service," in v. 25? What is typed by the charge to keep it? How do the Scriptures prove this?
(41) How should the last clause of v. 26 be rendered? What do the connection and the question show was desired? What proves that the annual slaying and eating of the lamb was a symbolic service? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What did God desire for the Israelitish children, witnessing and sharing in the annual Paschal service? What does He accordingly do in vs. 26, 27? What does the explanation of the symbolic service, given in v. 27, require us to understand the word is there not to be? To be? What does it therefore mean in v. 27? Where are details to be found on this subject? What should we not say of the word is as used in v. 27? How is it there used? How may this word be used as a predicate? What parallel uses of other words make this reasonable? What three views are held by real-presencists? What mistake in their favor has in controversy been made by those who hold the true view of the bread and wine in their justification feature? How is the word is used in the Lord's Supper? What distinction proves this? Hove is the word is used as a predicate in all explanations of symbolic things?
(42) Whom do the Israelitish children asking for an explanation of the Passover's service type? What consideration proves that the Lord's Supper is a service symbolic of something else? How did Satan proceed to palm off transubstantiation, consubstantiation and instrumentalization? What is transubstantiation? What sects hold it? What is consubstantiation? What sects hold it? What is instrumentalization? What sects hold it? How can the Truth on the Lord's Supper be easily maintained and refute the real-presencists? What related type and antitype will give a proper basis for the relation between the annual Passover Supper and the Lord's Supper? What answer did God put into the mouths of the Israelitish fathers to their children's pertinent question? Why do we give the word is in the answer the force of represents? Why is the lamb slain in Egypt called the Lord's Passover?
What does v. 27 do with the word Passover in this verse? What does it not mean in this verse? Why not? What does this do with the evasion of the real-presencists as to the word Passover in this verse? What was the explanation that God gave Israelitish fathers to give to their children? What fact proves this explanation to be true? What was the primary antitype of God's giving this explanation? Its secondary one? What is typed by the Israelites' responsiveness?
(43) To what did God, according to Ex. 12: 29, finally resort? What did God previously manifest? What will enable us properly to appreciate the meaning of the tenth plague to the Egyptians? What in comparison with the other nine plagues was the character of the tenth? When did it start in type and antitype? What period did the antitypical night cover? When was its midnight? What made it set in? What did the Lord begin to do at the antitypical midnight? What did Egypt's firstborn of man and beast type? When will neither of the antitypes be any more? How was this typically shown?
(44) What is the change in the expression of the social extremes in Ex. 11: 5 and 12: 29? What is the real point in the typical contrasts? Is there a contradiction here? Why in Ex. 11: 5 was the forecast worded as it was? What at the time of the antitypical forecast did we not understand on this subject now understood by us? What did such lack of understanding prevent? Hence only what forecast as to the firstborn could we then make?
(45) In giving the typical fulfillment how did God state it? What during the infliction of the antitypical tenth plague are God's people increasingly seeing? What has been in operation since 1917? Who are meant by the expression, "firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon"? Among other Biblical symbols for the Great Company, how are the latter set forth? How does Ps. 107: 10, 14, 16 show this? Ps. 79: 11? Ps. 102: 20, connected with vs. 21, 22? Heb. 2: 15? Ps. 69: 33?
(46) Who are meant by the captives, etc., in v. 29? How long have there been crown-losers? When did the Great Company as such come into existence? Since when only can there be "the captive, etc.," class? Who are this captive's firstborn? How does Abihu type these? Jambres, certain ones of these? The sixth slaughter-weapon man,
certain of these? How do the cited proofs demonstrate these antitypical meanings? What kind of firstborn are they? With what kind of firstborn do they perish? As the antitype of what do they perish? When will all new-creaturely surviving sifters have passed into the Second Death? Under what types are these set forth? Why are they in this fearful condition? How should this affect us? What is meant by burning strange fire before the Lord? What will result from a persistent burning of strange fire before the Lord? Why? How does St. Paul in Heb. 10: 31 characterize the effect of this course? What should we learn from the exhortation to Aaron, Eleazar and Ithamar in Lev. 10: 6, 7?
(47) What proves that Pharaoh, his officers and the other Egyptians had gone to bed before midnight of Nisan 14, 1615 B. C.? To what did they rise? What does their rising, first, type? Secondly? What partial fulfillment of the great cry has already set in? How does the death of, and mourning for Pius IX illustrate the first of the above thoughts? Their later information the second of the above thoughts? What second set of events illustrates the first of the above thoughts? The second? What third set of things illustrates the same thing? Fourth set of things? What three classes are grieved by these and similar cases? What only have we in this particular so far seen?
(48) What only has this been? Why has it so far been less impressive than it will yet be? What will make it become more marked? Why? How does Jer. 25: 31-38 show this? What will, according to this, happen to all of the new-creature members of the shepherds and principals of the flock who are antitypical Egyptian firstborn? How does Is. 65: 11-15 prove this of the firstborn Egyptians among those there mentioned? How does the Jehu picture involve this thought in connection with Jezebel? How does 2 Kings 9: 30-37 show this? Rev. 11: 9-11? What additionally does this passage show? How does 2 Kings 10, among other things, also imply this? When will most of antitypical Egypt's firstborn be slain? Why? What two Scriptures prove that the antitypical mourning will be great? In what three estates will it be universal? What in the type proves this?
(49) What does v. 30 show? How was he in opposing Israel's deliverance? What must be the result of resisting
Jehovah's commands and purposes? What is the proper course of Jehovah's will? Who learned that resistance to it must come to defeat? What were the characteristics and acts of Pharaoh's surrender? What did he in it concede? What would Israel's leaving with all their belongings bring to Pharaoh? What is the antitype of Pharaoh's surrender? What will cause it? To what all will he yield? What is the antitype of Pharaoh's bidding the departure? Where and in what did it have its start? When? For what acts of the Lord's people? When did it begin in America? Whom did it strike? In what has it continued? When will it come to a head? What is now causing it? What will shortly increasingly cause it?
(50) What will really be the effect of such persecution and expulsion? Of what are these acts the antitype? Why will their expulsion be a blessing to Satan? What does the severity of the wartime persecution suggest as to the one ahead of us? What verses suggest this? What is suggested antitypically in v. 33? Where and when was this manifest first? Later? In connection with what work? What is to be expected shortly? Among what other Truth people has this been occurring? By what is this typed? What effect on their public ministry will this have? When will the climax of this persecution and expulsion set in? Why? What expressions in v. 33 imply this? What should we not do over this? Why? What is typed by the Egyptian saying, "We be all dead men"? Why do they fear this?
(51) What does v. 34 show? For what did they not have time? What did the Israelites do, according to v. 34? What will help to an understanding of the antitype? How many goings forth from antitypical Egypt are there? What is the first? How does Col. 1: 13 show this? What type implies the first? What is the second? What do God's people do as to v. 34 in both of these deliverances? What shows this? What does the dough type? The kneading troughs? Kneading the dough in the troughs? The wrapping of the dough within the troughs in the Israelites' garments? Carrying them on their shoulders? In what experiences have God's people fulfilled the antitypes?
(52) What false translation occurs in the A. V. of v. 35? What is the pertinent Hebrew word? What does it mean? What translations give the correct rendering?
How many times had God previously charged the asking of v. 35? What does the A. V. translation of v. 35 suggest as to God? What evil would this translation lay to God's door? How is the difficulty overcome? What will clarify the whole transaction? On what oriental custom is the story of vs. 35, 36 based? What Scriptural example illustrates it? To what may the custom lead in case of violation? Who always wins such a suit, if he can prove himself faithful? What actually was the refusal of the boon? Why did God charge Israel on this subject? What characteristics did this charge have? Of what objection to the Bible's moral teachings does this custom dispose?
(53) What has already been done with the main antitypes of vs. 35, 36? In what connections? How do these two passages stand related to vs. 35, 36? How do our expositions of the first and second stand related to that of the third? What do the articles of gold and silver type? How does 1 Cor. 3: 12 show this? When have the antitypical gold and silver been extracted? How have the extractions been made? What were the main truths so extracted? What have others of these been? How were they gotten? What truths illustrate this, antithetically set forth by Arminians and Calvinists? How were they extracted and harmonized? What truths illustrate this partly gotten from the Universalists and the Evangelicals? How were they extracted and harmonized? What truths illustrate this partly gotten from the Unitarians and the alleged orthodox churches? How were they extracted and harmonized? In brief, what can be said on this point as to many other teachings of antitypical Egyptians? Along what lines? How did the Truth people "ask" for these? When? What other type illustrates this? On what do the present antitype and that of the asking for the antitypical garments concentrate themselves? What is the usual course in the fulfillments of Biblical types? The exceptional course? As a matter of fact, when was the beginning of the antitypical asking and receiving? What is shown in this respect in the present type?
(54) What does the asking for the garments represent? Under what circumstances is it usually made? How have the antitypical Egyptians felt and acted toward the antitypical Israelites? What in the latter has occasioned this? How have the former acted out this attitude? In
what relations? In what forms have they expressed their attitude? How have the antitypical Israelites made the request? What are the garments? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What has this antitypical asking gained for the graces? What does their gaining these graces and the latter's development unto perfection antitype? By what do the antitypical Egyptians give them?
(55) What view of our tribulations from the antitypical Egyptians will help us to desire and gain the typed benefits from them, as well as undergo them in the right spirit? From what will this viewpoint deliver us? What will it give us amid them? In so doing, whose pertinent charge will we be obeying? When did He give it? How did He give us this charge? What do we know as to our requesting the symbolic gold, silver and garments? Our receiving them? In what proportion do we receive them? In what two periods have we been receiving them? In which will the more have come to us? Why? What may we expect as the Epiphany advances? What are we to conclude from these facts?
(56) What was done as a forecast when Ex. 11: 3 was treated? What does this fact effect as to a study here of the first clause of v. 36? What is the proper rendering of the second clause of v. 36? How did the typical Egyptians act toward Israel's asking for parting gifts? Why this? How did the Israelites respond? In what degree? What is the antitype of the Egyptians' encouraging the Israelites to ask parting gifts? What has been moving them thereto? How has this affected antitypical Israel? What did the Israelites' receiving so much do to the Egyptians? What later liberality of the Israelites proves the vast amount of "spoil" they got from the Egyptians? What as to the antitypical Egyptians does this prove the Israelites to have done? How is this the case as to the antitypical Egyptians' minds? What was the exact working of this effect? What other Scripture shows this?
(57) What else in the antitypical Egyptians was spoiled? After what likeness? By what kind of motives, thoughts, words and acts are their hearts spoiled? How does the process go on? What in the antitypical Israelites arouse these evil qualities to act? In what relations has this been exemplified? What has resulted therefrom to the antitypical Egyptians? Of what do they thereby give evidence?
What has resulted from such treatment to the antitypical Israelites? Why? What feeling should we, and what feeling should we not, as a result, cherish toward the antitypical Egyptians? Why so? What lesson should we learn from vs. 35, 36? Why may we expect our requests to be fulfilled? How do they regard us? What should we do Godward for these benefits?
(58) By what was Israel's exodus taken? What were the three stages of this journey before they were completely out of Egypt? Where did they assemble? What kind of a leaving was this? To what place did they then travel? Whither from there? What are the two leavings of antitypical Egypt? How do they differ? When did the second leaving set in "in" Britain? In America? What does the word Rameses mean? What does it type? What does assembling at Rameses type? From where did the antitypical Israelites assemble to antitypical Rameses? In particular, what is typed by Israel's traveling to Rameses? As what, accordingly, did typical and antitypical Rameses serve?
(59) What does the word Succoth mean? What does it type? When was the march from antitypical Rameses to antitypical Succoth begun? When did it end for the vanguard? What two notable events mark these two limits? When did the rearguard reach antitypical Rameses? What is typed by the journey to Rameses? To Succoth? What is the antitypical abiding in Rameses? Succoth? What particular trial connections belong to each antitypical place? How long must the antitypical leaving of Succoth go on? What event will not set in until antitypical Succoth will be entirely left? At what date was it begun to be left? Where is not, and where is the journey from Succoth to Etham described? What does it represent? What does the word Etham mean? How does this meaning suggest that antitypical Etham will be reached by Armageddon's fighting? What does Etham type? What is typed by abiding in Etham? How long will the Lord's people remain in antitypical Etham? What is typed by Etham's situation at the edge of the wilderness? What does this wilderness type? The journey through it? Israel's coming to the Red Sea?
(60) What is typed by the large number of Israelite adult males? The Israelite children? Who were the
mixed multitude? Whom do they type? What is typed by the Israelites' flocks and herds? Those of the mixed multitude? What is the distinction between the antitypical mixed multitude and their cattle? What is typed by the great number of Egypt's freedmen in the finished picture? What is typed by Israel's baking unleavened cakes from the dough kneaded in Egypt? What is typed by the cakes not being leavened? What produced these involved typical acts? What is typed by these? Why this result? What is typed by the Israelites' preparing no victuals for their journey?
(61) Why is the clause, "who dwelt in Egypt," not an explanatory relative clause? Why is it a restrictive relative clause? How was the first part of Israel's sojourning done? The second part? What is typed by the 430 years' sojourning? When did Abraham enter the land? After what date will the antitypical sojourning come to an end? With what event? What in general do these 430 years of sojourning type? According to v. 41, what was the date of Abraham's entrance into the land? When did Israel pack up preparatory to leaving? When did they begin to travel? When not? How is their packing up to be considered, in view of the expression on their observing the night of their departure? What is typed by all the hosts of the Lord leaving Egypt the selfsame day?
(62) To what does v. 42 call attention? What does the literal translation call that night? How long has it been observed? By whom especially? What are the two antitypical nights? How do they compare with the typical night? How long will they be commemorated? By whom? As what? In whose honor was the typical night, and will the antitypical nights be celebrated? In what two spheres and by what two classes will the antitypical nights be celebrated? Who gave the typical ordinance as to the Passover feasting? As to the antitypical ones? What is the general rule given in v. 43 on who should not eat of the annual lamb? What Hebrew words are used to designate them? What is their real meaning, according to the R. V. and the A. R. V.? What other Hebrew word is, in vs. 48 and 49, translated stranger? Who, then, was prohibited from partaking of the annual lamb? Who, according to v. 47, might partake of it? In particular, who, according to v. 45, were the two classes who might
not partake of it? According to vs. 44, 48 and 49, what were the three classes who might eat of the annual lamb?
(63) What kind of a description does v. 48 give as to the non-partakers? What was the hindering thing? What does circumcision type? How do Rom. 2: 29 and Col. 2: 11-13 show this? Into what three classes are the circumcised divided in vs. 44, 48, 49? Whom does the purchased servant type? The stranger [ger]? Those born in the land? What application of Num. 8: 5-22 proves this of the first of these? In what sense antitypically are we to understand the expression, "the servant that is bought for money"? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? Of how many classes did the aliens, or foreigners, consist? How are they described in v. 48? Who are the antitypes of these two classes? How are they symbolized in The Chart of the Ages? What further three classes are to be excluded from the Memorial Supper? What thought implies this? How does it do so?
(64) Where was each Israelitish family, or each reckoned family, to eat the lamb? What does this type? What was prohibited in this connection? What does leaving the house type? What is typed by carrying the lamb's flesh out of the house? What is typed by breaking a bone of the lamb? What thought suggests this antitype? What does the charge of v. 47, that all Israel should eat of the lamb, imply in the antitype? What is implied in the antitype by the fact that the circumcised stranger had the same paschal privileges as those born in the land? How are we to understand the sameness of the privileges? While the difference was not in these, in whom were the differences toward them? Why? What does the type do as to this difference? To what does not v. 50 refer? To what does it refer? To what does its antitype not refer? To what does it refer? What other verse gives the same thought as v. 51? What do they state? Having explained the antitype already, what do we not need to do with v. 51?
(65) What do we now begin to study? What have we already done with many things in Ex. 13? How shall we proceed? What does the word sanctify mean? What is typed by God's charging Moses to sanctify the firstborn? How in the type did the firstborn become God's? In the antitype? How many of the firstborn were involved in the type? In the antitype? How did our Lord fulfill the antitype of Moses' sanctifying the firstborn? What three
works of His does this imply? How has He done this? Whose part in the three works is not shown in the type?
(66) What is typed by Moses' charging Israel to remember Nisan, or Abib, 15 as their deliverance day? What does remembering the antitypical deliverance imply? How in general and in particular did Israel remember their deliverance? How antitypical Israel? In what forms do we do the antitypical remembering? What deserves such remembrance in the type and the antitype? Why? What was one way for Israel to remember the typical deliverance? What was one way for antitypical Israel to do it? What does v. 4 by repetition do? What does this type? What are the earlier and later names for the first month? What do these words mean? What is their typical and antitypical fitness? What does the change of names for the first month not imply? Why not?
(67) Why is not an explanation of the antitype of v. 5 here given? In what particular does v. 5 differ from Ex. 3: 7? Why are five of Canaan's nations likely here mentioned? What does the charge to keep the Passover in Canaan type? Why are not the contents of vs. 6 and 7 here given, type and antitype? What is typed by omitting to mention the first day's convocation and by mentioning the seventh's? What is typed by the Israelite fathers' teaching their sons the significance of the Passover? What are suggested in v. 8?
(68) What is expressly stated in v. 9? How is this done as to the symbolic thought? What is implied by this fact as to the antitype? What follows from this proof as to the words, "This is My body … My blood"? What other thought of the annual Passover is proven by v. 9? How is this proven by v. 9? What follows from this proof? Why? What follows from this as to transubstantiation, consubstantiation and instrumentalization and as to the Truth view? What in v. 9 is common to vs. 3, 14 and 16? Why these repetitions as to type and antitype? Whose is the glory for our deliverance? What does v. 10 emphasize for the type and the antitype? What proves this emphasis to be made in the antitype?
(69) Of what do vs. 11-16 treat? How will we treat v. 11? After what likeness? How do the allusions of vs. 5 and 11 differ? What are the similarities and dissimilarities in vs. 2 and 12? What is there not between them? Why not? Why is the statement on males made in v. 12?
How does the antitype show why this is? How are Heb. 12: 23 and 2 Cor. 6: 18 to be harmonized as to the latter's use of the word daughters for crown-losers? What bearing has Rom. 8: 29 on this thought? Wherein do the distinctions exactly lie that prove that there is no contradiction here? How does the related figure of firstfruits in Jas. 1: 18 corroborate this distinction as to the firstborn?
(70) What was done with the firstborn of clean beasts? What was not done with a firstborn ass? Why not? If its life was to be spared what had to be done? What does a redeemed ass type? The substituted lamb? What happened to the crown of a crown-forfeiter? What antitypical facts are implied in this type? What does the redeemed ass type, and the substituted lamb offered in its stead? From what standpoint is this true? What happened, if the firstborn ass was not redeemed? What does this type? What is typed by the Israelite's being unwilling to redeem the firstborn ass? What does this transaction type? To sum up, what is typed by the unredeemed ass?
(71) What meaning was not, and what meaning was given to the word redeem in v. 13? If the sense of purchasing had been given it, how would the lamb of v. 13 have to be understood antitypically? Its substitution for the ass? The withholding of a substitutionary lamb? Why were these things not presented as the antitypical teachings of v. 13? How does the antitype of the firstborn Israelite prove this answer? What would be a proper summary of the Truth on this point?
(72) What answer was to be given the Israelite son asking for an explanation of the firstborn ordinance enacted in Canaan? How many parts did the answer have? What was the first part and its antitypical import? The second part and its import? What were the frontlets? What kind of an expression is the one on frontlets? What did it symbolize? How do the cited passages prove this? What does the expression mean in the type? What is typed by the sons' asking the import of the firstborn service in Canaan and its first answer? Its second answer?
(73) How many times is God's power exerted in Israel's deliverance, emphasized in Ex. 13? What does this show antitypically? What occasioned the death of the typical and antitypical firstborn of Egypt? What occasioned the ordinance for use in Canaan? What is the antitype?
(74) While interspersed with historical records, what is discussed in Ex. 12—3: 16? What is taken up unto a completion from v. 17 to Ex. 15: 21? What is brought to our attention in v. 17? What moved God to such a course? In what did the mercy consist? What did the forty years' wilderness experience effect in Israel? What is the antitype of these things? How does 1 Cor. 10: 13 show this? How is this manifest in present experiences? What character did the experience of our brethren have, especially from 69 to 1799? What more limited, though similar, experience do we now have? How has God been turning our journey? What does this effect in the character of our journey? How did Israel go up from Egypt? What do the Hebrew words chamushim and chameshim mean? How is the former related to the latter? What does this relation suggest as to the battle array of Israel? What does this type?
(75) Why did Moses take Joseph's bones along? In how many and in what typical senses is Joseph used? Which of these belong to the Gospel-Age picture? What do bones represent? What parallel type suggests this? What do Joseph's bones for the Gospel-Age antitypes represent? Wherein are these antitypes symbolized? What has already been done with some of these? Where will this be done with the rest of them? For whose learning will these be? What does Joseph's forecasting Israel's deliverance from Egypt type? What should we do with antitypical Joseph's bones? Why?
(76) How did God, generally speaking, go before Israel in their journeys? Particularly speaking? Who was His representative therein? What does this type? How did the Logos not appear to Israel? How did He appear to them? What is the antitype of these? In general, what is represented in the two pillars? In particular, by that of the cloud? By that of fire? How does Ps. 91: 5, 6, suggest this? How many symbolic days belong to antitypical Israel? Nights? What especially shines in these days? Nights? How are these things severally typed in vs. 21 and 22? How long, type and antitype, do these pillars accompany God's Israels? Until how long will they not cease? Wherein will details on these pillars be given?