Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
(2) the Interim and (3) the Gospel Harvest. As above, we will study the last. Briefly, under the type of the institution of Israel's tribal judges, it refers to God's setting in the Church its teachers: the Apostles and other star-members (rulers of thousands), their special helpers (rulers of hundreds), pilgrims and auxiliary pilgrims (rulers of fifties) and elders (rulers of tens), to build the Church up in every good word and work (1 Cor. 12: 28; Eph. 4: 11-15). These judges do not type exactly the same officials as are typed by the 70 elders of Num. 11; for in vs. 13-27 all of the servants of the Church are typed, whereas in Num. 11 only certain general servants of the Church are typed. With these preliminary remarks we are ready to take up the details of vs. 13-27. Jesus' zeal for God, the Truth and the brethren moved Him not to spare Himself, but diligently care for the interests of God's people continually (Moses sat to judge the people, v. 13), and that at first without special help of others. This is more easily seen in the first application (morrow), according to which while in the flesh for a while Jesus was the only servant of the Truth, i.e., until He called to assist Him the Twelve, who were called to assist Him before the 70. However, in the outstart of the Parousia a similar condition prevailed. Many thus partook of His exclusive ministry (the people stood by Moses) throughout the time of such exclusive ministry (from morning unto the evening). God in His wisdom and might observed this condition of His overworked Son (father-in-law saw all, v. 14). And reasoning thereover He brought to Jesus' attention the fact that such was too taxing on Him (What … doest … why sittest … alone … people stand … morning unto even?).
(22) Our Lord, by act, gave answer (Moses said, v. 15) that the people's many needs appealed to Him to relieve them in matters pertaining to God (people … enquire of God). Elaborating, our Lord's acts declared that the varied conditions of God's people brought many problems to His attention requiring
solution (a matter, they come unto me, v. 16), and that He solved these by the Spirit, Word and providence of God (I judge between one and another), and thus taught them (make them know), the doctrines (statutes) and precepts (laws) of God. The work being too much for our Lord, God showed (father-in-law said, v. 17) that such an exclusive ministry should not be continued (thing … not good), since it was too much for Him and for the people, who would have to wait too long to be served, if it were done by one alone (wear away, both thou, and this people, v. 18), since it was too burdensome and overtaxed His powers (too heavy … not able … alone). God's pertinent acts called upon Jesus to discern their import (hearken … voice, v. 19) as His advice (counsel), following which would bring Him God's cooperation (God shall be with thee). This counsel suggested that Jesus represent the needs of God's people before God as His chief mission (Godward … bring the causes unto God). His secondary mission was to teach them (teach them, v. 20) doctrines (ordinances, literally statutes) and precepts (laws) and thus clarify to them the matters of enlightenment, justification, sanctification and deliverance (the way … walk) and the service of the Truth that they should perform (work … do).
(23) In accomplishing this it would be necessary for Him to select from among God's people (provide … people, v. 21), men with the necessary talents (able men), who put God first in their lives (fear God), who are fully honest (men of truth), and who abhor self-seeking (hating covetousness). These He should set in the Church as star-members (rulers of thousands), their special helpers (rulers of hundreds), pilgrims and auxiliary pilgrims (rulers of fifties) and elders (rulers of tens). These should have the general work of teaching the Church always (judge the people at all seasons, v. 22); but subjects that are not clear to them they should refer to Jesus for clarification (great matter … unto thee), but matters already clear to
them they should without further ado expound as, needed (small matter they shall judge), which would distribute the matter to the convenience of Himself (easier for thyself), and enlist their cooperation (bear … thee). God in His wisdom and might assured Him that if He would do this (do this thing, v. 23), and if God in His wisdom, justice, love and power would sanction it (God command thee so), then He would be helped to execute His office (able to endure) and lead God's people prosperously to their inheritance (people … place in peace, literally, in prosperity). Accordingly, our Lord, heeding the thing advised (hearkened to the voice, v. 24), carried out this counsel (did … said), choosing talented men (able men, v. 25) as leaders among His people (heads over, literally, for the people): star-members (rulers, literally, princes or leaders of thousands), their special helpers (of hundreds), pilgrims and auxiliary pilgrims (of fifties) and elders (of tens). These took the oversight in ministering to God's people on all occasions (judged … all seasons, v. 26), but sought from Jesus the solution of matters not understood by them (hard causes … Moses), but taught the brethren offhand matters that they understood (small matter they judged). When God had so arranged the Lord Jesus dropped the subject (Moses let … depart) and God turned to other matters (went … own land).
(24) The events of Ex. 18 occurred before those of Ex. 19: 1, 2, which we gather from 18: 5 (came … encamped at the mount of God). The account of Ex. 19: 1, 2 seems to be introduced to fix the chronology of the arrival at Mt. Sinai, since these verses, especially v. 1, imply that this arrival occurred on the 15th of the third month, i.e., the first day of the third actual month, after leaving Egypt, which occurred the 15th of the first month, hence 60 days later (third month … same day, v. 1). This refutes the rabbis who claim that the Law was given on Pentecost, which was 51 days after the Exodus. This third month seems to represent the seventh one-thousand-year period, the
third one-thousand-year period from the fifth, during which the symbolic Exodus set in; for Pentecost occurred 4163 A. M., hence in the fifth millennium (third month … gone forth … Egypt). Hence it was in 1874 that God's people came to the Kingdom time (came … Sinai, peaked). They had finished two experiences (Rephidim, refreshment, v. 2), those connected with the ransom and the fight against sin, and had entered into the set of experiences that preceded their coming to the Kingdom (desert of Sinai) and had trying experiences apart from the world in the condition of isolation (pitched in the wilderness); and thence they underwent trying experiences while the Kingdom was forming beyond the veil, i.e., from 1874 to 1954—1956 (camped before the mount). The Christ class had all through the Age been ascending antitypical Sinai, i.e., by carrying out their consecration they had been ascending into the condition of their obtaining the Kingdom; and this, of course, has continued during the Parousia and Epiphany (Moses went up unto God, v. 3). All the time of such ascent, but more particularly during the Jewish Harvest and the Parousia and Epiphany, God has been charging them to speak to the Jewish brethren (say … Jacob) and the Gentile brethren (tell … Israel) of God's course toward Satan's spiritual and fleshly servants (did unto the Egyptians, v. 4), of His supporting them by His Word (bare you on eagles' wings) and by His providences severing them from evil unto His fellowship and service (brought you unto myself). In view of these great benefits (therefore, v. 5), He promised to make them His special treasure (peculiar treasure) above all other classes (above all people), since the universe is His (all the earth is mine). But He put conditions to this: (1) obedience to His Word (obey my voice), and (2) faithfulness to their covenant of sacrifice (keep my covenant). Elaborating on their becoming His peculiar treasure, God told them that they would become His royal Priesthood (unto me a kingdom of priests, v. 6) and a nation consecrated to
Him wholly (an holy nation). This offer of the high calling privileges Jesus was by God charged to give the brethren all through the Age, but particularly during the Harvests (words … speak … Israel). Jesus, accordingly, made this high calling clear to the leaders of God's people (called for the elders … laid … these words which the Lord commanded him, v. 7).
(25) That the leaders so instructed the Lord's people we know, not only from history and observation, but from the implication of the people's making the response as shown in v. 8. And all through the Age, particularly in the Harvests, the people of God agreed to keep the covenant of sacrifice (people … said all … spoken we will do, v. 8). Their response Jesus reported to the Father, not only initially at their consecration, but at all the renewals of their consecration (returned the words … Lord). Especially in the two Harvests amid their troubles (come … thick cloud, v. 9), as promised, God spoke to our Lord (speak with thee) in the understanding of the people (people may hear). This was done to help God's people always to believe Jesus (believe thee for ever). Thereupon Jesus declared to God the consecrations of the people (told the words … Lord). Throughout the rest of the fifth 1000-year day beginning at Pentecost (today, v. 10), and all the sixth 1000-year day (tomorrow) God charged Jesus to minister sanctification to the people (go … sanctify them). He also charged Jesus to require of God's people to cleanse their conduct from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit (wash their clothes). This would make them ready (be ready, v. 11) to face the experiences that would come in the beginning of the third 1000-year day (third day); for at that time, the Parousia and Epiphany, God would give His special attention to Kingdom matters (come down … upon Mount Sinai) in most manifest and public ways, e.g., by secular and religious signs in exposures of evils in church, state, capital, labor and society, and in connection with Israel, war, revolution, anarchy, harvest gatherings and siftings, trials and tests, manifestation
of truth and error as such, separation of the Little Flock, Great Company, etc. (sight of all the people).
(26) God also charged Jesus to make a distinction between the people as to their relations to the Kingdom. Thus He severed the classes from one another by the peculiar teachings, activities, gatherings and siftings, belonging to each one: the Little Flock distinct from the Great Company, the Great Company from the Youthful Worthies, the Youthful Worthies from the justified, the Justified from the Campers, and the Campers from those beyond the Camp (set bounds unto the people, v. 12). The charge was to each class to keep within the bounds set for it (take heed to yourselves), and thus not grasp for powers as to the Kingdom not belonging to it (go not up into the mount), nor contaminate anything pertaining to the Kingdom either by false doctrine or wrong practice (touch the border of it). Whoever would thus contaminate Kingdom matters would die from his standing in his class: Little Flock members so doing would drop out of it into the Great Company; any of these doing it would drop out of it into second-deathers; Youthful Worthies doing it would drop out of their class into the Justified, the justified doing it would drop out of their class into Campers; and Campers doing it would drop out of their class into heathen, e.g., Mr. C. Darwin was a Camper, but laying contaminating hands on the Kingdom by his advocacy of evolution, he ceased being a Camper and became a heathen (whosoever toucheth … put to death). God prohibited any ministry that would contaminate Kingdom matters (not an hand touch it, v. 13). I f any ministry should so do, its operator should be made the target of Scriptural teachings being hurled refutatively at him (surely be stoned) or be pierced by sharp Biblical principles (shot through). If this should be a government, a state, a sharp Scriptural teaching should be used to refute it, e.g., antitypical Herod's symbolic fornication with the Romanist Church refuted
by Elijah's Letter, John's rebuke, Zechariah's rebuke (beast), or if it should be one of the many antichrist or false prophet systems, especially the great antichrist, the man of sin, it should receive the same treatment (or man). Against one and all of these, Jehovah's decree is that it should perish as such. But when the seventh trumpet (the Millennial announcements) should sound long, i.e., during its Parousia and Epiphany aspects, there should be a general assembly of the peoples, nations, kindreds and families of the earth to the Kingdom (trumpet soundeth long … to the mount, Zeph. 3: 8).
(27) After our Lord had received such instruction from God, He gave His attention to the people (went down … people, v. 14) performing His Gospel-Age ministry, particularly His Harvests' ministry, in separating the classes each by itself (sanctified the people), which led to each class performing the cleansing pertinent to itself (washed their clothes). Throughout the Age our Lord charged the people (said unto the people, v. 15) to be prepared for the day of God, which has proved to be the third 1000-year day touched by the Gospel Age (ready against the third day), as He also exhorted their avoiding oneness with a nominal church (come not at your wives, literally, approach not a woman). During 1874-1954, 56, the morning of the third 1000-year day (third day in the morning, v. 16), there have been great controversies, e.g., the six sifting controversies among the consecrated, the Court class and the Campers (thunders), there have been flashes of Truth on secular and religious subjects (lightnings); there have been and will be great troubles, those preliminary to the Time of Trouble and those constituting its trouble: war, revolution and anarchy, with intermingling famines and pestilences, due to the Kingdom's presence (thick cloud upon the mount); and there have been great announcements of Truth sounding very loud on all hands and subjects as Christ's message to mankind (voice of the trumpet exceeding loud). This combination of things has been
greatly troubling and frightening all the people of Christendom. (people … trembled). By this combination of things our Lord brought (Moses brought, v. 17) the people of Christendom (people out of the camp) face to face with God as to the matters on hand (to meet with God) and they set themselves in a position directly under Kingdom operations (stood at the nether part of the mount).
(28) The Kingdom class beyond the veil was covered with the teachings of God's wrath, with forecasts during the Parousia and with explanations of its actualities during the Epiphany (Sinai was altogether on a smoke, v. 18), because Jehovah occupied Himself with it (descended upon it) by its destruction of Satan's empire through the great tribulation (in fire). The teachings on these events were such as arise out of the great tribulation (smoke … ascended … furnace, Matt. 13: 42). And the Kingdom shook society from top to bottom in the greatest exposures, testings and revolution of all times (the whole mount quaked [shook the symbolic earth, Heb. 12: 26-29] greatly). After the Truth on secular and religious subjects had as the last trump gone forth a long time with ever increasing momentum (voice of the trumpet sounded long … louder, v. 19), the Christ class beyond the veil communed orally with God over the situation. (Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice). God then gave particular attention to the Kingdom class (came … Sinai, v. 20), particularly to the Lord Jesus as the Head of that class (top of the mount). By His Spirit, Word and providences God called upon the part of the Christ class in the flesh to make their calling and election sure and thus to pass beyond the veil and then join Jesus their Head (called … top). This they accordingly did (Moses went up). But while the faithful brethren were so doing, the evil of speculation broke out among the brethren, which moved God to charge our Lord to give His special attention to it (said unto Moses, Go down, v. 21), charging Him to command all engaging therein to
stop it (charge the people), lest each class in their attempts to overstep the limits appointed 'to their studies (lest they break through) in matters pertinent to the Lord for each class (unto the Lord) become guilty of speculation (gaze; the Latin word speculare, from which our word speculate is derived, primarily means to gaze, brazenly to look at). Speculation occurs as each class attempts to peer into things not given by their teachers of a higher class or higher classes to that class to look into.
(29) E.g., those outside the Camp are not of themselves to seek to unravel things that belong to outside of the Camp, the Camp, Court, Holy or Most Holy, but are to study such things as to these stages as are given them by the Divinely appointed teachers for these stages respectively; those in the Camp are not of themselves to seek to unravel the things outside the Camp, in the Camp, in the Court, in the Holy or in the Most Holy, but are to study such things as to these stages as are given to them by the Divinely appointed teachers for these stages respectively; those in the Court are not of themselves to seek to unravel the things of outside the Camp, the Camp, Court, Holy or Most Holy, but are to study such things as to outside the Camp, the Camp, Court, Holy and Most Holy as are given them by the Divinely appointed teachers for these stages respectively; those in the Holy are not of themselves to seek to unravel the things of outside the Camp, the Camp, Court, Holy and Most Holy, but are to study such things as to outside the Camp, the Camp, Curt, Holy and Most Holy as are given them by the Divinely appointed teachers for these stages respectively; and those in the Most Holy are not to seek of themselves to unravel the things of outside the Camp, Camp, Court, Holy and Most Holy, but are to study such things as to outside the Camp, Camp, Court, Holy and Most Holy as are given them by God, the Divinely ordained Teacher as to outside the Camp, Camp, Court; Holy and Most Holy. The way these matters have been carried out in practice
during the Parousia and Epiphany is this: God gives Jesus the understanding of the truths respecting these stages as due. Jesus has been giving that understanding as due to the Parousia and Epiphany messengers as they have studied the pertinent matters; and these have given them to the Priesthood, from whom they went out to the Levites, who in turn with the Priests have given it to the Campers, and who in turn with the Priests and Levites have given it to outside the Campers, for it will be noted that speculation, according to vs. 21-25, is especially prohibited during the Parousia and Epiphany.
(30) The prohibition to speculate has not been given to God's Parousia and Epiphany people to take away their rights and liberty, nor to make the Laodicean Messenger lords over God's heritage; but it is given for a benevolent reason: to save the individuals of the various involved classes from losing their standing in their respective classes, i.e., to prevent Little Flock brethren by speculating from falling into the Great Company, the Great Company by speculating from falling into the second death class, the Youthful Worthies by speculating from falling into the tentatively justified class, the tentatively justified by speculating from falling into the Camp class, the Campers by speculating from falling into the class outside the Camp; and the outside the Campers from falling into inventors of heathen religions, e.g., Rosenberg, the Nazi religious leader, inventing a reformed form of old German heathen religion, and others of them sinking into deeper heathenism (many of them perish). While "many" in the Parousia by speculation lost their class standings, even more of them by speculation lost their class standings in the Epiphany, as can be seen in the six siftings, especially in the sixth (Deut. 32: 30; Ps. 91: 7). And the end is not yet. Those especially in great danger to speculate during the Laodicean stage of the Church are the Priests, whose privilege it is to draw near to the Lord at the antitypical golden Candlestick, Table of
shewbread, Altar of incense and second veil, as they progress in Divine things. Therefore these have especially been exhorted by our Lord speaking especially through the Parousia and Epiphany messengers to sever themselves from the pernicious habit of speculating and devote themselves to gaining the advancing truths as these are clarified for them by these two messengers (priests … Lord, sanctify themselves, v. 22). Those who heeded this caution have been kept from falling through speculation, but those who failed so to do, the sifters and many siftlings of the Parousia and Epiphany periods, have experienced the Lord's making a breach between them and the Little Flock, i.e., experienced their casting out from the Little Flock into the Great Company, from which continuing to speculate they were dropped into the second death class. Such in not a few cases became the six slaughter-weapon men, the harvest sifters (the Lord break forth upon them).
(31) Knowing that those of the lower classes cannot see the things peculiar to the higher classes, our Lord answered Jehovah (Moses … Lord, v. 23) to that effect, especially that they could not perceive spiritual things of the reigning Kingdom (1 Cor. 2: 14; people cannot come … Sinai), even as God had arranged (chargedst us) that each class be limited in its insights into the things of God peculiar to its own class, especially excluding them from seeing the things of the reigning Kingdom (Set bounds about the mount), which separated it from their eyes of understanding (sanctify it). God, knowing that the attempts to "gaze," speculate, while yielding no truths to its indulgers, would abound in producing error, emphasized to our Lord the matter of giving His attention to dissuading the people of all classes from speculating (Away, get thee down, v. 24). Then Jehovah showed who during the Parousia and Epiphany might, by personal and direct Bible study, dig out of the Bible the truths about to become meat in due season; for be it noted that, as St. Paul shows
(Heb. 12: 18-21, 22-29), the scene of Ex. 19: 3-25 applies to the Parousia and Epiphany, the trouble time of this scene being Epiphaniac. This scene is not merely Parousiac; it is also Epiphaniac, as the facts of experience, as well as the Scriptures cited in the previous sentence, corroborate. By Moses our Lord is here typed; and by Aaron, for the Parousia its messenger is meant, and for the Epiphany its messenger is meant (thou, and Aaron).
(32) These two can do and have done such study without its being speculation, because they therein work with and under Jesus as His eye, mouth and hand (with thee). If, however, they should attempt to open an undue Scripture, they, too, would make mistakes therein and produce error, as both of them in minor details have done. The privileges of these two none others were to have; for if any of the other Priests or those of lower orders among the Lord's people should attempt to break over this barrier prohibiting for the Parousia and Epiphany personal and direct Bible study (let not the priests and the people break through to come … Lord), they would be in danger of experiencing their being cut off from their respective classes (lest he break forth upon them). Accordingly, Jesus gave His attention to this subject (Moses went down, v. 25) and warned, especially by the Parousia Messenger during the Parousia, and by the Epiphany messenger during the Epiphany, against this dangerous practice, other brethren joining with them in sounding out the warning (spake unto them). Some heeded the warning and thus were saved from the evils of speculation. Others, heady, refused to heed the warning, and thereby forfeited their several standings before the Lord, dropping into lower classes thereby, while others, fully wilful, lost all standing before the Lord, e.g., the six sifting classes and the fully wilful siftlings. Therefore we earnestly caution all of the Lord's people of all their classes to refrain from speculation, lest God make a breach—a separation from their class standing—upon them!
(1) What is the twofold application of Israel's Red Sea experience? From the standpoint of the reckoned deliverance, what is typed by Moses' bringing Israel onward from the Red Sea? What does the involved march to Sinai type? How typed? With what immediately after Pentecost did the Church come in contact? How typed? In principle when else did the same thing occur? How typed? What lack and experience prevailed in the early part of the seventh one-thousand-year day? How typed? What teachings brought this about? How typed?
(2) What did these bitter doctrines and experiences occasion? What did the people do to our Lord? How? How typed? What was their claim, and what did they ask? How typed? What did Jesus then do? Why? How typed? What did God answer? How typed? What did Jesus then do? Through whom? How typed? With what effect? How typed and proved? In this connection what two things did Jesus do first? In what experience is typed the side of these testings as to the sifting leaders? How typed? What third thing did He do? What proves it? How typed? During those conditions what did Jesus promise? Through whom? On what five conditions? How is all this typed? Why could He promise this? How typed? What second application is also true?
(3) What was antitypical Israel's next journey experience? How typed and proved? In whose sight are, and in whose sight are not the leaders great ones? Who were the chief of these leaders? By what typed? Who were the next chief of these leaders? By what typed? What did the twelve symbolic wells do to God's people? The seventy palm trees? Especially during what periods? How are these acts typed?
(4) What is the next set of experiences of the Church's journey to the Kingdom and the New Covenant? With what was it connected? Where is this typed? By what is the transition from the proceeding to this experience typed? What does the wilderness of Sin type? What do facts prove as to this? How typed? What does the meaning of the word Sinai antitypically suggest? What is typed by Israel's coming to the wilderness of Sin exactly a month after the Exodus? What did they have after leaving the world before the pertinent Truth was due? In these controversies what did the Lord's people do to Jesus and His mouthpieces? How typed? Where? How typed?
What was their wish? How typed? Of what did they accuse Jesus and His mouthpieces? How typed?
(5) What assurance did God give Jesus? How typed? To obtain it what were God's people to do? How typed? What would such a course provide God? How typed? What do the seven days here type? What were the brethren to do during each of the first six days? With whose help? How typed? During what period were they to gather enough for two periods? How typed? Why was this? How would the new Laodicea Truth not come, and how would it come? What exceptions would then occur? What in this connection is typed by the gathering? When especially is direct Bible study prohibited the Lord's people? With what exceptions? How proven? What condition prevailed before? How did it come that some stumbled over this Laodicea arrangement? As what? Where will more on this head come out?
(6) What did Jesus and His mouthpieces tell the Lord's people amid their murmuring? How typed? As what would this serve? How typed? What would He nevertheless do? How typed? What would it enable them to see? How typed? Why would these two things be done? How typed? For what was there no valid reason? How typed? By what would their murmuring against God become manifested as such? Why was the murmuring actually against God and not against Jesus and His mouthpieces? How typed? What did Jesus charge at each time of murmuring? How typed? Why? How typed? During such telling and the people's attention thereto what occurred? How typed? What does Jehovah then do? How typed?
(7) What, accordingly, came in each epoch? How typed? How, in what and where did it come? Where have details thereon been given, making repetition here needless? True to His Word, what did the Lord additionally give? Where? How typed? How did such Truth come? How typed? What did the Lord's people do at the coming of each new truth? How typed? What is the literal marginal translation of the Hebrew words, man hu? Why is it preferable to the A. V. text? What answer did Jesus give? How typed? What popular Hebrew word became the name for this food? How do we harmonize the statement that manna types the Truth with Jesus' statement that it types Him? As we partake of it what do we do? How proven? What did God command as the Truth became due?
How typed? According to what two things? How typed? How? How typed? Where? How typed? What was accordingly done? How typed? In what way? How typed? How measured did each gather and eat? How typed? With what result? How typed?
(8) What was forbidden and commanded each assembly or individual? Why? How typed? What did some refuse to do in this matter? How typed? With what threefold result? How typed? When did this occur? What did the Lord's people do? When? How typed? According to what? How typed? How long did the new heavenly manna come? Until when did it last? Why? How typed and proved? During what period were specially large amounts of Truth due? How typed? In what can this be seen? What did the leaders and the led then do? How typed? What did the leaders then do? In what three kinds? How typed?
(9) Who answered them according to God's clarified Word? How typed? What two things did He say? How typed? What two things were the leaders to prepare in writings? How typed? For what times would they be of value? By what means was their future use guaranteed? How typed? In harmony with this what were some of the Philadelphia works used by our Pastor and the Editor? What is the latter doing along this line for Millennial uses? Where charged? What, accordingly, did Philadelphia leaders and led do? How typed? How was this enjoined? How typed? What two things will the pertinent writings not do? How typed in each case?
(10) What does Jesus charge for the Laodicea and Millennial times? How typed? Why? Why this reason? How typed? What pertinent thing does He declare? How typed? What different result was reached in the previous six periods? Even when? Especially when? How typed? What does the Lord say on this for the seventh period? Where and how? How is this typed? Of what may we be sure? Why did He make the prohibition? What proves it? What results from our proper response to this?
(11) Despite these warnings what have some done? When? Who especially? How typed? Despite contrary claims, what did they not find? Why not? How typed? In view of this evil course what did God charge Jesus to do? How typed? How were the expostulations made? When especially? By whom? Why made? How typed?
When did He provide enough for "the Sabbath"? How typed? Hence what does He require? How typed?
(12) What do God's people attribute to the Truth? As what? How typed and proved? What other qualities has the Truth, first, as aromatic, second, as saving? How typed? What third quality has it? How typed? What four of its qualities is implied in this third one? What qualities has it to the responsive? How typed? With what does it fill the responsive heart? Of what are these the constituents? What at God's command has Jesus a second time charged? How typed? With what results? Why? How typed? What additional charge did Jesus give His mouthpieces? How typed? How were they to keep this teaching? How typed? For what purpose? How typed? What was done with this charge? How typed? For what has the Truth served and will serve? Until when? How typed? In what condition is their capacity for the Truth? Why? How typed?
(13) What do we see from our present study? Briefly give these experiences in the aspects already studied. What is the antitype of Ex. 17: 1-7? Ex. 17: 8-16? Where else are other of their Gospel-Age journeys typed? What is the antitype of the various features of Ex. 17: 1? To what were they introductory? What comes before refreshment? When experienced? How typed? Especially for what? Through what errors? By whom especially?
(14) What did such do? How typed? What arose amid such controversies? When? How typed? Amid them what did Jesus do through His mouthpieces? How typed? What did the evil-doers do? Amid what? How typed? Of what did they by oppositional attitude, acts and teachings accuse Him? What did they demand of Him in His mouthpieces? How typed? What did Jesus and His mouthpieces thereupon do? How typed? What did God first charge? How typed? Secondly? How typed? How had this official power been already used? How typed?
(15) What did God promise? How typed and proved? Even under what circumstances? How typed? What did God then charge Him in His mouthpieces to do? How typed? With what results? How typed? How did our Lord respond? How typed? What facts prove this? What was by these experiences done to God's people? How typed? From what do we know this? In what were God's people involved through this experience? How typed? What thing and how did the controversialists do therein? Unto
what results? How are these things typed? What does the Cross still remain? According to what examples?
(16) What other experience happened to God's people according to v. 8? How typed? After what? How typed? Whom did Jesus therein charge? As what? As to what? How typed? What were they to do with these? How typed? What did He promise them for the time of battle? How typed in the details? What did the star-members do? How typed? Who betook themselves to the pinnacle of the embryo kingdom? How typed? Under what conditions did God's people prevail? Yield sin the victory? How typed in each case?
(17) How does not, and how does our Lord's power act? What did it thus require? What occurred otherwise? How apparently? How typed? Who supportingly cooperated with Him for victory? In what two ways did they give Him supporting cooperation? How typed? How long? How typed? What was the result? How typed? What pertinent charge did God give Jesus as to the star-members? How, typed? What did Jesus accordingly do? How typed? What pertinent declaration did He make? How typed? Accordingly, what will sometime come to pass? How proved? What will accomplish it? How? What should we say to this?
(18) What are typed in Ex. 18? In continuance of what? What are typed in Ex. 3: 4? What similarity is there between the antitypes of Ex. 3: 4 and 18? What do the types of Ex. 18 picture forth? Whom does Jethro type? In what particulars? What does Moses type? What books generally use him as such a type? To what in Ex. 18 did God give special attention? How typed? What remark is here made before proceeding further with our study? What will be pointed out in this study?
(19) What did Jesus do to the Church and the two classes of the justified between 1846 and 1874? How typed? What led them back to Babylon after 1846? How typed? How were these brought back to Jesus? How typed? Into what condition? How typed? In the near presence of what? How typed? What class did Jesus first develop after His glorification and of what did it remind Him? How are these things typed? Of what were the less faithful a reminder to Him? How typed? By what did God make known to Jesus that He was fellowshipping Him? How typed? What did He thereby bring to Jesus?
How typed? With whom did the second and third classes come? How typed?
(20) What did our Lord do as to God's message and pertinent activities? How typed? How did He do it? How typed? What did They express? How typed? Where did They take Their position? How typed? Of what did Jesus speak? How typed? In whose interests were these things done? How typed? Of what else did He speak? How typed? What did He stress? How typed? What response did God make to Jesus' story? In what respects? How typed? Why? How typed? What did God then cause? How typed? Why? How typed? As against whom? How typed? By what did He show His superiority to all other spirit beings? How typed? As to whom did He demonstrate it? How typed? In accomplishing these things what did God first stress? How typed? Secondly? How typed? In what relation? How typed? In what did the Church and its leaders partake? How typed? In what matters? How typed? How do the antitypes of vs. 1-12 impress us?
(21) What do vs. 1-12 give? Who were privileged to share in a small way therein? What is set forth in vs. 13-27? Like the preceding one, how many applications did it have? What are they? Which of these will be here studied? In brief, what does it set forth? Under what type? What are the four kinds of teachers here typed? By what four types are they set forth? For what purpose are they given the Church? Explain the cited passages in proof. With whom are these teachers not exactly the same? What is the difference? What did Jesus' zeal prompt Him to do? How typed? Without what at first? Wherein is this most easily seen? Why? Until when? When did a similar situation prevail? What did many thus do? How typed? How long? How typed? Who noted this? In what respect? How typed? What did He do as He reasoned thereover? How typed?
(22) How did Jesus give answer? How typed? What was His answer? How typed? What in elaboration did He say? How typed? What did He say that He did with these problems? How? What two things did He teach them? How typed in each case? Who answered Him? How typed? What did He show? For what two reasons? How typed? Why did it require the work of many? How typed? What did God's pertinent acts ask Jesus to do? How typed? As to what? How typed? What would following it bring? How typed? What did this counsel suggest
as Jesus' chief mission? How typed? Secondary mission? How typed? What two things would it do to the people? How typed in each case? Thereby what would He clarify? How typed? What other thing would He thereby clarify? How typed?
(23) In accomplishing this what would He need to do? How typed? What four qualifications should the selectees have? How typed in each case? In what four kinds should He set them in the Church? How is each kind typed? What were to be their duties? How typed? What were they to do with subjects not clear to them? How typed? With subjects clear to them? How typed? What would be the first advantage of this course? How typed? The second? How typed? What did God assure Him? Acting in what respect? How typed? On condition of whose sanction? Acting in what respect? How typed? What would first result? How typed? Secondly? How typed? What did Jesus first do with this advice? How typed? Secondly? How typed? What kind of men did He choose? How typed? As what? How typed? In what four kinds? How typed in each case? What did these take? How typed? What did they seek from Jesus? How typed? What did they teach without referring them to Jesus? How typed? What did Jesus do when God had so arranged matters? How typed? What did God then do? How typed?
(24) What is the time relation of the events of Ex. 18 and 19: 1, 2? How proved? Why are vs. 1, 2 introduced? How proved? When, accordingly, did the arrival at Mt. Sinai occur? How proved? What opinion does this refute? How proved? What does this third month type? How proved? When, accordingly, did God's people come to the Kingdom time? How typed? What two experiences had they before finished? How typed? Into what experience did they then enter? How typed? What quality did this experience have? In what condition? How typed? What kind of experiences did they then have? While what was forming? How are these things typed? What has the Christ class been doing throughout the Age? How? When also has this continued? How are these things typed? During such ascent, particularly when during it, did God give a charge to them? What were its two parts? How typed? First as to what? How typed? Secondly as to what? How typed? What two things thereafter did He say that He had done to them? How typed? In view of these benefits, what did He promise them? How typed?
To what a height? How typed? Why did He so decide? How typed? What was the first condition that He put to this offer? How typed? The second? How typed? Elaboratingly what did He first tell them? How typed? Secondly? How typed? What was Jesus to offer age-long, according to God's charge? Particularly when? How typed? To whom in particular did He make the high calling offer clear? How typed?
(25) By what three things do we know that the leaders so instructed the people? How proved? All through the Age, particularly during the Harvests; what response did God's people make? How typed? What did Jesus do with their response? At what two occasions? How typed? Especially when and amid what conditions did God as promised speak to Jesus? How are these things typed? In whose understanding? How typed? Why was this done? How typed? What did Jesus then do? How typed? In what two periods did God charge Jesus to minister sanctification to the people? How are these things typed? What did He also charge Jesus? How typed? For what would this prepare them? How typed? What was to come to them in the beginning of the third 1,000-year day? How typed? What would God do during the Parousia and Epiphany? How typed? In what kind of ways? What are some of these? How are these things typed?
(26) What did God charge Jesus to do? In relation to what? What was the charge for each class? How typed? What was each class to do? How typed? From what first would this keep them? How typed? Secondly? How typed? What would happen to those disregarding these two things? What does this imply to each involved class? How typed? What did God prohibit? How typed? What thing would happen to any contaminating ministry in its doer? How typed? What would happen to a contaminating state? What example illustrates this? How typed? A contaminating antichrist or false prophet system? How typed? What is Jehovah's decree as to one and all of these? What was to occur when the seventh trumpet should sound long? What periods were thus included? How are these things typed?
(27) Thereafter what did our Lord do? How typed? What ministry did He then perform? Particularly when? How typed? What did this lead each class to do? How typed? Throughout the Age what charge did our Lord give? How typed? What did the day of God prove to be?
How typed? What oneness did He exhort them to avoid? How typed? What period was the morning of the third 1000-year day? How typed? What was the first thing typed? How typed? The second? How typed? The third thing? Why these? How typed? The fourth thing? How typed? What effect do these things have on the people? How typed? What did our Lord do by this combination of things? How typed? As to what? How typed? In what position did they set themselves? How typed?
(28) With what was the Kingdom class beyond the veil covered? With what differences during the Parousia and Epiphany? How typed? Why was this? How typed? By what? How typed? What kind of teachings covered such events? How typed? What does the Kingdom do to society? How typed? What has secular and religious truth been doing increasingly for a long time? As what? How typed? Thereafter what did the Christ class beyond the veil do? How typed? What did God then do? How typed? Particularly to whom? Why? How typed? What three things did God call upon The Christ in the flesh to do? How typed? What did it accordingly do? How typed? While the faithful were so occupied what evil set in? How typed? What did this move God to do? How typed? What charge did He give Him? How typed? Why the charge? How typed? In what things could the overstepping occur? How typed? Of what would it make them guilty? How typed? How does the word speculate fittingly apply? How does speculation in each class occur?
(29) What are those outside the Camp not of themselves to seek to unravel? When are they to study such things? Those in the Camp? When are they to study such things? Those in the Court? When are they to study such things? Those in the Holy? When are they to study such things? Those in the Most Holy? When are they to study such things? How have these matters been carried on during the Parousia and Epiphany? What should be noted as to the time of the prohibition of speculation? According to what Scripture?
(30) For what two reasons has not this prohibition to God's Parousia and Epiphany people been given? For what kind of a reason was it given? What is the reason? What was this to prevent overtaking Little Flock members? Great Company members? Youthful Worthy members? Tentatively justified ones? Campers? Outside the Campers? How is the danger to such typed? What
occurred in this matter during the Parousia? How does the Epiphany in this matter compare with the Parousia? How can this be seen? How proved? What has not yet come? Who have been especially in danger to speculate? In connection with what activity? Accordingly, what does the Lord do to these especially? Through whom? What two pertinent exhortations does He give them? How typed? What has been the result for those heeding these exhortations? For those not heeding them? Who have these been? What was their first fall? In not a few cases what was their second fall? What did they later in many cases become? How is this typed?
(31) What does our Lord know of the lower classes from this standpoint? What answer did this knowledge move Him to give to God on His giving His attention to this subject? How typed? How proved of the natural man as to spiritual things? How typed? Who gave a pertinent charge? How typed? What was the charge? How typed? What did these limits accomplish? How typed? What was God's knowledge as to the products of gazing, speculating? What did this move Him to emphasize to our Lord? How typed? What did Jehovah then show? What proves that Ex. 19: 325 applies exclusively to the Parousia and Epiphany? What feature of this time is Epiphaniac? What two points prove that the scene is both Parousiac and Epiphaniac? In v. 24 whom does Moses type? Aaron?
(32) What can these two messengers do and have done without its being speculation, gazing? Why is this true? How typed? What would happen if they would attempt to open undue Scriptures? What have they in minor details done? What were none others to have? Why not? What would it be, if others would attempt to violate the pertinent prohibition? How typed? What would happen to them? How typed? What did Jesus accordingly do? How typed? Through whom especially did He give the warning not to "gaze" in the Parousia? In the Epiphany? Through whom else? How typed? What do some do to the warning? With what result? What do others do to the warning? With what result? What do still others do to the warning? With what result? What are some examples of this last class? What warning is therefore, here given? To prevent what?