Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
The second? The third? The fourth? The fifth? The sixth? The seventh? What do these seven reasons prove? What does the expression mean? Why is this true? How do the cited passages prove this view? What eighth fact proves that the Six Volumes do not give all the light of the Bible? What other fact proves that our Pastor did not give all its light?
(45) How many counts does the letter allege as a proof that the author "teaches contrary to our Pastor"? Even to what degree? What proverb is illustrated by this alleged count? What two paragraphs are said to contain this count?
(46) How does the first of these two paragraphs read?
(47) How does the second read?
(48) Which of the two quoted paragraphs does the letter's writer think the author contradicts? How does the author apply the words, "Your old men shall dream dreams; and your young men shall see visions"? What warrants the application of the passage to the Millennium? What in truth may be said of our Pastor's explanation of these words? Why? What does he not explain as to the young men and the old men? His application of the passage to the Millennium may favor what interpretation? What second thought may he have meant? What third thought may he have meant? What may be said of any or all of these three thoughts? Why is his explanation no proper basis for the letter's charge? Why did our Pastor not have the full light on the subject? Though teaching that the Youthful Worthies would be the Ancient Worthies' Millennial associates, what did he never offer in proof of his thought? How did he come to the thought? Where only has he treated of the Youthful Worthies thus? What is not cited in these five passages? Why this absence of proof from Bible passages? What has occurred in the Epiphany as to such passages? Of what is our Pastor's comment on the pertinent words a fine illustration? How is our pertinent course not to be understood? Why was it not to his disparagement? What weightier examples prove this? What was the character of our Pastor's interpretations of things due?
(49) What is to be marked? How is this answer proven true? What was given our Pastor as the basis of
his explanation of the pertinent clauses of Joel 2: 28? What did he do with the mistranslation? Why? How do Bible translations treat this matter? How many of them were by the author consulted on this verse? How many of them change the wording, but not the thought? What three things prove the translation under study to be wrong? What conclusion follows this? What is positive proof that this passage was not due to be understood in our Pastor's day? On the other hand, what may be said in his defense? Of what may we be sure as to this passage, if he were living now in the Epiphany? Why is this to be believed?
(50) What should be here repeated? Why? What else do we not contradict? What is the actual condition as between the Pastor and the author on this matter? What six things warrant the quotation of the proverb on mountains travailing and bearing an insignificant mouse? What should the author receive, if this little thing is all that can be charged against him in defense of the solemnly grandiose accusation of the letter under review? Why do self-styled defenders, like the letter's writer, harm the Truth? What will be passed by without further than a brief comment? What is it? What in the letter will not be accepted? What will the author's course continue to be? How? Why? Despite what? With the refutation of the letter and with the proof that its writer repudiates our Pastor's thought on the advancing light, what two things naturally come to mind?
(51) What question is raised on the nature of the advancing light by The Dawn? What answer does it give? In disharmony with what is its answer? How long did our Pastor hold his pertinent thought? Where is it elaborated? What is the lesser truth on the advancing light? The greater truth thereon? Which is the one specially emphasized in Prov. 4: 18? What did he do with it? How long? What fact corroborates this answer? What would have lent more corroboration thereon, had he lived to write it? Why is this so? How does Dawn give its thought as the truth in relation to the larger truth? What two conclusions result therefrom? What Scripture is fulfilled in this state of things? How many things do the pertinent facts prove? What is the first
and especial one of these? What facts prove this? The second? The third? To evade what two things did Dawn come to champion this error? Why does it attempt to evade the second of these two things? What does a combination of the Parousia and Epiphany Truth prove of Dawn on this point, in the first place? In the second place? How do the cited passages prove the second thought? What will the Lord do shortly with Dawn's strictures against the writer for "seeing himself in the Scriptures"?
(52) What question did the author ask our Pastor at Bethel in 1916? What was his answer? What impression did his manner of answering give? What did he fail to give thereon? What has been done on this matter since the Levitical manifestations began? What conclusion should be drawn as to the involved 40 days from the frequent typical use of 40-day periods as typing the Parousia? If asking the question now, with what would the author not connect the following 10 days? Why not? If asking the question on the 10 days in 1921, how would the author have framed it?
(53) Where is the type of the firstfruits connected with the Passover and Pentecost recorded? What is typed by the first ripe sheaf and its presentation before Jehovah on Nisan 16? How do the cited passages prove this? To what does the expression firstfruits always refer? And never to what? How do the cited passages prove this? What is typed by the high priest's presenting and waving the first ripe sheaf before the Lord, Nisan 16? To what condition can the presentation and waving of the two wave loaves not refer? Why not? To what condition do they refer? Why so?
(54) How did our Pastor explain the antitype of the two loaves? How does the citation prove this? To what are the terms, Little Flock and Great Company, equivalent? How does the cited passage prove this? How do these two loaves type these two classes? What is the parallel type of the presentation of the loaf typing the Little Flock? How do the cited passages show this? What two things are brought out in the presentation of Aaron's sons in the consecration service? How is the Great Company involved in that picture? How not? On
the contrary, in the finished picture where and in what is the Great Company's presentation as such typed? What is typed by the second loaf in the finished picture? To what time did it belong in 1921? What will such a presentation of them be? Until when must the activity of the second loaf's antitypical waving wait? In whose service, negatively and positively? What proved that their waving was future to 1921?
(55) Of what is our Lord's initial presentation of the entire Church the antitype? What is typed by our Lord's 40 days' pre-ascension teaching of the disciples on the Kingdom? By His delay of 10 days after the ascension before presenting the Church to God? By His presenting the Church on Pentecost to God? Of what will the presentation of the Great Company be the finished picture? What does this seem to imply? What seems to be implied by the complete presentation of the Truth Levites? What should [in 1921], therefore, be expected to set in before the fall of 1924? In view of what? By what is this typed? How does the cited passage prove this? What does Jesus give the Epiphany-enlightened priests to recognize in the meantime? How do the works with Azazel's Goat and with the Levites compare and contrast with one another as to sphere of activity? As to leading the Goat to the Gate and the fit man and the first three pre-consecration works on the Levites? As to Lev. 16: 20-22 and Num. 8: 7-21 in general? What things in the former are not mentioned in the latter? What is the chief difference between the two passages?
(56) In 1922 by when was the presentation of the Epiphany Levites expected to have begun? Whom was it not expected to include? Why not? What was not to occur until after 1924? What also was not then expected to have occurred by that time? What was then more harmonious with the manner of the fulfillment of other time types? How is this manner of fulfillment indicated as to the time feature of Lev. 23: 11, 15-17? As to the ends of the 1290 and 1335 days? As to the 2520 years' parallel? What seems to be the pertinent Scriptural rule when many individuals of a class are involved? What would this imply as to the date Oct. 1924, and the Great Company wave loaf? What other thing corroborates
this? What was in 1922, accordingly, to have been expected? When would certainty come?
(57) What did the questioner seem to have in mind? What were the antitypical 50 days? What was the period of the antitypical 50th day? How long had we been in the antitypical 50th day when the question was answered? How long had the forecast been fulfilling when the answer was given? What peculiarity has been working in the various Levite movements as to their time relation to one another? How does the citation prove this? With what date did a series of annual parallels in Levitical movements set in on the presentation of good Levites? Against what do good non-Epiphany Levites not revolutionize? Of whom is that kind of revolutionism characteristic? What should not be expected of good Epiphany Levites? Against what may they be expected to revolutionize? What has since sometime during the antitypical 50th day been occurring among good Levites? How long to the day after similar acts characterized the bad leaders of Levite groups. What in this connection was not expected by Oct. 1924? What was suggested as a probability for the period, Oct. 1924, to Oct. 1925? What was suggested as a probability as to pertinent manifestations after the end of the small eighth wonderful day? What has marked the cases already manifested? With what would that be in line? As they would do this, what would Jesus be expected to do? What would this imply as to the Little Flock? In antitype of what?
(58) What did Jesse Hemery do in 1906 that was that year published in the Tower? What was his thought on the flood year? What do facts indicate as to his view? What do they prove as to his view? How many antitypes do the Scriptures give on Noah's flood experiences? What is the first of these? The second of these? Where did our Pastor give details on the first of these? What will be here done with the second of these?
(59) What, according to our Pastor, did the Ark type? In what is this antitype summarized? When was this covenant made? How long before Jan. 1 A.D.? What would be in harmony with our Pastor's definition? Why so? What is the relation between these two lines of thought? How are these two sets of antitypes to be
harmonized? How many human pairs went into the Ark? At least how many pairs of clean and unclean animals? How many and what are the elect classes? What are typed by the four human pairs? What are typed by the animals that entered the Ark? What do the clean animals represent? What do the unclean animals type? What are the lines of thought typed by those who perished in the flood? What is typed by the clean and unclean animals' occupying different parts of the Ark from the four human pairs? Why were these sets of animals put into the Ark typically? How does the Ark type the Abrahamic Covenant in their missions? What will these general remarks help us to do?
(60) Who were the first to enter the antitypical Ark? How is this related to the pre-Abrahamic Covenant Ancient Worthies? When was the antitypical Ark first entered by the Ancient Worthies? In the persons of whom? What class of the elect was the last to enter the antitypical Ark? When? As a result of what? Between what times did the elect classes actually enter the Ark? How and when did the rest enter it? What, accordingly, is the antitypical Flood year? On what principle? How will this become all the more apparent? What is the difference between an ordinary and a leap lunar year? Which of these two kinds of years was the Flood lunar year? How should we, therefore, consider the actual Flood year, type and antitype? How long was the antitypical Flood year? How long would a day of such a year be? On the basis of this, how long are the periods marked typically by the chronological periods of the typical Flood year?
(61) What is indicated by the dates of the two sets of Flood years in the tables given at the end of the preceding paragraph? What must be remembered as to the dates given in the table? How long before its end did each antitypical day begin? Accordingly, when are the antitypical events of the antitypical days to be expected to have occurred? Why is the total of these years not exactly 3925.50 years? What is typed by the fact that the end of each mentioned day brought some relief and gave promise of greater relief? What will now be taken up?
(62) How long did the first period of the Flood last?
What did it bring? How long did the antitypical 40 days last? With April, 2045 B.C., as the starting point, when did these antitypical 40 days end? When did the 40th begin? What notable event occurred during the last of these antitypical 40 days? During the antitypical 40 days what happened to all outside of the Ark? To those inside the Ark? What did the faithful in Israel receive by entering the Law Covenant? Despite what? How is this symbolized in the Pyramid? Accordingly, what happened during the 40th symbolic day? With what are we familiar?
(63) How many days did the first five lunar months of the typical Flood year last? How long after the 40th day did they last? How many years did these 107 days type? To what date from July, 1615 onward did these years lead? When did the 107th antitypical day begin? Whereon at the end of the fifth month did the Ark rest? What antitypical event occurred between 475 and 464 B.C.? How had the Persian Empire previously favored Israel? How did that compare with its helps to Israel through Ezra? What was then done to the Covenant? What three remarks do these facts suggest as to the P.B.I.'s chronology, which puts Ezra's commission in 457? What, accordingly, like the Pyramid, does the Flood year do for the true chronology?
(64) What happened on the 150th day of the Flood year? What do the involved 3 days type? When did the antitypical 3 days end? What occurred at the beginning of the 3rd antitypical day? Shortly thereafter? What followed Nehemiah's return to Jerusalem from Babylon? What did Nehemiah's work accomplish for Israel? How long did the effects of this reformation last? In antitype of what was this?
(65) How long did the next period of the Flood year last? What appeared at its end? How long did the antitypical 70 years last? When did they end? When did its 70th day begin? What events occurred between Aug., 311 A.D. and May, 322 A.D., typed by the top of the mountains appearing above the flood waters? What is the antitype of the mountains appearing? How were these events beneficial to the Abrahamic Covenant and those in it?
(66) How long until the next Flood year period ended? What were sent out of the Ark on the 40th day? How long did the antitypical 40 days last? To what date do they bring us? When did the antitypical 40th day begin? What does a raven type? How is this Scripturally shown? What does a dove type? How is this Scripturally shown? In whom was the antitype of the sending forth and the remaining away of the raven fulfilled? As what? When? What had Boniface previous to 741 been doing? After what event did he begin a sectarianizing work? As such a worker how may Boniface be described? What do Romanists call him? What was the twofold effect of his strenuous labors?
(67) What is the antitype of the dove sent out at the same time as the raven? What did the anti-Romanizing movement do? When? Who were its three leaders? What Romanist doctrines and practices did they oppose? What positive truths did they set forth? How did they set forth these teachings? How is this symbolized? What twofold condemnation did Boniface secure against them? After their liberation what did he then do against them? What were the results of his further persecution of them? How are their untoward experiences typed? What was thereupon done? How is this typed? Why did the involved movement not prosper?
(68) What occurred 7 days later in the type? What do these 7 days type? When did they end? When did the antitypical 7th day begin? What Spirit-pervaded movement was active from 816 to 827? Who were its two main leaders? Where has this movement been explained? What should be done with that explanation? How does this movement compare with the one of 741752? How is its greater prosperity typed? What assurance did this movement give our Lord? How is this typed? What is typed by Noah's receiving the dove a second time into the Ark?
(69) What did Noah do a third time 7 days later? What did the dove no more do? How many years do these 7 days represent? When did the antitypical 7 years and the 7th begin? What events correspond to the third sending of this dove and its not returning? What
is said in the text of the character and works of Alfred the Great? Of what is the dove's course the type? What is the antitype of the dove's not returning?
(70) How long later did the next mentioned typical event occur? How many years are typed by these 35 days? When did the antitypical 35 days end? When did its 35th begin? What two special events occurred during the period of 1268 to 1279? What is a short description of the crusades? How many of them were there? Who led the last? How did they end as a whole? What effects followed popes' subsequent efforts to arouse others? What was their result? The result of their ceasing? How is this typed?
(71) When relatively to Philip the Fair's anti-papal activities did the last crusade end? Who through him began a centuries-long opposition to the papacy? Through whom? What did He thereby accomplish? As the antitype of what? What had already been thereby accomplished by 1881? By what days of the Flood year is this period typed? How many years are typed by these 56 days? When did they antitypically end? When did the 56th antitypically begin? What great events occurred during their last antitypical day? How had the Youthful Worthies been in the Ark during the antitypical Flood year? What is typed by the going forth from the Ark? Under what conditions? What should we render to God for light on the Flood year?
(72) What is a question raised by the foregoing study on the Flood year? What kind of months were those of the Flood year? How long is a lunar month actually? By the lunar calendar? Which lunar (calendar) months are of 30 days? Which of 29 days? When did the Flood begin? When did its first five months end? In what even months were these five months? In how many even and odd numbered months were they? How did they come to amount to 147 days? What does this fact, among others, corroborated by the time of Ezra's commission, do with the P.B.I's and the nominal-church writers' contention?
(73) What is the second question arising from the preceding discussion on the Flood year? What do the conditions before the Flood type? The Flood year? Of what was entering the Ark a type? What benefit in this
connection did God give Abel, Enoch and Noah? By contrast how did He treat classes who came into existence long after the Covenant was made? On what Bible principle? On what other principle may the Youthful Worthies be said anticipatorially to have entered the Ark in 2045 B.C.? What does this do with our question? Why is no typical reference made to our Lord's death in the Flood year picture?
(74) What is the third pertinent question? What is the answer to this question? What is the first reason for this? What similar movements suggest this answer? What symbol of all three movements suggests this answer? What bearing on the answer has Alfred's character? What other reason suggests this answer in Alfred's favor? How was his character, compared with that of other kings?
(75) What is our last pertinent question? What is the first reason given in answer to this question? What is the second reason given in the answer thereto?
A gentle dove
'Scaped from the casement of the Ark, and spread
Her lonely pinions o'er that boundless wave.
All, all was desolation. …
Nor found her weary foot a place of rest. …
With drooping wing the peaceful Ark she sought.
The righteous man that wandering dove received,
And to her mate restored, who, with sad moans,
Had wondered at her absence. …
Then the waters dried,
And the green branches waved, and the sweet buds
Came up in loveliness, and the meek dove
Went forth to build her nest, while a thousand birds
Awoke their songs of praise, and the tired Ark
Upon the breezy breast of Ararat
Reposed; and Noah with glad spirit, reared
An altar to his God.