Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
second fact proves the same thing? How is the antitypical bringing done?
(4) What details are needed here to make the antitype intelligible? How are antitypical lepers not, and how are they now by us brought to the High Priest for investigation? What case proves this? Give the proof negatively and positively. What do these facts prove? Since inspiration ceased and until the Epiphany, what did Jesus not use as to Great Company matters? Why not? What results therefrom in the Epiphany as to bringing a leper-suspect to Jesus?
(5) What objection may be used to this thought? How is this objection to be answered? What would the naming of Eleazar or Ithamar for other than the end of this Age have indicated, so far as the antitypes are concerned? What is typed by the investigating and decision-pronouncing under-priest? How does 1 Cor. 5: 4, 5 prove this answer? How does v. 13 also prove it? What, accordingly, is typed by the pertinent under-priest? What conclusion is to be drawn from this fact? Apart from cases brought to antitypical Aaron, who only can properly do this work? To what brethren must such activities of an ecclesia be limited? What results from this? Why? How is the General Church taken care of on this point?
(6) What does the first clause of v. 3 tell? What does this type? What does the antitype prove? What do the middle clauses of v. 3 give? What is wrong with hair thus turned white? What does this type? How do we Biblically arrive at this thought? What are the two things that constitute the power of God's people? What do these make them? What is typed by the leper's hair turned white in the sore? What is one of the symptoms of Great Company uncleanness? How may the matter be otherwise expressed? How is this thought literally expressed in Ps. 107: 10, 11? What do these verses give?
(7) What second symptom of leprosy does v. 3 give? What does it type? What kind of revolutionism manifests Great Company uncleanness? Why must persistency be added to revolutionism to make the latter Great Company uncleanness? What would result from such a condition? What illustrations are to the point? What must be present to manifest Great Company uncleanness? In whom is it not present? Why not? When only can we be sure that
We are dealing with Great Company uncleanness? What kind of symptoms prevail in typical and antitypical leprosy?
(8) What, in the type, was the priest to do, if he saw the two pertinent symptoms prevail? In the antitype? Since when has this been going on? Despite what? Between what times was it wrong to declare one to be in the Great Company? Why? Since when has the token of Great Companyship become due to be understood? What results from these facts? Why did our Pastor for the Parousia and before speak against judging as to who are in the Great Company? When, according to him, would such judging be in order? What separation takes place during the Epiphany? What would those have to know who would co-operate with Jesus in that separation work? What did our Pastor say as to judging when the separation would come? Where? How does 1 Cor. 4: 5 prove this? How do Lev. 13: 3, 8, 15, 20, 22, 25, 27, 30, 36 and 44 prove this? What will those have to do who denounce this work? What characteristics does such denouncing have? What parallel actions show themselves in this connection?
(9) Of what do vs. 4-6 treat? How must such cases be treated? What is typed by the bright spot being turned white? By its not being deeper than the skin? By its not turning the hair white? Despite these conditions, how must the pertinent person be regarded and treated? What does this type? What is typed by the seven days? What does this mean for the investigating priest or ecclesia? What must he do before coming to a decision? Why? What did these principles move the Lord to do with the type? What is implied by the shutting up in the type? In the antitype?
(10) What does v. 4 show—type and antitype? How is this indicated? Why is the decision, type and antitype, to be delayed? What was done, type and antitype, if the second investigation justified no decision? How long was the investigation to go on in each case? What should be done in each case when a decision was reached? If in the type the evil was only a scab, what was the decision? What does this mean in the antitype? What is typed by the suspect's washing his clothes? What was to be done if, after the first seven days, the plague spread? What does
this type? If no repentance sets in after the third investigation, what is the antitypical priest to do? What is therein implied? What does our study of vs. 1-8 do with our understanding of their contents? Where will the details come out? What does our study of vs. 1-8 prove of it negatively? Why?
(11) How many details on leprosy are brought out in the rest of Lev. 13? What is each of these and where is it described? How many of these attach to the person? How many to garments? What form of leprosy is set forth in Lev. 14: 33-53? To which of these will we give our attention first? To what do these four forms of leprosy correspond? What are these four forms? What does each type? What does the Bible teach of these four forms, type and antitype? What false charge is made against Epiphany friends? What is the truth on the subject? What should we first note? How is this shown in 1 Cor. 5? In Jude 23? What conclusions should be drawn from these two facts and two sets of passages? What will we now study?
(12) How does the swelling form of leprosy type Great Company sin? What do we conclude from these facts? What does the whiteness of the swelling suggest? The hair turning white? If only gross sin were involved, what could we not do? Why? What is furnished, if error is added to the gross sin? Why is this proof only partial? What is the condition if persistency in error follows on gross sin? What is the force of the adjective old in the expression, "an old leprosy"? To what does it correspond? What is the investigating priest to do when he finds these conditions present? By what three Scriptures is the summary course proved to be the right one to follow?
(13) What is the first impression made on one by the teachings of vs. 12, 13? Why? How only can this natural thought be reasonably answered? Why from the standpoint of Lev. 13 and 14 could the Lord not use the leprosy that covers the entire body to type Great Company uncleanness? What would such an one type in contrast with the uncleanness typed in these two chapters? By contrast with the forms of antitypical leprosy treated of in these chapters as a whole, what must be done with the kind of antitypical leprosy treated of in vs. 12, 13? What, therefore, can we at once see? Why? What follows from the fact that vs. 12, 13 type the Adamic depravity, as to Great
Company uncleanness? To whom do the statements of vs. 12, 13 apply? What is the case, type and antitype, if raw flesh appears in such an one? Why? As what is he to be declared, in type and antitype? Why is he not, and why is he to be so declared? In such a case what two things would be typed? What, accordingly, was the priest to do from the standpoint of these two chapters?
(14) Of what do vs. 16, 17 treat? What occurred at times in Israel with lepers? In what two ways did this occur? What was the healed leper to do? Why? Where is this shown in detail? What words describe the healing? What does this type? What case illustrates this? How do the cited passages show these points? What is typed by the charge that the cleansed leper show himself to the priest? To which antitypical priest should the cleansed one come? Why? Why was an accurate examination needed, in type and antitype? What, in type and antitype, would a premature pronouncing of one as clean effect? If the repentance is sincere what should not, and what should be done? Where in type is this whole transaction shown?
(15) What is the second form of leprosy? Where is this treated? What two things are stated of the boil in v. 18? What is typed by the renewed boil, as described in vs. 18-23? How does Heb. 2: 15 show selfishness to be a kind of Great Company uncleanness? Matt. 10: 39? Matt. 16: 25? Luke 14: 26, 33? John 12: 25? 1 Pet. 2: 11? 1 Pet. 1: 14? What do these and many other Scriptures show? What is typed by the boil's healing and breaking out again?
(16) In what language of v. 19 is the development of leprosy in the boil described? What does this type? What must be done in type and antitype with such a case? What must the priest do with the disease? In what particularly? For what else must he look? Why? What are these, in type and antitype? What will make the priest's diagnosis certain? After reaching such certainty what should he do, in both type and antitype? Why?
(17) What are the conditions that do not warrant a sentence of Great Company uncleanness, in type and antitype? Why in the antitype? What first results therefrom? Secondly? Thirdly? Fourthly? Why was stress laid on persistent revolutionism?
(18) What determines the shutting up of the suspect, in
type and antitype? What do the seven days of the restraint type? What, therefore, is the investigating priest to do? What was the priest to do after the seven days, if the bright spot had spread? What would such spreading imply? Under the antitypical conditions, what is the examining priest to do? If there is no typical or antitypical spreading, what is the examining priest to do? In such circumstances, how is the typical and antitypical boil to be considered?
(19) Where is the third form of leprosy brought to our attention? What does it type? What other kind of Scriptures proves that worldliness is a form of Great Company uncleanness? To what do they lend corroboration? How is this proved by Matt. 13: 22, combined with its context? How do Mark 4: 19 and Luke 8: 14 add to this proof? How is this proved by Luke 21: 34? Jas. 4: 4? For what are these Scriptures sufficient? What is worldliness in a new creature? What two things does it often manifest? What should be done to such a suspect, in type and antitype? What should the antitypical priest do about it? If he finds persistent revolutionism what is he to do? Why?
(20) What does v. 26 suggest? Why should carefulness be exercised by the examining priest, in the type and antitype? What do we, accordingly, note in all the cases mentioned in Lev. 13 and 14? Under what circumstances is judgment to be suspended, in type and antitype? One to be shut up? What should be done, if it should later appear that the suspect is a leper, type and antitype? If he is not one, type and antitype? What corroborates such a decision?
(21) What have we so far studied? What is presented in vs. 29-44? What will first be done as to the thought of vs. 29-44? How does 1 Tim. 1: 19, 20 prove that error is a part of Great Company uncleanness? How does 2 Tim. 2: 17, 18 corroborate the thought of 1 Tim. 1: 19, 20? How does Ps.107: 10, 11 prove this thought? Jas. 5: 19, 20? What do we conclude from these passages? How does the symbolism of leprosy in the head and beard apply here? What is the fourth form of leprosy called? What must the priest do with one having a scall, type and antitype? What two things would prove the uncleanness, type and antitype? What should be the resultant course?
(22) What does v. 31 show should be done with the
suspect? What should be done, if black hair were in the scall? What if not, and the scall was not deeper than the skin? What is typed by the absence of black hair? Skin depth of the scall? The seven days' restraint? The examination on the seventh day? The shaving of all but the scall? What should the priest do, if no unfavorable symptoms appear in the antitype? What does this show as to unimportant mistakes? What are some examples? What have all uninspired priests made? What should be done with the mistake?
(23) From what standpoint is the matter stated in v. 35? What does it type? What is to be done, type and antitype, in such a case? What is present, typed by the spreading of the scall? What should then be done? Without what? What does v. 37 teach, type and antitype? Against what do vs. 38, 39 caution, type and antitype? What causes freckles? What is typed by them? Why? What has the experience of all of us been on this point? What should not be done therefore? What do vs. 40 and 41 contain? What does baldness represent? Baldness toward the forehead? What is not to be done to such, type and antitype? What three reasons prove this?
(24) What do vs. 42-44 indicate? What would such a sore type? What would it imply? What would this implication type? What would every sore not necessarily imply? How was the case determined? What was precluded by the baldness? Apart from yellow hair, what was alone sufficient to establish leprosy? What in the antitype? If hair were present, what would establish the fact of leprosy being present? What would the priest have to do, if leprosy were present? What did this type? If no leprosy were present, what would the priest have to do? What does this type?
(25) What is given in vs. 45, 46? What was the first thing for the convicted leper to do? On what symbolism is the antitype based? What is it? How are the two forms of the antitype performed? How does Elisha's rending his garments apply here? What does the similarity prove as to the leper's antitype? What is the second thing that the convicted leper had to do? On what symbolisms is the antitype based? What is the antitype?
(26) On what symbols is the antitype of the covered lip based? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What
does the covered lip type? What does a covered upper lip do with the lower lip? What is the antitype? How is typical speech usually antityped? And how not? Accordingly, in what are we to expect the cry, Unclean, to be antityped? How does it occur? What in this connection does the Great Company not say in words? How does it speak?
(27) What is the first thing that v. 46 says of the leper? How long would the typical leprosy be in a leper? The antitypical leper in sin? Selfishness? Worldliness? Error? What will the Great Company continue to do in their defilement? What must be done in order to their cleansing? What is the second item mentioned in
v. 46? What does it type? In what three activities will the priests refuse to fellowship with the Great Company? Why?
(28) What is the final item that v. 46 gives on the convicted leper? What does this prove of lepers while Israel was in the wilderness? While in Canaan? To what is the allusion here? From what were they cut off? How long? With whom could they associate? By what were clean Israelites warned against them? What are the antitypes of these things? Where were the lepers to go? What is the antitype? Why are they to go there? What encouragement should not be given the Great Company? With whom may they associate? Among whom are they not to dwell? Until what happens? For what should we thank God, hope and pray? What will the priests do when it comes? In view of this prospect, what do the priests now do?
(29) What did our former study of Lev. 13; 14 cover? What other kinds of leprosy are referred to in these chapters? To what is the present study devoted? Why? In what order will they be studied? What will we pass by in this study? Why? Why is the cleansing of the lepers presented between the presentation of its fifth and sixth forms? With what will we begin this study?
(30) What three things are Biblically symbolized by garments? How do the cited Scriptures prove this of each sense? Why does Lev. 13: 47-58 not use the word garment in the first two senses? In what sense do we understand it to use this word? A leprous garment? How does this form of Great Company uncleanness exist? What other kind of Scriptures also proves it? What is the classic example in proof of this? In what four things did
his power-grasping manifest itself? What do these acts show? What is implied in John's words on dealing with him? How does 1 Pet. 5: 3, 4 prove the same thing? Our Lord's warnings in Rev. 2: 6, 15? Paul's statement in 1 Cor. 9: 27? What may we conclude from our study of these passages?
(31) How many and what kinds of garments are brought to our attention in vs. 47, 48? To what do these correspond? What objection may at first thought be offered to this claim? What overcomes this objection? From what might the pascal lamb be taken? How does this answer strike one accustomed to English only? What overcomes the objection, despite our pertinent English idiom? Of what might the curtain between the linen and rams' skin curtains have been woven? What conclusion may, accordingly, be drawn in harmony with Biblical symbols? Why is no correspondence to the curtain of rams' skin dyed red given in Lev. 13? What do we understand as to the relation of the linen garment? The woolen garment? The skin garment? With what are these respects related? What do the linen garments type? The woolen garments? The skin garments? The warp? The woof?
(32) What does leprosy in a garment type? What two classes have these powers? To whom and what does leprosy in a garment refer? If in linen, what does it type? In what two respects? If in wool, what does it type? In what two respects? If in skin or in things of skin, what does it type? In what two respects? What is, accordingly, typed in vs. 47, 48? What else in v. 48?
(33) What is described in v. 49? What would prove leprosy to be in a garment? How many forms of antitypical leprosy do green and red type? What does each of them type? What do leaders have? Local elders? General elders? What is the privilege of these? What does Satan seek to do to them? What has he succeeded in doing to many? Who are Satan's special targets? Why? What did our Pastor say of fallen leaders' fall? What is true in every case of Great Company leaders? What will prove this remark? What do all of them want? What does Satan do with them accordingly?
(34) What should be noted of the words, garment, etc., in v. 49? What should we here note? Of J.F.R.? Of whom may the same things in principle be said? What
has their course proven to be? For what have they forfeited the privileges of service in the high calling? What is a proper judgment thereon? What did God do as a recompense? What permeates their symbolic garments? What is written over them? Whose else symbolic garments are symbolically green and red?
(35) What has been fulfilled as to these? How is this done with power-grasping and lording general elders? Give some illustrations of such in the Apostolic times? When is this work especially in order? With whom? Through whom in the general Church? In local churches? Since when have large amounts of time been devoted to this work? In what mainly? What has been done with examinations conducted before that magazine was published? Why did this have to be done publicly? Why and as what is the Editor therefore blamed? What other reason requires this publicity? What must be the best course? How will it eventually be recognized? What is also implied in the expression, "It shall be showed to the priest"?
(36) Of what does v. 50 treat? What did not occur at the first examination of a plague-stricken garment? Why was this done? By whom must the examining be done? What makes the difference? Why must this duty not be shirked? How must it be done? What is our Pastor's advice in dealing with power-grasping local and general elders? What should be avoided? What does the case require? Why? Why should a premature decision be avoided? What results from this? What should be done, if grounds exist for suspecting the presence of power-grasping and lording?
(37) What is typed by the priest's waiting until the seventh day and then examining the garment? Why should the second examination be made? What was to be done, if the plague was found to spread in the garment? What is the antitype? In what three ways may this usurping manifest itself? How does J.F.R. 's course in 1917 illustrate this? In what particulars? What forms could this symbolic spreading take?
(38) What is such a plague typically called? Why this name? How does it define the mental state involved? How do the details of J.F.R. 's "fretting" illustrate this up to the time of his re-election in 1918? Thereafter until the election of the Society's officers and board for 3 years and
10 months, etc.? How does the word fretting describe his pertinent actions? Whose cases betray the same spirit of fretting? What must be done in all such cases by the examining priest?
(39) What does v. 52 charge as to such a garment? Regardless of what? What does this type? Through whom does it occur with usurping general elders? What case shows this? How does Jesus do this during the Epiphany? How are such office powers vacated? What act illustrates this fact? What does such dismissal not imply? What example shows this? How did he usurp? Why should it have cost him membership in the Church? To whom else does this principle apply? How does this principle apply to a usurping local elder or deacon? What happens to an ecclesia that partisanly supports a usurping elder or deacon? What comparison shows this? What type does such cutting off fulfill?
(40) What is the difference between the case presented in vs. 47-52 and those in vs. 53-58? What was to be done, if after the second examination no certainty was reached as to the typical garment? What does this type? What is the character of the pertinent usurpations? What was to be done after the washing? What does this imply? How must it be done as to a general elder? As to a local elder? How is the restraint sometimes to be effected? Under what circumstances? Why? How may it be done as to a local elder?
(41) What phase of a leprous garment does v. 55 discuss? What should be done with such a garment? Why? What is such a leprosy called? Regardless of what? After what should the offender be re-examined? What is typed by the colors not changing? What should result on such becoming manifest? Even under what circumstances? What does his impenitence, etc., prove? What must result after these are manifested? If the offender be a general elder, who will do the twofold dismissing? Through whom will He manifest it? Who will do it, if the offender be a local elder? Through whom will He manifest it? Describe a garment with a fret inward. Regardless of what? What do these terms "without" and "within" mean? What is typed by the fret inward? What proves its continued existence in the heart? Regardless of what? How did Bro. Shearn manifest this principle? With what result?
(42) What phase of a leprous garment does v. 56 discuss? What was to be done with the dark part of the garment? What does this case represent? What did the offender do in part? What is typed by rending the dark part out of the garment? What illustrates the operation of this principle in a pilgrim? In a local elder?
(43) Of what phase of a leprous garment does v. 57 treat? What does it type? Why is this arrangement necessary? What does the type call such a plague? What does it type? What does this disprove as to the fault? And prove? What else does it prove? What is required in this case? How is it done in the case of a general elder? What does the manifestation of his Great Companyship demonstrate? How is this done in the case of a local elder?
(44) Of what phase of a leprous garment does v. 58 treat? What would this indicate of the leprosy? On what condition could it be used again? What cases would this phase of a leprous garment type? What did they at first do? What effect did the washing of the Word have on them? Of what did their offenses mainly consist? What did not have to be lost in such a case? What is typed by the second washing? What does v. 59 do?
(45) With what will our study proceed? What will be done as to the order of our study of Lev. 14? Why? Why did the Lord first present the cleansing process in vs. 1-32? Why, again, was it decided to change the order of studying the two sections of Lev. 14? Where have we in reality studied v. 33, type and antitype? What does this make unnecessary? To what do not, and to what do the instructions of vs. 33-53 apply? Why was this done? What did God design as to leprous houses? What, accordingly, do leprous houses type? What do they type of these sects? To what in this respect has attention been repeatedly called? Why?
(46) What parallel course as to literal Scriptures will be used here? How does the last clause of Ps. 107: 11 prove this? What is God's arrangement for the unity of the Church? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What is in opposition to this unity? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What conclusion do we, accordingly, draw? How does Paul in Rom. 11: 4, 5 apply 1 Kings 19: 18? What clue does this give us as to the antitypical 7, 000 in the Epiphany? What is typed by Baal
worship? How is this made clear? What does this prove as to power-graspers among God's people? What is typed by Baal kissing? What facts clarify this?
(47) Who are the Baal-kissers among God's real people? With what are they afflicted? What implies this? How does Acts 20: 30 accord with the thought of partisan support of power-grasping leaders? For what are the Scriptures cited in this connection sufficient? What, accordingly, do we understand such a house to type? It's being leprous? Why is sectarianism a great sin? How does it treat the Truth, its arrangements and spirit? What actually, though not verbally, is the sectarian's motto? What results from the practice of such a motto? What is the classic example of such sectarianism among Truth people? How does it compare with that of the most bigoted Romanists? In what sense can God be spoken of as putting antitypical leprosy into such a sect?
(48) In the type what was the owner of the plague-stricken house to do? Whom does he type? Why? Who is the antitypical priest in such a case? Why? How do the partisan leaders come to Him complaining of the plague-stricken condition of their houses? How did J.F.R. and his subordinate leaders not do so? Why not? How did they do so? What proves this to be true? What are some details thereon? How do their followers give the amen to their act speeches? By whom are similar things said by acts?
(49) Who is the examining priest for a Great Company sect? Why? Who, therefore, was the examining typical priest? What proves this? What fact proves Jesus to be the examining priest? Why can a local ecclesia not be such an examining priest? What two arguments prove that Jesus is the examining priest? How does He do it? Before what period were there no Great Company sects? What follows from this as to the subject under study? What are in harmony with this? What is typed by the charge to empty the house? Why was it given in type and antitype? What is typed by the priest then examining the house distinct from what was emptied out of it? What is implied thereby in the antitype? How do the Levites act toward this feature of The Present Truth? On the contrary, of what does the bulk of the matter appearing in The Present Truth consist? To what extent do we admit
the charge? Why is the charge without merit? What proves that the Lord wants such criticism made? With what unnecessary work do the criticizing articles dispense? What is implied in omitting mention of good points in the Great Company sects? What does God want done in the examination? What conduces to the Levites' thinking that The Present Truth is devoted to criticism alone? What is typed by the priest going into the house?
(50) What does v. 37 show? What does this type? What do walls represent? What do the walls of a leprous house represent? For what word does the word strakes stand? Like what did they look? What do they represent? What do the green and red colors here represent? Why are these antitypical evils present in uncleansed Great Company sects? What is more particularly typed by the green and red streaks? What is typed by their being deeper than the wall's surface? By the priest leaving the house? By his shutting up the house? Of what does this restraint consist? What does the shutting up for seven days type?
(51) What is typed by the priest returning after seven days and re-examining the house's walls? If the plague was found to have spread during the seven days, what was the priest to do? What does the spreading of the plague type? What do the stones, city and unclean place type? How is this harmonious with Bible usage? What in such an antitype does the High Priest do? What facts in Society matters prove this? Among what other Great Company sects was this in principle done? What is typed by the dust of the house? By scraping it down and together? In what kind of articles was this done? What are the titles of some of these? What did these reviews and examinations do? What is typed by the dust's being carried out of the city and cast into an unclean place?
(52) What is typed by putting other stones in the place of the removed ones? Other mortar in the place of that scraped off? In time how extensively will this be done? What do vs. 43-45 show? What does this type? What does the return of the plague type? It's spreading abroad? When only could such an antitype set in? What does v. 45 show? What is typed by the breaking down of the house? How does it occur? In what three cases has this occurred?
In what sense has it also occurred to the Society? How and when?
(53) What does this mean, negatively and positively? What results from this as to antitypical Elisha? The Society as a corporation in its officials? What has occurred with the antitypical stones of the Sturgeonites, Ritchieites and Olsonites? What two things led to the casting off of the Society as a corporation in its officers? What, is represented by the breaking down of the timber? Of the mortar? What are some illustrations of these things? What does the Bible type as to the P.B.I. in its charter? When is it to take place? Who does this breaking-down work? What does it type? What is typed by the priest's carrying the debris outside the city and casting it into an unclean place?
(54) What does v. 46 tell us? What things did entering a shut-up leprous house betray? How long was such an intruder to remain unclean? What does entering such a house type? What would be the antitypical effects? Why? What is the time-contrasted recognition of these evils? How long will this uncleanness in part remain? How long will their cleansing by the Lamb's blood take? By the washing of the Word?
(55) Of what does v. 47 treat? What does a bed symbolically represent? How do the cited passages prove this? What is represented by sleeping in such a bed? In a leprous bed? What does this imply? What effect would such contentment have? What would cleansing therefrom require? What is the symbolic meaning of eating, in, the Bible? How do the cited passages prove this? What is typed by eating in a leprous house? What effects will this have? In what respects? How will this uncleanness manifest itself? What happens to his garments? What must he do with them?
(56) What is the contrast between the thoughts of vs. 39-47 and v. 48? After what was the priest to come to the house? What does this represent? What was the typical priest to do, if he found that the leprosy had not spread? What does this type, negatively and positively? Why? What is treated of in vs. 49-53? What relation is there between the cleansing of these verses and that of vs. 1-7? What will, accordingly, be done with the study of vs. 49-53? With this what do we bring to a close? What two things have we found in this study? What may we say?