Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
must not therein cast off God's headship and the Church therein must not cast off Jesus' headship; (2) rending the garments—Jesus and the Church therein must not do injury to their official powers and spiritual graces; and (3) leaving the Tabernacle—Jesus and the Church therein must not give up their Priestly service and follow the castaways in their evil course. The end of the antitypical lusting experience is typed by the people's journeying away from Kibroth-hattaavah; and the progress of their journey onward to Hazeroth represents progress in grace, knowledge and service, preparatory for the trying experiences typed by their abiding at Hazeroth, which, as our study of Num. 12 will show, types the trialsome experiences of the Lord's people with sectarianism, large and small—Hazeroth (villages) typing such, since many villages combined make a city, a sectarian religious government, and each one separately a small sect.
(58) We have now finished our study of Num. 11. By this study we have learned, among other things, that God in the Biblical types has, among other things, given us a prophetic forecast of matters of Church history. Further typical studies will show us that God in the types has given us a complete history of the true Church, of the nominal Church and of their varied contacts with one another and with other institutions in the world. For the most part, Church history as set forth by Church historians traces the history of the nominal Church and gives us relatively little of that of the true Church. But when we understand the Church historical types, we learn to look for events in Church history that touch on the real, as well as the nominal Church; and thus we get an accurate understanding of the history of the real people of God. This knowledge enables us to set aside the many misrepresentations that the real people and servants of God have suffered at the hands of the nominal people of God, and to recover the true history of God's people from among the
accumulations of the nominal church's historians on Church history, as well as to trace the real course of events of God's people. To learn these three things is one of our purposes in our typical studies, especially of Numbers, and we will be proportionately blessed by such study properly made, especially as a needed preparation for the proper understanding of the book of Revelation. The Lord bless to us the study of His Word in all its parts, and thus in its typical parts.
(1) Among other things, what was treated in the chapter, Calls-Siftings-Slaughter-Weapons? To what other harvest siftings does 1 Cor. 10: 5-14 refer, according to St. Paul? What other application was made of these siftings in our treatise? What has experience shown as to their Epiphany occurrences? Their Harvests? In what other two periods may they be expected to occur? What application of them does St. Paul give, and what application of them does he not give us in 1 Cor. 10: 5-14? How do we know this? Where does he give the Gospel-Age application? How does his treatment of them in Heb. 3: 7-4: 3 differ from that in 1 Cor. 10: 5-14?
(2) What basis does St. Paul in Heb. 3 lay for this Gospel-Age application? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? Of what does he show that the 40-years day of temptation was a type? What does he there show as to the type and antitype of the involved Israels? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? How does St. Paul treat these, type and antitype, in this section? In contrast with what? What facts warrant the conclusion that there were five siftings between the Harvests? What confirms this conclusion?
(3) What three things corroborate it? What are the five siftings' errors? For what do these considerations prepare us? When did the Gospel-Age No-Ransomism sifting occur? Where, like its counterfeit, is it typed? What will be done with Num. 11: 1-35? As to what? Why?
(4) Of what else, beside the No-Ransomism siftings, does Num. 11 treat? Why? Of what is this true? What is typed in vs. 1-3? Why will the pertinent Harvest sifting also be given in this study? How does the Imp. Ver. give the opening clause of v. 1? For the Gospel-Age
Harvest what do these three verses type? By what was it paralleled? Who were at that time sifted out of the cleansed sanctuary? Why did they murmur? What Chronological disappointments became the occasion thereto? What made uncertainty as to 1843 or 1844 in the Second Advent movement? What mistake of Bro. Miller's did later brethren correct? Why were they uncertain as between 1873 and 1874?
(5) What failed to set in in 1873 and in 1874? What effect did these four disappointments have on some Adventists? What did this prompt some to do thereover? How did this affect God? What, accordingly, did He do? In what did this result? To whom? How is this shown in the type? What three classes did it affect? How? What two effects did this have on the more faithful? As to action, who were these faithful? In person who were some of them? What is typed by Moses' praying to the Lord to quench the fire? How did the Lord's answer come, in type and antitype? What did it effect? What is typed by the people's calling the place Taberah? How are we to understand the typical and antitypical sifting as coming?
(6) What was the period of the Gospel-Age No-Ransomism sifting? When and by what events did that period begin and end? By what was that sifting preceded? In conformity with, and likeness to what? For what did the brethren in the Jewish Harvest wish? To what did this hope, combined with its time uncertainty, expose those brethren? What brethren are an example of this? What two things did many of these brethren confound? What sayings of our Lord, not understood, became the occasion thereto? When did many look for the Kingdom's establishment? Who among them particularly did so? To what did the less sober of them allow themselves to be aroused?
(7) What resulted when they were disappointed? Into what two classes did these divide? What was the effect on the former? What did some of these as Jews, and some of these as Gentiles do? What did others of these as such do? What was charged against Jesus and the Apostles during the ensuing agitations? Under what misunderstandings? What proves that such were antitypically burned? What other kind of believers were there then?
Though disappointed, what two things did they do? What did Jesus do? What did God give in answer? What effect did this have on the sifting for the faithful? What did these truths enable them to recognize? What relation did this sifting have to the Gospel-Age No-Ransomism sifting?
(8) Where are the nearer antecedents of this sifting described? What was the character of these? To what did the first kind of these lead? Please read the verses that describe them. The second kind? Please read the verses that describe them. What were intermingled therewith? Please read the verses that describe these. What was the rock-bottom cause of the No-Ransomism sifting in all its applications? Hence of which one of them? To what did that make those guilty of this open? What types this? What kind of people started this weariness of God's Truth and lusting for other mental food? Who were they? What did they do at Israel's deliverance from Egypt? Why was this permitted by their masters? What in the nature of the case could they be expected to start? What is the antitype of this in the Gospel-Age Harvest? What effect did their wearying of the Truth and hungering for other mental food have upon Spiritual Israelites? What two things prove their bad taste? What is typed by the fish? The cucumbers? The melons? The leeks? The onions? The garlic? What degeneracy is shown in this matter? How did these things stand related to facts?
(9) What occurred on a larger scale? After what? What was the antitypical mixed multitude in the larger-scaled event? Of what two parts of Spiritual Israel was this true? When did this antitypical mixed multitude begin to form? Where is this discernible? How in magnitude in both the Harvests did the fifth sifting compare with their other four? What resulted therefrom in the Jewish Harvest's fifth sifting as to the mixed multitude? What two other things manifested many of these? As a result what could St. John late in his life say as pertaining to the mixed multitude? What, that did occur, could be expected of these?
(10) What did their example and agitation shortly do? What two things did some Spiritual Israelites thereupon do? What is symbolic Egypt? What in each case is the
antitype of the foods typically longed for? Of what two kinds in each case? For these what were they willing to neglect, despise and abhor? What in taste did this manifest? How is it in the Hebrew manifested? Like whom were the typical lusters? What quality marked their course? What recompense did their dissatisfaction and lusting bring? What should we learn from them? Why all the more so than others?
(11) Of what do vs. 7-9 treat? What is the description of the manna in v. 7? How many qualities of the heavenly Manna does this suggest? What does Israel's manna type? In what other way may it be put? Why so? What might some at first sight think of the relation of these two definitions? What will reveal their harmony? What does John 14: 6 contribute toward harmonizing them? How is this so? What is meant by the Bible's being Christocentric? How does 1 Cor. 1: 30 prove this? What title given Him in 1 John 1: 1 shows this? In Rev. 19: 13? According to John 1: 1-3, 14, what pre-human title of our Lord is related to this thought? Why? What, accordingly, is the Truth from this standpoint? What follows from this as to our twofold definition of the antitypical Manna?
(12) How many qualities of the Truth were above said to be typed in v. 7? How does v. 7 read? What two special qualities has coriander seed? What do these type? In the first place, what quality does the Truth have? In what two ways? What is the first reason for this? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? The second reason? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? The third and fourth reasons? How do the cited verses prove this? The fifth reason? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? The sixth reason? How do the cited passages prove this? The seventh reason? How do the cited verses prove this? What is the second quality of the Truth as suggested by coriander seed? In what two respects? What is the first reason for this? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? The second reason? How do the cited passages prove this? The third reason? How do the cited verses prove this? By what are these two Truth qualities brought out in the type under study?
(13) What is bdellium? What two qualities of the
Truth are suggested by the color of the manna being like that of bdellium? How are these suggested by bdellium? What are we not to understand by this of the Bible? Why not? How do the cited passages prove this? When is the Truth clear? To what two classes? In what periods respectively? To what is its clarity due? What does its brilliance accomplish? Prove from the cited passages these two diamond qualities of the Word. What conclusion does our study on coriander seed and bdellium prove? What in this connection should we note well? In this connection what did the dissatisfied and lustful do?
(14) What is set forth in v. 8? What is typed by Israel's going about as to dealing with the manna? Their gathering it? Their grinding and beating it? Their baking and boiling it? Their making cakes of it? Eating these?
(15) Like what was the taste of manna? Under what conditions is fresh olive oil very good? What does this suggest? To what does it taste very good? What seven qualities of it makes it satisfy head and heart? What three things does the Truth's taste do in our holy spirits? Why is this? How long does this last? To whom? When and upon what did the manna fall? Upon what did it not directly fall? Why not? Upon what did it fall? In Bible symbols what does dew sometimes represent? How do the cited passages prove this? At other times? How do the cited passages prove this? What is the meaning of the dew in v. 9? How is this to be understood as to Truth already had? How does the cited Scripture prove this? What is typed by the nightlong falling of the manna? Of what does this ever remind us? By what is this fact further typed? How long does this antitype work? What is meant by the dueness of the Truth? Who by observation know the Truth to have this quality? When also was this same Truth quality operative? How do the cited Scriptures prove this?
(16) In what other respect does the manna's falling on the dew apply? What does this type? To what end was God's Word formed? In what two ways is it so adapted? What does this show? How does Amos 3: 7 show the Word to be adapted to the general needs of God's people? In what two forms of the Word do these acts appear? What do these do? How do the cited passages
prove that the Word is adapted to the individual needs of God's people? What five things are suggested by the manna's falling in the night? What does this mean in each of the five cases? What two conclusions are by the above discussion proven by the manna's falling on the dew? In view of the things typed of the Truth in vs. 7-9, over what should we not wonder? From this what judgment must be cast as to wearying of the Truth and hankering after secular mental food?
(17) To whose attention did the Gospel-Age Harvest's antitypical dissatisfaction and lusting come? Where did these then manifest themselves? Antitypical of what? In what two ways were they expressed? Even by whom? Antitypical of what? What did its widespreadedness require? How did this affect Him? Why? Antitypical of what? By whom was it seen to be evil? What is our knowledge as to this? When also did our Lord note this dissatisfaction and lusting? In what sections of the people of God? In what of these? In what ways did He see them manifesting themselves? Even among whom? Why was their participation therein all the worse? At what should we not wonder? Why not?
(18) What did Moses not do, and do? Why? What was this situation to Him as God's servant? What was it not to him? How did it seem to him? Of what may we be sure in the antitype? How was the antitype shown? How did the pertinent conduct of the people affect our Lord? Why? Of what were these conditions no expression? What two features of our Lord's Gospel-Age ministry will prove this? How do the cited verses prove this? Whose care was not a part of His Gospel-Age ministry? What certainly did not belong to His ministry? In what sense only could God have laid such a burden upon Him? How had this burden come to exist? To what was this due? What do these facts clarify? For what was our Lord's plaint? What was it not?
(19) What objection may be offered to the thought of our Lord's asking information of the Father? What is the first reason which proves that our Lord's knowledge is short of omniscience? What reasons make this reason true? What second reason proves this proposition? Who is such a typical example? How do the cited verses in
Num. 11 prove this of Him after His exaltation? In what set of Mosaic types is this shown? In what other kinds of Scriptures is this shown? How is this proven in the cited passages that refer to His pre-ascension knowledge?
(20) His Millennial and post-Millennial knowledge? When was Jesus' knowledge greatly increased? What fact proves this? From scattered Biblical hints, what seems to be proven as to Jesus' getting information on some details of God's Truth? How does this appear in Ruth 3: 7; Num. 15: 32-36; Ex. 31: 18; 33: 12, 18? How does this appear from the covenant arrangements given Moses in the mountain? By what is this pictured forth as an eternal condition in our Lord's knowledge relations to the Father? Accordingly, what principle underlying John 15: 15 is an eternal principle?
(21) How much does Jesus know? How great is He in His physical, mental, artistic, moral and religious faculties? What, however, must He eternally remain? How is this proven in the cited passages? What thing impossible to Himself would God do to Himself, if He made Jesus His equal in any respect? What is this? What will keeping in mind our Lord's inferiority in all things to the Father prevent happening from the thought that even in His glorified condition our Lord seeks and gets needed information from the Father? On what two subjects as generally taught is inspired Scripture silent as to teaching or implying them and vocal in teaching against them? On the contrary, how do such Scriptures teach on them? To whose disparagement is this matter not presented? Why not? To whom is over-exalting Jesus distasteful? Belittling Him? Belittling the Father by over-exalting our Lord to equality with the Father in any particular? How long will John 14: 28 prove true? What does it imply as to Jesus' knowledge in comparison with the Father's? How may the Truth on this subject be summed up? What fact as to the various applications of this type proves this principle?
(22) What does Moses' plaint in v. 12 take on? What characteristic did it have? What proves that he did not have a mother's and father's relations and duties to all the people? Why is this language meaningful antitypically
as to the spiritual father? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? Why can such be attributed to the pertinent persons? Why is this language meaningful as to the spiritual mother? Where was the Scriptural proof given for this? On what basis? What does Moses' pertinent language suggest antitypically as to Jesus? What must be the answer to both questions? Whom did Jesus in this sense father and mother? In what periods did He do these things? To what Gospel-Age mission of Jesus does this allude? What did Jesus assume as to these? What Gospel-Age work did not burden Jesus?
(23) What work did burden Him? What did He not desire as to these? Why not? What must be said of His pertinent attitude? How should the language rendered, that Thou shouldst say, be translated? Why? What position and duties are not implied in a leader and teacher? Toward whom alone did Jesus have such duties? What did Moses in this connection not know? What does this mean antitypically? What two things do vs. 13, 21-23, imply antitypically? What thought do these two facts disprove? How did the situation affect Moses' and Jesus' hearts? What in them were deeply worked upon? What, were the conditions that so wrought upon them? Under what circumstances was this true in Jesus' case?
(24) What is set forth in v. 14, type and antitype, as to Moses' and Jesus' inability? What was their real work? What two things make impossible to do everything that was suggested to them? What is meant, typically and antitypically, by the request, "kill me out of hand"? What would this effect in both cases? How did Jesus make His plaint known? In what applications of the antitype? What kind was the death that Jesus requested? Why is this true? When did this thing occur? Why did Jesus desire such a thing? For when did He desire it? As what would He regard it? What proves that Moses and Jesus were justified in the plaint?
(25) Wherein was God's answer given? What answers are given in vs. 16, 17? To whom? What answer was given in vs. 18-20? What two episodes have been confounded and misrepresented by higher critics? What four typical differences were there in the two sets of men? What great antitypical differences have there been? In
what Harvests and inter-harvest periods and their parallel applications were the 70 types? What proves this?
(26) What does the charge that Moses gather to himself the 70 type for the Gospel-Age Harvest? By whom were the Parousia and Epiphany auxiliary pilgrims not typed? What is the difference between pilgrims and auxiliary pilgrims? Before what date would one have to be in the pilgrim service to be one of the 70? Through whom did the Lord appoint them? What grade of qualification did they have to possess? From among whom were they to be selected? As having what? What is typed by Moses' taking such with him up to the tabernacle and their standing there with him? To what period of the Harvest was not the selection of the pilgrims limited? Why not? About what was its time limit? When did Bro. Russell's anointing as a pilgrim set in? Until when did he not come up to the antitypical Tabernacle? Why is the type of the selection of the pilgrims connected with the No-Ransomism sifting? Why was this not, and why was that done? What is the counterpart of Bro. Russell's selection as a pilgrim before the Harvest? Why was this so in both cases? In what two capacities did St. John serve? How long did the selection of the entire 70 last?
(27) What parallel between the sending out of the 70 in both Harvests exists? In what cases in the Gospel-Age Harvest is this clearly indicated? As what did Bro. Russell have no companion helper? As what did he have successively five? Who were they? Which of these retained the place to the end? Who seemed to constitute the second set of two? The third? The fourth? The fifth? What principle prevailed in one's being counted among the 70? Who was the leader in each set? What did God seek to do in the inter-harvest period as to Jesus' too heavy burden? What increased this burden? With what period did this increase begin? How did God send Jesus the relief? Who was chosen for such relief before the Smyrna period, yea, even before Pentecost? Of what was he the principal man? What is meant by a principal man? During how many of the inter-harvest periods were general elders, secondarily prophets, selected? How in numbers during these periods did they compare? What is the sphere of service for the 70?
(28) What parallel do we find as to the 70 in the Harvests and the inter-harvest period? Even in whose case was this so? In what capacity of his was this not the case? In what was it? From what Church epoch is this principle illustrated? Who were the twelve pairs during the Philadelphia period? Who in each case was the leader? What additional function did John Wessel have? How many others were distributed among the other inter-Harvests' epochs? What were these four epochs called? How were the remaining 46 so distributed as to number?
(29) How many of the inter-Harvests' 70 belonged to the Philadelphia period? How were the 70 divided? Who alone of these were star members? In all seven epochs how many brothers were star members? In addition to the 35 inter-harvest star members, how many other star members were there? How were these distributed? How many principal men were there among the star members? How were they distributed? How does the cited passage show the 7 stars and the 8 principal men? What development were the inter-Harvests' 70 to have? Additionally, what were they also to have? How was this attestation to be, negatively and positively? What did the charge to Moses to bring the 70 up to the tabernacle type with reference to these? Their standing there with Moses?
(30) What is typed by God's coming down to Moses in the cloudy pillar? What did such truths in part constitute? What is typed by God's taking from Moses of his spirit and putting it upon the 70? Of what did this feature of the qualification consist? Of what did their full anointing consist in all applications of the antitype? What as a result would they bear? How would this affect our Lord? When? When was this a matter of our observation? How do we become aware of it as to the inter-Harvests' period? Who were some of these inter-Harvests' special helpers in bearing the burden with our Lord?
(31) After telling Moses of the 70 elders, as to what did God tell him to say to the people? What did this mean antitypically? How did our Lord in the Gospel-Harvest do this telling? What was this sifting? How did He tell it to the Smyrna, etc., epochs' lusters? What kind of a separation do all siftings first effect? What kind later? Which one of these is typed by the eating of the
quail flesh? How did the pertinent conduct sifting occur? In the antitype what moved God to withdraw restraints from Satan? What result therefrom? What did God resent in both type and antitype? What did God passively send in both type and antitype? In what applications of the latter?
(32) What is stated in vs. 19, 20? How many time periods are mentioned in the type? What and how many negatively? Positively? In the Harvests how long did the antitypical month of days last? What were these periods? Where does this principle apply? What are we in this connection to conclude? How does the number 30 imply this? What, accordingly, is the symbolic thought of the 30 days in the two Harvests and their Interim? What Hebrew idiom operates here and how?
(33) What fact as to the duration, and not termination, of the Gospel Harvest's No-Ransomism sifting is paralleled in other siftings? Which are these? How is this true of each of them? In what other application does this hold good? How so? How is this principle seen in the operation of the seven last plagues of Rev. 16? What does this principle enable us to see of an objection to our view of the Gospel Harvest 70? What was this objection? What fourfold reply should be given thereto? What fifth reply should be given thereto? What do these five considerations do with the objection?
(34) What does v. 20 indicate? How copious would the vomit be? What else does v. 20 indicate as to the flesh? When does v. 20 indicate that the vomiting would begin? With what sifting did the vomiting begin? What fact proves this? In what other application is this true? With what did it begin and end? Why so? What qualities did the Reformation vomiting have? With whose activity did it first begin? With whose next did it begin? What were the main Romish things vomited in the movements begun by these? With what did it continue in the Servetus movement? By what was it completed, so far as Rome's anti-Ransomism is concerned? What else did the Reformation vomiting include? When did the last of such vomiting occur? Of what "flesh"? In what two
forms did the antitypical vomiting manifest itself? As antitype of what?
(35) To what were these errors repulsive? How is this stated typically? How was this as respects spiritual smell? How is this seen in detail on this point? How was this as respects spiritual taste? As a result, how did such "flesh" become? To whom especially? To whom of other classes? To what did this influence them? What may we infer from this as to the sins of the lusters? What words of v. 20 prove this? To what did such sinfulness move God? What lessons does this inculcate?
(36) What do vs. 21 and 22 suggest as to Moses' thoughts? For what in general did this move him to ask? In particular? What doubt did, and what doubt did not Moses' question as to the fish suggest? What does Moses' asking these questions type? Why did he ask these questions? What does his asking God for information imply as to Jesus' knowledge? What does the flesh of the flocks and herds type? The flesh of the sea's fish? What did our Lord not know up to the involved antitypical time? From what does this appear? What is typed by slaying the herds and flocks? Gathering the fish? Of what may we be sure as to our Lord's doubts? What did God's question as to whether His hand was shortened intimate to Moses? What does this type? Without whose agency? How should the last clause of v. 23 be rendered and complemented? What does the A. V. rendering imply, typically and antitypically? Why could this not be true? What does the right translation imply in type and antitype? How antitypically would the Lord permissively arrange for the "flesh"? What should we not forget as to such arranging? How did it operate? What kind of a part only could God have had therein? Why so? What do these considerations show as to Jesus in this connection? What fact proves the 70 to represent 70 individuals in the finished picture of all three applications?
(37) How was the antitype of Moses' telling these things to the people performed? How, on the contrary, were, and were not, Jesus' dealings with the 70? How long drawn out was the calling and installation of the Parousia pilgrims as such? How long at least is it
reasonable to believe that the last of these reaped? What seems to be typed by Moses' gathering the 70? His placing them about the tabernacle? What is implied typically by the expression, "70 men of the elders of the people"? What proves this in the type? Antitypically, how was this? What difference is there in the time order of the call of the Jewish Harvest's 70 and that of the other two applications? Why was this difference made? How were the matters in the finished picture?
(38) What is typed by the cloud of v. 25? Where has this been shown? What is meant by God's coming down in the cloud? Through whom did God usually give the Law Covenant's arrangements? Through whom else sometimes? How do the quoted passages prove this? What is typed by God's coming down in the cloud and speaking to Moses? What is not meant by God's taking of the spirit that was on Moses and giving it to the 70? What is meant by it? What did this not do to Moses' power and authority? What did it do for him? How do we know this especially? What was a part of such power in the three sets of the 70? With what was such qualification not accompanied as respects Jesus? What does this not imply as to His office? What does it imply as to His burden?
(39) What as to Jesus' burdens does this not imply? How is this seen as among the Jewish Harvest's 70? What examples prove it? How is this seen as among the Parousia's 70? What examples prove it? How is this as among the Interim's 70? As to the 35 star members and their 35 companion helpers? As to the Interim's five principal men relatively to each one's fellow star members? As to the non-principal star members? What are some contrasting examples? As to the 35 companion helpers of the star members? What are some contrasting examples? What office did the 35 star members, especially their five principal men, hold? Who, even, did not share in such an office?
(40) What proves that the Lord gave the three sets of 70 general eldership in the real Church? The nominal church? What Scriptures prove this latter thought? How
do they do so? For the finished picture, what is especially significant? What does this prove of the three sets of 70? What would this not prove of all who were in the two Harvests nominated as "secondarily prophets"? What facts of the Jewish Harvest prove the answer? What facts of the Gospel Harvest prove this answer? What does the statement, "and did not cease," prove of the 70 as of the finished picture in both Harvests? What two conclusions may we draw from these considerations? What do facts prove as to the Interim's 70? What facts will corroborate this thought? What other fact proves this of the Interim's entire 70?
(41) What episode is introduced in vs. 26-29? What does the camp type? Eldad's and Medad's anointing and prophesying in the camp, and not at the tabernacle? What has already been pointed out in these columns? What about the Parousia Medad has been in sufficient details pointed out there? What does this make unnecessary and necessary here? What in duration is the contrast between the anointing of these two? What was in reality our explanation of Bro. Russell's anointing in the camp? When and wherein did the last part of his camp anointing take place? What did he thereupon do? In what two ways? How much later did he come up to the antitypical Tabernacle? What do these facts prove as to the durations of these two anointings and prophesyings in the camp? What does Bro. Russell's course as a pilgrim prove of him in this connection?
(42) Who were the Eldad and Medad of the Jewish Harvest? What Scriptural facts and personal qualities prove St. Paul to have been anointed and to have prophesied while yet in the camp? How is his coming up to the antitypical Tabernacle shown in Acts 9: 17-19? What proves that he was especially beloved by God (Eldad)? What is proven of Apollos as the Jewish Harvest's Medad in Acts 18: 24-26? What is proven of him as such in vs. 26-28? In what two ways is he proven to be the Jewish Harvest's Medad? Why so? How did his proficiency and efficiency affect some carnally weak brethren? How do the cited passages prove this? What was the personal attitude of Paul and Apollos toward one another, in spite of the sectarianism of some of their weak brethren? How does 1 Cor. 4: 1-15 show their relations and sentiments to
one another? 1 Cor. 3: 4-10? What do St. Paul's subsequent references to himself and Apollos show of their relations? How is this summed up in 1 Cor. 3: 8?
(43) Who were the Eldad and Medad of the Interim? What is the first proof that St. John was the Interim's Eldad? The second? Third? Fourth? Fifth? Sixth? Seventh? What fact self-evidently proves St. John to have been the Interim's Eldad? Of what may we therefore be confident as to his being the Interim's Eldad?
(44) How does the evidence of John Wessel's being the Interim's Medad compare with that of St. John's being the Interim's Eldad? For what is it strong enough? What is the first proof for his being the Interim's Medad? What are the seven truths implied in this first proof? What is the second proof thereof? The third? The fourth? The fifth? The sixth? What episode shows his great humility and love for God's Word? The seventh proof? What did Luther say of him and his writings? What did Luther do with some of his writings? Why did he not publish his treatise on the Lord's Supper? Where was he and what position did he hold when he received his anointing and began to prophesy? When and where did he come in among the real people of God? Under what circumstances did he flee from Heidelberg to the Netherlands?
(45) What two facts prove that Sts. Paul and John as two of the antitypical Eldads were not respectively of the Jewish Harvest's and Interim's 70? How many elders, including Eldad and Medad, were there in the type? What are the pertinent Jewish and Romanist views? What are we to understand the Jewish Harvest's and Interim's number of these to be? What are we not from this to understand as to the Gospel Harvest's 70? How can this be explained harmoniously with the other two conditions? As that Servant with whom was, and with whom was not Bro. Russell paralleled or made to correspond? From what two facts do we infer that Sts. Paul and John did not have companion helpers? What would result if they were of the "secondarily prophets" of their respective times?
(46) What resulted from the fact that in one person Bro. Russell was both that Servant and a pilgrim also? Wherein did this differ from the 70 in the Jewish
Harvest and in the Interim? What is the contrast between this view and the pertinent Jewish and Romanist views? Why this difference? What three facts disprove the Jewish and Romanist views? What seven reasons refute their view that there were 70 elders beside Eldad and Medad?
(47) What kind of an episode do vs. 27-29 bring to our attention? Of what does the young man who reported to Moses Eldad's and Medad's prophesying in the camp remind us? In what respects? Of what was Joshua's pertinent course characteristic? Moses' course? In what do these three find antitypes? In the Jewish Harvest's application, how is this relatively seen as between Paul and Apollos? Who were the antitypical lad, Joshua and Moses, as to St. Paul? How do we see the antitypical lad's, Joshua's and Moses' pertinent activity as to St. Paul? Who were they as to Apollos? What was their activity as to Apollos? Who were they as to St. John, the Interim's Eldad? How do we see this of the first two's activity as to him?
(48) That of Jesus? Of what is the question, "Enviest thou for my sake?" an accusation? Who were the antitypical lad, Joshua and Moses, as to John Wessel, the Interim's Medad? In what were their pertinent activities shown as to John Wessel? Who were the antitypical lad, Joshua and Moses, as to the Parousia's Eldad? In what were their pertinent activities shown as to Bro. Russell?
(49) What facts as to the Parousia's Medad were given wide publicity? Who were the pertinent lad, Joshua and Moses? Wherein is their pertinent activity seen?
(50) What is, then, antitypically remarkable as to v. 30? How did its antitype fulfill in the Jewish Harvest as to Jesus? As to the 70? Where are the records of part of these ministries found? How was v. 30 antityped in the Interim as to Jesus? As to the 35 star members and their 35 companion helpers? How did the Interim's pertinent activity compare and contrast with that of the two Harvests? What did v. 30 antitype as to Jesus in the Parousia? As to the 70? What were the magnitude and ramifications of the pertinent work in themselves and relatively to any other 40 years of the Gospel Age? What are the pertinent statistics of the different kinds of workers? Of what were the above matters the antitype?
(51) What have been studied foregoing? Where is this
sifting proper typed? How will this be treated here? What does the wind of v. 31 represent? How did this controversy start? How may it be appropriately described? What did the Lord do as a result of, and amid this verbal war? What did the quails type? What did we see in Chap. II of Vol. V as to forms of the Parousia's quails? What forms did they assume in the Jewish Harvest? What is typed for all three applications by the very great numbers of the quails? What is the right translation of the word al here? What is typed by their flying about two cubits above the ground? What three groups of the Lord's people in all three applications were affected by the antitypical quails? In all three applications, especially in that of the Interim, how did some of these theories deny the Ransom? On the part of whom? How else was the Ransom denied? What does this mean? By whom were these indirect Ransom denials accepted? In what third way was the Ransom then denied? By whom were these received? What occurred on this head in the following four epochs of the Interim? Where was a large list of these given?
(52) What will be now given? Among whom did direct Ransom denials arise, first of all? What other doctrine subversive of the Ransom did they accept? How did they regard Jesus' work for men? What other errors did they later accept? In what did this result? Who were the Ebionites? How did they deny the Ransom? By what teaching? What other group of professed Christians directly denied the Ransom at that time? On what grounds? What class of people introduced another indirect Ransom denial? Through what three doctrines? Who led the way as to two of these doctrines? How so? What in later epochs was done with these two doctrines? Who gave the first impetus to trinitarianism? How? Who invented the theory of the Son's consubstantiality with the Father? Who that of their equality? How were matters carried forward as to the Holy Spirit as the third person of the trinity? What was done with these three and related doctrines later in the Interim? When did they receive their completion?
(53) What two anti-Ransom systems arose during the Smyrna period? In what time order? What kind of a
part in the early Interim did these play? Of what was Gnosticism compounded? What did it teach as to the being and work of the Supreme God? What did they teach of Demiurg? What mistake did he make? What, according to Gnosticism, is the character of matter? Of what did he make man? Since when did spirit and matter exist, according to Gnosticism? What teaching resulted therefrom? In what does Demiurg's mistake result? By what, according to Gnosticism, is the deliverance of man's spirit from the matter of his body to be effected? How does it group mankind? What is its teachings as to the destiny of these classes of men? What is its great task? How in addition to gnosis does it teach that matter is to be gotten rid of? What were some of the methods thereto? What did some Gnostics teach was the way to overcome matter? What existed among them? How widely were they distributed?
(54) What was the character of their salvation doctrine? What necessarily followed therefrom? Of what was also their doctrine of Christ subversive? To whom was gnosis impossible? Why? What did he, accordingly, do? What kinds of Christs and Jesuses did Gnostics have? What was their doctrine of the heavenly and earthly Jesus? How were they combined? What resulted therefrom? What was His mission? What kind of a body did they teach Jesus took? Why? What did they teach of His death? What kind of a Savior did they make of Him? What kind did they not make of Him? Who, according to them, saves the soulical? What does He therein affect? How did Gnosticism affect the Smyrna Church? By whom was it given death blows? When did it die? In what was it resuscitated? Who overthrew its resuscitated form?
(55) What is typed in v. 32 by the people's arising? Their gathering the quails 36 hours? How does the number 36 type this? What else suggests the great evil of the No-Ransomers? What is typed by the people's gathering the quails? In what application? What did this require? How was this done in the Jewish Harvest? The Gospel Harvest? What illustrations prove this? How was this done in the Interim? What illustrations prove this? What is symbolized by the least gathering 10 homers? What did the 10 homers symbolize? What does this mean for all three applications, especially for the Interim's and
the Parousia's? What is typed by the people's spreading the quails round about the camp? For themselves?
(56) What is typed by the Lord's wrath striking in a plague before the flesh was chewed, but while in the mouth? What things does a literal plague effect in its victims? What do these four things type? How do Gnosticism's errors suggest this as to the mental conditions? Its conduct as to heart conditions? What has the observation of most of us as to these effects of No Ransom's plague been? What has personal contact with No-Ransomers revealed on this head? What sifters does 2 Tim. 3: 1-9 describe? Whom, among others, does it describe, and that most emphatically? What two things does 2 Tim. 3: 19 give us of the No-Ransomer sifters? What qualities does this Scripture ascribe to them? What prayer could fittingly be uttered thereover?
(57) What is typed by the plague survivors calling the burial place of the plague-destroyed lusters Kibrothhattaavah? What was in reality that condition of the lusters? How was this the case with No-Ransomer crown-possessors? Losers? Youthful Worthies (in the Parousia)? Tentatively justified? Campers? How did these burials affect the survivors, type and antitype? How do many of us know both kinds of such sorrows? According to Lev. 10: 6, 7, what three things are forbidden the typical and antitypical priesthood? What is the first of these, type and antitype? The second? The third? What is typed by the people's journeying away from Kibrothhattaavah? By their progress toward Hazeroth? What is typed by their abiding at Hazeroth? What will show this? How is this thought gotten from the word Hazeroth?
(58) What does our present study end? What, among other things, have we thereby learned? What will further typical studies show us? What, for the most part, does Church history as written by ordinary Church historians record? Of what do they give us but little? To what do the types refer in this respect? In what does an understanding of them lead? What three things does this knowledge enable us to do? How does the learning of these three things stand related to the purpose of our typical studies, especially those of Numbers? What will be our blessing from such studies? What prayer would be appropriate in this connection?