Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
the books of the New Testament? On the canon, text, books and circulation of the New Testament? On the canon and books of the New Testament? On the canon, text, books and circulation of the whole Bible? What is their character? What do we here do with higher-critical books? What is the second branch of exegetical knowledge? What is the character of Parousaic commentaries? What is the ablest on the Old Testament? The New Testament? How many commentaries on the whole Bible are mentioned? How many other commentaries on the whole New Testament are mentioned? How many writers prepared the best commentaries on separate Bible books? What is said of Schaff's revision and translation of Lange's Bible Commentary?
(12) What is the third branch of exegetical knowledge? What are its three kinds? How many harmonies of Old Testament histories are mentioned? New Testament histories? Interwoven accounts? Interweavings of Acts and the Epistles? Of Greek Gospel harmonies? Wherein do we find reference passages? What has Johns furnished? Baxters? What may be said of this? What is here said of The Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge? What are the two chief Bible indexes of this period? In editions of what kind of Bibles are such indexes found? What two other Bible indexes are mentioned? How may we sum up this paragraph?
(13) What is the third general branch of Bible knowledge? What existed as to it during the Parousia? What is the first department of this branch of knowledge? Why do we call Church history and biography Bible knowledge? How many were the main workers in Bible history? What did they produce? What appeared under the general editorship of J. S. Exell? In what field of Bible biography was the best work done? At least how many lives of Christ appeared during the Parousia? What are some of the ablest? What are some of the ablest Parousia lives of St. Paul? What other New Testament biographies have we? What can be said of the number of writers of Church history? Of writers on its epochs? Of Church biographers, especially biographers of star-members?
(14) What is the second department of Biblical historical knowledge? Why was not much spying on chronology done during the Parousia? What kind of beneficial
spying was then done thereon? Who especially did profitable spying on chronology in this time? Who else did some good work on chronology during the Parousia? Of what does Biblical and Church archeology treat? What kind of work has been done in this line? How was much of this information gotten? Who were some of the chief Parousia archeologists? What is the fourth department of Biblical historical knowledge? How did it fare during the Parousia? Who were some of the leaders in this branch of work? What have the last two paragraphs shown to be a fact on pertinent historical matters? In what sense do we use the word history in this connection?
(15) What is the fourth sphere of Bible knowledge and its Spirit? What are its three branches? Why has this period been one of especial apologetical activity? Who are some of the main investigators in the field of general apologetics? Opponents of evolution? Of higher criticism? Who were especially fruitful in the field of historical proofs of the Bible's veracity?
(16) What were mainly the limits in good work on the part of the dogmatician spies? Wherein is their work usually erroneous? Who were some of the main representatives of the doctrinal spies? What is said of Weiss, Zahn, Koenig and Westcott? Who were some of the main representatives of the ethical spies? How did they compare with the doctrinal spies as to Truth and error? What kind of books treat in one work of many branches of knowledge belonging to the sphere of the Truth and its Spirit? What were many of their contributors? Who was the greatest and most fruitful of all individual spies? What did he furnish? In what six particular branches was he supreme? Despite his not being a Hebrew and Greek scholar, what was the character of some of his definitions of Hebrew and Greek words? His correction of mistranslations? Who else were among the antitypical spies? What have we done briefly in paragraphs 8 to 16?
(17) From what standpoint did we point out the work of the antitypical spies? And not from what standpoint? Despite this, what are we to understand as to participation in the spy work? With but five exceptions, spy members of what three denominations did we not mention? What does this not mean? Why were such not mentioned above? Where and in what work was the best
Romanist spy work done? Describe this set of encyclopedias somewhat? What other Romanists did some good spying? What can be said of the Greek Catholic spies? What denominational spies, and in what order, did the best and ablest spy work? With what exception? How?
(18) What kind of treatment have we given vs. 3-16? What is typed by the change of Joshua's name? Who sent out the antitypical spies How did He do it? What is typed by surmounting the mountain just north of Kadesh-barnea? How are we to understand, and not to understand the word negeb, mistranslated southward in the A. V.? Why? What is typed by the spies' entering Canaan from its southern end? What is typed by their seeing what the land is? By their seeing the people that dwell therein generally? Particularly; as to their mentioned qualities?
(19) From what particular standpoints were they to study the sphere of the Truth and its Spirit? What else did He charge them to search out? What about them in particular? From what other standpoints were they to search out the sphere of the Truth and its Spirit? What is typed by Canaan's wood or trees? To what did our Lord exhort the antitypical spies? What did He charge them to bring back with them? In connection with what will the antitypical fruits be explained? What is typed by the spies' going out at the time of the first ripe grapes? How do we come to this conclusion? How do the facts of the beginnings of the Jewish and Gospel Harvests corroborate this?
(20) In what way did the Parousia spies execute their commission? What is typed by searching the land from the wilderness of Zin to Rehob and the entrance to Hamath? By what can we recognize the thoroughness of the antitypical search? Where did it start? What is meant and typed by Hebron, Ahiman, Sheshai, Talmai and Anak, and the first three giants living at Hebron? By Hebron's being seven years older than Zoan of Egypt?
(21) In their Truth study to what did the spies advance? How is this typed? What did they gather by this study? What was the quality of this work? Who especially took part therein? Who more especially? What is typed by carrying the cluster of grapes on a staff between two? What was the antitypical cluster of grapes? More especially which, according to Gal. 5: 22, 23 and 2 Pet. 1: 5-7?
As whose graces did the spies describe these? What is typed by the spies' getting the pomegranates? The figs? Who especially brought back the antitypical clusters, pomegranates and figs? What is typed by the repetition of the allusion to the brook of Eschol and the cluster of grapes? With what does this stand in contrast?
(22) After the antitypical spying, what was done by the antitypical spies? How long was this work continued? From what two general reasons do we know this? By doing what can we see this to be true? How did the World War put an end to the spying and reporting? What do we conclude from these facts?
(23) Against what natural mistake should we be on guard? Why is this a mistake? What was the period of writing the works mentioned in pars. 8-17? What remark is here repeated? When were our Pastor's main works produced and published? What may be said of his Towers and sermons after 1914? Of what did his new finds consist, and to what did they belong? What do the facts prove as to the time of giving the antitypical reports? What is a somewhat parallel wording? How are we to understand the report at the end of the forty days?
(24) To whom did the antitypical spies report? How is this typed? How did they do it? When did they do it? How is this typed? What proves this to have been done in those ways? What did these lectures and publications contain? What does the repetition of the statement that the spies reported to Moses type? How did they report matters to our Lord? What did their findings prove emphatically of the spheres of the Truth and its Spirit? How is this typed? What else did their writings display?
(25) What is the contrast between vs. 26, 27; Deut. 1: 25 and vs. 28, 29? What was the character of the reports therein contained? Only after what did the ten spies misrepresent and exaggerate things? How did these matters stand with the antitypical spies? What do the peoples of Canaan type? What does remembering the antitypical fact help us to understand? What quality of these evils was truly reported? How is this typed? What do our experiences prove on this point? What are typed by the walled cities? What are the antitypical walls? What is the quality of this part of the antitypical report? What makes matters worse for us? How is this typed?
(26) What do the Amalekites type, in themselves and
in their location? What are some of its forms? What do the Hittites type, in themselves and in their location? What are some of its forms? What do the Jebusites type, in themselves and in their location? What are some of its forms? What do the Amorites type, in themselves and in their location? What do the Canaanites type, in themselves and in their location? In what respects did the antitypical spies report well? Truly?
(27) From v. 30 onward whom did Caleb type? Before this? What did the Little Flock note in the people during the delivery of the report? What did it thereupon do? By what is this typed? What does fear hinder? What did the Little Flock not attempt? Why not? How is this typed? What did it stress? Why? What did it urge? How are these things typed? What is typed by the second part of Caleb's speech? By what three considerations did the Little Flock prove these thoughts true to the people? Accordingly, how can our Canaan be dispossessed of our enemies and be occupied by us? What did the Little Flock certainly do in this matter? How is this typed by Caleb?
(28) What did the spies, type and antitype, now do? What did they claim? What led to the ten antitypical spies' contradicting antitypical Caleb? What was their confusion as to faith-justification and the high calling? What is the truth as to their relations and contrasts? What other doctrine contributed to their misrepresenting the sphere of the Truth and its Spirit? How are their positions to be refuted?
(29) What does our natural depravity prevent our doing for ourselves? Hence how are we justified? What empowers the justified Spirit-begotten people of God? Unto what? What did the false doctrines of the ten antitypical spies prompt them to do? In justification of their course, what did they allege? How and what did they fight? On what grounds? Into what were they led by their combativeness? What was their first falsehood? How is this typed? What did they thereby misrepresent? What things in the Truth people did they mistake as proofs of their misrepresentations of the antitypical land?
(30) What was their second falsehood? By what was this falsehood typed? On what was the antitypical falsehood based? What is the refutation of the involved falsehood? What fact proves their pertinent teaching to be false? What typical fact? What was the third typical
falsehood? What did the antediluvian giants type? What did this third antitypical falsehood imply? What did they grossly exaggerate? How is this typed? What should they have said? As a result of their omissions and commissions, what did they do to the antitypical land? What pertinent knowledge do those of us who shared the Parousia privileges have? Who were some of these mis-representers and exaggerators? In fact, who all were guilty of these two evils? What should make us wary of such? Of whom else should we be wary? Why?
(31) What effect did the misrepresentations of the antitypical ten spies have? What quality in the people produced this effect? What did it make them forget? What did this fear cause them to do? What did this effect make them do? How is this typed? What did they resent? What did they fear? How long did their mourning persist? How is this typed? What did their rage prompt them to do? Even to what extreme did their unbelief and fear move them? How is this typed? How universal was this condition?
(32) Whom did they consequently blame? For what? How is this typed? What did they consider in their hearts? To what did such thoughts influence them? By what did they do this? How is this typed? What varying degrees as to this were present in the people? What were the main ways in which they agitated for making a captain to return them to symbolic Egypt? In what three spheres? What were some of the sought captains? How is this typed? What was not selected, though sought? How is this typed? In what other ways was it sought to go back to symbolic Egypt?
(33) What effect did the people's course have on our Lord? As what? How is this typed? How did He do this? How is this typed? What did our Lord and the Church seek to do to the people? How is this typed? Where else is this also typed? Who can testify to their grief? In whom was this grief? How did they praise the antitypical land? How is this typed? How did they assert this? How is this typed? What was necessary for the antitypical conquest, according to the Church's assurance? How is this typed? What would be against their success in the war? How is this typed? To what two classes did they give this assurance? How did they place
themselves in relation to the people? How is this typed?
(34) Against what did the Little Flock plead? How is this typed? How was the rebellion possible? How did they assure the people of victory? How is this typed? What would insure their enemies' defeat? How is this typed? What is the best thing in their assurance of victory? How is this typed? What did this assurance promise? Despite what? What will a view of our Parousia experiences on this head show us? What antitype did we thereby fulfil? Whose activity also do we see in this?
(35) What kind of a reception did our Lord's and the Church's pertinent activities meet? Why? What kind of persons attacked them? How is this typed? Why was no stoning done, type and antitype? What types the Truth refutations made by our Lord and the Church? What considerations prove this? How did this glory appear on Christ and the Church?
(36) Why were the people unbelieving and fearful? In what did this culminate? How did this affect God? By what two questions did He indicate it? How is this typed? How and how long had God borne with them? Why did He cease from such forbearing? To what degree did He, and did He not forbear? What induced Him to modify His forbearance? How is this typed? What two courses were open to Him in the premises? How is this typed? Which did He prefer? What induced Him to yield His preference? What seems to be the threatened pestilence? What would it have effected? How is this typed?
(37) What is typed in vs. 13-19? How many kinds of deliverance from antitypical Egypt are there? What are they? Where does each belong? Why is the first kind here meant? Additionally, what kind of a deliverance has operated during the entire Age, and will to its end? What would the antitypical camp and the heathen have charged had God executed His first alternative? How would these antitypical Egyptians have told this to the evils infesting antitypical Canaan? What had these evils already experienced? From their being considered in what aspects? To what five things were these defeats due?
(38) Had God realized the first alternative, what boast would the evils have enacted? Despite what fact? Despite what even, would they have enacted this boasting? For
what did our Lord, therefore, pray? How is this typed? On what did He ground His prayer? How is this typed? What did He not ask God to set aside? How did He ask Him to exercise it? How is this typed? For what, accordingly, did He not pray? For what did He pray? How are these things typed? Upon what did He, accordingly, seize? How is this typed? What is His character as an Intercessor? How is this typed? How did He end His intercession? What kind of an Intercessor is our Lord? How is this typed? To what should this lead us?
(39) What did our Lord's intercession achieve? Only to what degree did it prevail? To what did it not prevail? What proves this answer? What two things prove that the forgiveness was of that only which would have completely cut off antitypical Israel from all favor? For what did our Lord not ask? For what did He ask? What proves this? What does v. 19 show on this point? How are these facts typed?
(40) How had God hitherto forgiven His people? What was not forgiven them? What proves this in type and antitype? What conclusion do we draw from these things? When were the punishments inflicted? What do these considerations enable us to see? How may it be stated in other words? Toward whom does this principle show itself in operation as to wilfulness's? How are we, and how are we not to understand the above-mentioned forgiveness of the unjustified?
(41) What is the greatest objection of non-Truth people to the sphere of the Truth? How do they express it? To what did this objection give God an occasion? How did God give the pertinent assurance? To what does the oath of v. 21 allude? Why does it prove restitution? Of what is this teaching a proof? Why so?
(42) Wherein is it typically shown that antitypical Israel's sins were not fully forgiven? With guilt of what sin does, God charge them? Despite what? What is meant by the tenfold provocation? What were the main sins leading to this provocation? For what two reasons does God justly blame the Parousia ten tribes of the guilt of the ten denominational groups from their beginnings? Wherein do we see Him acting on the same principle?
In what is the charge concentrated? In other words, of what does He accuse them? What does this prove? What results, as to Christ's intercession and the punishment?
(43) What does God solemnly affirm? What else does the pertinent passage affirm? What resulted? How should the last clause of v. 23 be rendered? So rendered, what does it teach? Why could they not enter in? How is this shown in Heb. 3 and 4? What assurance does v: 24 give? Why this for antitypical Caleb? What did that spirit produce? What did fully following God include? Who are meant by antitypical Caleb's seed? How differentiate between the Little Flock as mother and as seed?
(44) How are we to explain the omission of mention of antitypical Joshua in this verse? What did God therein promise? Through whom and what did He utter this promise in the Parousia? In what sense did antitypical Caleb go into the land? Who dwelt nigh unto antitypical Israel during the Parousia murmuring? What is meant by this? To what was antitypical Israel sentenced? To what did the two mentioned failures lead? Who succeeds and who fails to enter antitypical Canaan? How are the latter typed? What does the "tomorrow" of v. 25 represent? What is typed by the wandering by the way of the Red Sea?
(45) What is set forth typically in vs. 26-37? To whom did He first express it? What does it indicate? What had He directed to the antitypical murmuring? Against what two things was it expressed? What in all solemnity did-God charge Jesus to tell antitypical Israel in the Parousia? What would happen to them? In what two ways did the falls occur? How do the cited passages respectively prove these two ways of falling? Who would thus fall? How is this typed? Who are included in this fall? How is this typed? Of what is there no doubt? Despite what fact? How can the oath-bound promise made to them be harmonized with His swearing not to bring them into the land? Who only enter the land? How does the meaning of the name of Caleb's father prove antitypically that the promise was made to him while in the flesh? The meaning of the name of Joshua's father
prove antitypically that the promise was made to our Lord while He was in the flesh?
(46) Who especially of the Parousia called ones win antitypical Canaan? How is this typed? What did the older ones fear of these? How is this typed? What did they do as to the standard of overcoming? How is this typed? Who especially did this? In what respects? In direct contradiction, what did God say thereon? How is this typed? How did the fallen ones feel toward the sphere of the Truth and of its Spirit? How is this typed? Through whom did God declare this of them? How is this typed? What is meant by their despising it? What will a review of the Parousia bring to mind as to this matter? What were they told by God? By and through whom? In what classes? How are the matters of the last three questions typed?
(47) What did the immature ones inherit as a result of the sentence? How is this typed? How long has the Epiphany wandering gone on? How has it been found to be? What have these hard experiences aroused in our hearts? For what sins are these evils suffered? How is this typed? How long, according to the Divine Will, are these evils to be suffered? How is this typed? Of what are we witnesses? What are some of the classes involved in the fallings? When did they begin? In what were they manifested? Who witnessed and witness these fallings? When? Where? In what ways does the resultant havoc appear? What contrast will make the fallings clear?
(48) What do 40 days and 40 years symbolize Biblically? What are some proofs of this? What two things do vs. 33 and 34 teach? What was there in both Harvests? By what were they followed? What was the first of these? The second? Why was the first period one of 1845 years and the second not one of 1845 years, and yet both antitypes of the 40 years in the literal wilderness?
(49) Why was the second period one of 40 years? On what three scales are the five Gospel-Age siftings being reenacted? With what does the Gospel-Age proper begin for these three miniatures? What do we have in each of these three miniatures? How are they harmonized with the thought of the sixth, the revolutionism, sifting? What have these three sets of five siftings in common? What do these three reasons satisfactorily explain? What
are alike as to the duration in the Parousia and in the Epiphany? What is done in the Hebrew with the expression translated, "each day for a year?" What does this not mean? Why not? What does it mean? What have we experienced in the Epiphany? How is this typed? What had we expected for 1914? What is the character of this experience? The Parousia experience? What have been largely our experiences in the Epiphany? What in these experiences have we been bearing?
(50) What does God repeat in v. 35? What does He add thereto? Why so in both cases? What are the A.V.'s and Dr. Young's renderings for the first clause of v. 35? What does Dr. Young's translation add to the sentence above that of the A.V.? What should be said of the A.V.'s rendering of v. 35's second clause? What do we see as to the type? As to both fulfillments of the first set of antitypes? Of the second set of antitypes? Excepting the eventual Little Flock, what was the character of the whole Parousia congregation? What did it do against the Lord? In connection with what? Except the faithful, what must it undergo by the end of the Epiphany? Where? What did God next do in the Parousia? In what ways did the antitypical ten spies bring a slander upon the Truth and its Spirit? What made them all the more responsible? As to whom? Despite their high privileges, what evil things did they accomplish? What would happen to them? When? By what? What do we find in v. 37? What is the antitype of this? How did the antitypical ten spies die? What was in all cases the antitypical plague? With what was it connected? What did it effect in the antitypical ten spies? Who passed safely through the plague?
(51) What did Jesus do with the messages of vs. 20-25, 26-38? Of what is there no certainty on these messages? What should we not be on the subject? How is this typed? What should suffice us? What does this instance, among many, prove? How did Jesus not, and how did He tell these things to the involved classes? In what degrees of uses of these? How did this telling begin, proceed and come to a climax?
(52) What at first sight seems inconsistent with the picture? Why so? What decides the matter? How is it harmonized? What examples clarify this point? At their
manifestation what occurred? What similarity is there between the going forth of the antitypical message and the antitypical mourning? How did it begin and proceed? In what will it reach its climax? What features other than sorrow has the antitypical mourning had? When will this reach a climax?
(53) Despite what, when will occur the antitype of the scene in vs. 40-45? When did it start? Wherein? Who join in this? When and where did it start among Truth Levites? Spread? What is characteristic of all of these starters? How do practically all worldly and religious movements of the Epiphany stand related to this purpose? Of what are these the antitype? How are these things typed? What is the antitype of the people's rising up early in the morning? Of mounting the hill? Their saying, Behold us? On what were they determined? How is this typed? Of what were they over-confident? How is this typed? Despite what did they pursue this course? How is this typed? While they were so engaged, who remonstrated? Through whom? How is this typed? Against what and whom were protests, sounded out? By whom? Against what else have similar protests gone out? Why? In what relations? What did the Priesthood in all cases forecast? How were these things typed?
(54) What was their outcry? To whom? What reason did they give? How were these things typed? With what warning did they caution the presumptuous? How was this typed? What were the enemies, type and antitype? With what would they be smitten? Why? How is this typed? What is the difference between the antitypical sword and the antitypical Amalekites, Canaanites and Amorites? Despite this warning, what was done? In what spheres? How is this typed? What and who did not cooperate therein? How is this typed? What was the result of this presumption? How was it typed? By what was and is the defeat inflicted? How is this typed? Wherein are such defeats experienced? How is this typed? What other enemy, not typed as such here, animated their whole course? How is this typed? What is yet during the Epiphany to be expected? What will the people's resultant grief, on learning their fallen condition, not avail to change?