Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
did he perform this? How was his charge as to this Altar exercised by him, positively and negatively, as an executive? What did the golden altar represent? What did the priest offering the incense represent? How did our Pastor as teacher exercise his charge of the antitypical Golden Altar? How as executive?
(22) What does the laver type? Its base and shaft? Its bowl? What does its water type? What is meant by our Pastor's executive charge of the Bible? What did this charge require that he direct? What did his teaching charge of it imply? What do facts prove respecting these two activities of his toward it? How can his pertinent acts be used in disproof of the claims that the Pseudepigraphs like book of Enoch, and the Apocrypha are inspired? If they were inspired what would he have done with them? What three things on this head disprove their inspiration?
(23) What does the lampstand type? How did our Pastor discharge his teaching office as to the antitypical Lampstand? How did he fulfill his executive charge toward it? What does the table of shewbread type? What does this mean? What did our Pastor's teaching charge as to it imply? In what ways did he fulfill this charge? In what ways did he fulfill his executive charge toward it?
(24) What did the chest part of the ark type? What did its propitiatory, cherubim and the light radiating from the shekinah type? What did the shekinah type? What did our Pastor's teaching charge as to the chest of the ark require him to do? His executive charge of it? What did his teaching charge as to the rest of the ark require him to do? His executive charge of it?
(25) What was Eleazar's seventh and final charge? What did this imply as to his relations to the Kohathites? Why was such a relation not an eighth charge of Eleazar? What does a comparison of Num. 3: 32 and 4: 28, 33 prove of Eleazar's charge toward the Kohathites? How does it prove this? What does this imply as to his Gospel-harvest antitype in that Harvest and in the Millennium? How did the latter discharge his pertinent teaching and executive functions? What did the censers, chargers, cups, bowls and spoons type? How did our Pastor fulfill his executive charge toward the antitypical
censers? His teaching charge? His teaching charge as to the antitypical chargers, cups, bowls and spoons? His executive charge toward them?
(26) What two office functions did our Pastor, according to Matt. 24: 45-47 and Luke 12: 42-46, have? In what seven respects did he exercise them as the Gospel-harvest Eleazar? What does his exercise of these two functions in these seven respects conclusively prove of him? What exclusiveness is thus proven of his office? What else proves this? What do deniers of this do with fulfilled prophecy? What must, therefore, be the condition of their symbolic eyes? What does such denial prove of those who once saw this truth? To what does such denial expose them? How should the proper view of him not be regarded? Why not? What illustrates this? Why did our Lord have to have some one in the Parousia as such a hand, eye and mouth? How does the Eleazar type show that our Lord would have such a special representative? What results from this?
(27) What interesting conclusion is suggested by the thought relation of Num: 4: 16 and Matt. 24: 45-47; Luke 12: 42-46? In what second way could He have gotten this thought? In what third and fourth ways could He have gotten it? Why is it more probable that He got it from Num. 4: 16?
(28) What practical reflection should we draw from this study? What two conclusions should not be drawn from this lesson? Why not? What does this reflection imply as to our approach to his teachings and arrangements? Against what evil would this safeguard us? To what good would it lead us? To what other good would it lead us? What would this not mean as to Great-Company-developing truths? Why not? How much of such truths had he given by Oct. 31, 1916? From what evil and into what good would such an attitude further lead us? What will attest the truthfulness of this thought? What exhortation springs out of this study? What should re-enforce it for each of us?
(29) What will be our next study? Where have its main items been presented? What briefly is the setting of this story? How was the fifth sifting started? Whom does Korah type? His 250 associated Levites? What did
these do during that sifting? What is typed by the fire destroying Korah and his band?
(30) Over what was the involved controversy? What was drawn into it? Why not? Why? What were the effects of these two misrepresentations? What actually did the deceived ones do? How did their deceivers stand and do therein? What were the results to the deceivers and the deceived? What are the New Creatures of these deceived ones now? How does Num. 26: 11 prove this? What did the deceivers' censers type? Whence came Aaron's and the deceivers' fire? What do coals from the altar type? Their heat? How do the cited Scriptures prove this? What does the unburnt incense type? Its burning and resultant perfume? The strange fire of Korah and his band? Its heat? Their incense as spices and perfume? After awhile what did they type? Why?
(31) What is typed by Moses' charge to Eleazar to take up the censers? What did the sifters use, or misuse? What case illustrates this? What other two cases? What did our Pastor do with these passages? What is typed by the charge to scatter the fire? By Eleazar's scattering the fire? How did Bro. Russell respond to the antitypical charge? What is typed by Eleazar's taking up the censers out of the burning? What was done with his main pertinent articles?
(32) How often does the A. V. speak of these censers as being hallowed? What should be said on this and the proper translation? What is the proper translation of parts of v. 37 and the whole of v. 38? What two facts disprove the A. V.'s rendering of the pertinent word? What was the antitypical hallowing? Why is this true? Additional to the proof that v. 35 gives that the sifters were Second Deather, how does v. 38 prove it? Not only who, but who else were charged to hallow, offer and make the censers beaten plates? What does this type? In what two verses is the typical proof given? How? Accordingly, what did our Pastor receive from certain brothers? How did his and their work therein compare?
(33) What would be well before going further into this feature of our subject? What does the brazen altar type? In what capacity? How is this typed? What, accordingly, is typed by beating the censers into plates for a covering
of the altar? What was early in the controversy recognized? What would result from a proof of this point? What was the crux of the controversy? What was, accordingly, done with it? How is this emphasized in the type? What, again, was the antitype of beating the censers into plates for a covering of the altar?
(34) What does the hallowing of the censers type? Their offering to the Lord? According to the text, who chiefly, though not alone, acted therein? What does this type? How is it proved? What was Bro. Barton's part therein? How is this typed in 2 Sam. 23: 11, 12? What was another brother's part therein, as typed in 1 Chron. 11: 1214? What do David's two wars with the Philistines type? How is this other brother's encounter with M.A. McPhail before part of the Chicago Church typed in 1 Chron. 20: 6, 7? Bro. MacMillan's with A. E. Williamson before the Altoona Church in 1 Chron. 20: 4? Bro. Crawford's with E. C. Henninges in 1 Chron. 20: 5? Whose part far overshadowed the part of these four brothers? How is this shown? Who else, not expressly pointed out, shared in making the antitypical beaten plates? As a controversialist how does Bro. Russell appear in this controversy? Despite what in his anti-typing Jashobeam's feats? How is his prowess as that Servant in the 1908-1911 controversy in his capacity as a warrior typed in 1 Chron. 11: 13, 14? Who was associated with him therein? How does the meaning of the word Pasdammim show that the Sin-offerings controversy is typed in this passage?
(35) What do vs. 38, 40 type positively and negatively? Who only, as a rule, could properly set forth new truths? Exceptionally, who else could do so? How is this proven? What would be the character and result of others' attempting it? What question does this raise? How should it be answered? What should be said of this course? Of the contrary course? What is now being widely done with the antitypical "sign and memorial"? By whom? In what way? What in this connection may be said of the pertinent sifting leaders' course on this matter?
(36) How did our Pastor conduct himself in this controversy? Amid what circumstances? What effect on us as to him will a proper consideration of his involved course have? Why? With what was his loyalty therein
rewarded by the Lord? What may we do at every memory of him?
(37) How many years has it been since our Pastor went beyond the vail? What has been the author's custom for his anniversary? On what will our present study be based? What were the sixth-hour sifters? Where is this sifting typically set forth? What proves this? What use does the Bible make of its localities? What are some examples of these? What are we to conclude of Shittim from the typical setting of Num. 25? What does Shittim mean? Of what are trees symbolic? What do the acacia trees here symbolize? What is typed by Israel's abiding in Shittim? Of what did some of God's people become guilty at antitypical Shittim? What types this?
(38) What does combinationism mean? By what do the consecrated become guilty of it? Give some illustrations of this. By what do the justified become guilty of it? By what does the camp become guilty of it? How else may they become guilty of it? What are some further examples of combinationism? From the Gospel Harvest's standpoint what does Israel's fornication at Shittim type? In connection with what Parliament did this occur? How was this evil committed among Truth people? Who were the leaders of it among Truth people? What sifting did they lead? Who were the organizing leaders of a world religion movement? What was one of their products? What was a second combinationistic movement (in 1893)? What was a third combinationistic movement (in 1894)? Who were the respective leaders? To what did their activities lead in 12 years? To what did the Open and Institutional Church League lead by 1895? What do the foregoing facts prove? By what are these movements typed?
(39) What do the daughters of Moab in this story type? What does their calling upon the Israelitish men to sacrifice type? What are the main teachings that constitute the antitypical daughters of Moab? How did these doctrines invite the men of antitypical Israel to serve combinationism? What is typed by Israel's being joined to Baal-peor? What was the effect of this on God, type and antitype?
(40) In type and antitype who were the more guilty?
How did God accordingly deal with them? What does hanging type? What two illustrations suggest this thought? What is typed by God's charge to Moses to have the leaders hanged before Him against the sun? How did our Lord do this through some of His people who were in the nominal church? What are the names of some of the foremost of these? Through whom did He mainly do it? Through whom did He especially do it? Where especially were the leaders of combinationism typically hanged? What are the names of these leaders so hanged? What resulted from their hanging?
(41) What is typed by Moses' charging each of the judges to kill all the guilty in his jurisdiction? By what pen products did Bro. Russell especially do his part of such refuting? How did the pilgrims do their part therein? Where is Bro. Russell's part therein typically set forth? How does this fact stand related to the basis of our present study? Who are typed by the Israelite who brought the Midianitish woman before his brethren? What is typed by his bringing her before his brethren? What does she type? What does this error effect? How does the Bible set forth Christianity in relation to other religions? Upon what is this teaching pivoted? How do the cited Scriptures show this? How does this teaching stand related to the chief error of combinationism's errors? Why so? What does this error do with Christ's sole Saviorhood? With Him in His pertinent claims?
(42) What is typed by the Israelite's publicly bringing the Midianitish woman? What is typed by the sin of Baal-peor distressing Moses and the real Israelites? What does the name Phinehas mean? How do we get the thought that he types for the Gospel Harvest that Servant as the chief Underpriest on earth? From what standpoint does Phinehas (brazen mouth) type our Pastor? What is typed by his seeing the pertinent wrong and by his arising? What is typed by his taking a javelin? Where was the antitypical fornication especially committed? What is typed by Phinehas following the man into his tent? What is typed by Phinehas thrusting both through? During what act of theirs? What is typed by Phinehas thrusting her through her genitals? What did our Pastor's article do with these errors? What is typed
by Phinehas' deed staying the plague? How did the antitypical staying of the plague progress?
(43) In what three publications especially did our Pastor attack combinationism? Against what two manifestations of it were his attacks chiefly directed? Of what character were these attacks? What conditions made it so? With what kind of a courage did our Pastor attack combinationism? How did he handle it? How do these remarks stand related to his attacks on the 1894 conspirators? How did the conspirators disparage these attacks? Like whom did they thereby act? What effect did these charges have on him? What did he say and do as to the conspiring leaders?
(44) How many perished in the plague for the sin at Baal-peor? How does this number compare with those who perished in the other Israelitish plagues in the wilderness? What does this type? What is a symbolic plague? What did God express for Phinehas' act? What does this type? By what was the plague stayed among Truth people? Describe these two pen products further. Who were the sifting leaders among Truth people in connection with combinationism? What conclusion may we draw from the statement that Phinehas' zeal prevented all Israel's dying from plague?
(45) How was Phinehas, type and antitype, rewarded? What shows this reward in antitypical Phinehas' case? What report did he make the day before his death? What form of fulfilment did the promise of prosperity take in type and antitype? How and when was the pertinent announcement made? How are the prosperity and continuity of his ministry promised? What was the character of the public announcement, type and antitype?
(46) Who else fought the combinationists? How did God reward her therefore? What exceptional use did He thereby make of her? To whom did she first tell this? How did he at first react to it? Later? What did he then do about it privately? Publicly? Where are these public statements found? In what did Jesus and he not see any wrong? What are we not to conclude from the above? Why not? When and for what was he made that Servant? How long was its knowledge withheld from him? What is the difference between what was given him in 1879 and
in 1894 on this matter? What resulted from the publication of this office?
(47) What does the word Zimri mean? What is the antitypical significance of him and his name? What proves that he represents the combinationistic leaders? What name and relation types their test and failure? What does the word Cozbi mean? What does she, accordingly, type? What does the word Zur mean? What is its antitypical bearing? What is said of him in Num. 31: 8? Of what is the story of Num. 31 a type? What do the five slain Midianite kings type? In what order does Zur occur among them? Why is he the third? What does his fatherhood of Cozbi type? What is typed by his being slain? What is typed by God's charging Moses to vex the Midianites? Where was it fulfilled, type and antitype?
(48) Where have the generalities of our text been set forth? Whose part in the antitype is stressed in that chapter? For what is this study intended? What will it, accordingly, stress in the antitype of this type? What will be omitted here? What will be treated here? What meaning was given for the word Phurah, or Purah, in Vol. V, Chap. IV? Who give this definition? From what verb is this word derived? What two meanings, among others, does the verb paar, or phaar, have? Which of these two meanings is preferable here for the sense of the derived word Phurah, or Purah? Why? What is a scout's main work? How does this fit our Pastor's activities?
(49) Who were the antitypical enemy? What did Jehovah desire for our Lord and our Pastor as to these? What did this move Him to do? Of what was this the antitype? As what did our Pastor act on this tour? What does this mean? Why was he so used? Wherein were these reports specially given? Where else also? How are these related to our text? Quote and explain other pertinent Scriptures. How do these views apply to Babylon's fallen condition? How do even the signs of good apply to them? During what period were these observed? What does this article propose to do as to these? Under what two heads?
(50) What was one of these secular signs of the times? What are some of the vehicles of modern travel? In what does their possession result? What sign is closely related to the preceding one? Along what lines and varieties was this increase of knowledge? In what way did it especially
show itself? What did antitypical Phurah show to be the meaning of these two signs? To what third sign did he frequently refer? What did he do as to Christendom's vices? Poverty? Its poor living and working conditions? Its educational conditions? Its statecraft? What are some of the details of these? What did he give as the meaning of this sign?
(51) What did he do as to Christendom's business? In what three forms? What were some of the abuses that he pointed out? What did antitypical Phurah give as the meaning of this sign? Quote and explain the cited passages.
(52) What was the next sign? In what did it consist? What did these presage? What was the next sign to which he referred? In what two ways did he show favor to be returning to Israel? What motives did he cite for their return? What instrumentalities? What did he frequently report? Quote and explain the Scriptures that he applied to this sign. What other sign did he stress? What particulars did he give thereon? Quote and explain the Scripture that he used for this sign. What significance did he attach to it?
(53) What was the next sign that antitypical Phurah saw and brought to our attention? What great conflict was involved therein? What two forms did it assume? To what did capital resort in this fight? Labor? Who rallied to capital's side? What two social divisions resulted? Who were on each side? To what Scriptures did he refer for this sign? What do they mean? What sign was partly involved in the foregoing? Quote and explain the pertinent passage. What were the forms of this bundling among capitalists? Labor? The social world? Educational world? Political world? In the reform world? What did antitypical Phurah do about this secular sign of the times?
(54) What was the next sign that antitypical Phurah watched and reported? What Scripture led him to look for it? What did he show to exist in the political world? How was this? In the business world? How was this? In the labor world? How was this? In the reform world? In the sociological and educational worlds? In family life? What did antitypical Phurah do with this phenomenon? What final sign did he observe and report? What did this sign imply? In what degree? What were the things that marked the crisis of the French Revolution? What did they
forebode? How do they compare with those observed and reported by antitypical Phurah? What did they presage?
(55) What beside secular signs did antitypical Phurah observe and report? What did these presage? What was the first of these? What Scripture indicated it? What was the next sign indicating Babylon's fall that he observed and reported? What were the forms of its super-naturalistic manifestation? Infidelistic manifestation? Heathen manifestation? What did he do about them? What Scripture bears on this subject? What was the next unfavorable sign seen and reported by him? Wherein were its Godward forms manifest? Manward forms in family and sex life? Social life? Property respects? In matters of reputation? What Scriptures forecast this? How?
(56) What was the next sign seen and reported by antitypical Phurah? How was it made possible? What did its occurrence fulfill? What sign occurred in fulfillment of 2 Tim. 3: 1-9? In what ways did this sign indicate the falling away among the clergy? Among the laity? What sign did he see and report as involving all the Protestant churches? What Scriptures forecast this? How? How did he trace its start? Its full formation? Its receiving life?
(57) What other set of signs did he observe and report? What was the first of these? What Scripture forecast it? What was the next sign? Cite and explain the Scriptures on which he based this sign. What was his twofold relation to this sign? What was the next sign? Quote and explain the Scriptures on which it was based. What features of it did he watch and report? What was the next sign that he watched and reported? Quote and explain the pertinent Scriptures. What about it did he watch and report? What did this sign forebode to the nominal church? Why? What other sign did he watch and report? Quote and explain the pertinent Scripture. What other signs did he so treat?
(58) Who else observed these things? How was this typed? What did they see in these signs? To whom did they go for a clearer explanation? What was the explanation given? What did our Pastor do on this head? What effect did his report have on the Faithful? Why? What does our study prove by the facts that it adduces?