Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing (epiphany) of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13
Levitically unclean meats of the king's table? Why is the story of this antitype given here?
(3) With what kind of an endowment was Bro. Russell born? When did his mother consecrate him, and when train him? What particular could he not recall? Wherein was his zeal early shown? How on one occasion, when he was 16 years old, did this zeal show itself? What two questions did his infidel acquaintance ask him? How did he answer the first? The second? Of what had he not previously thought seriously? What did he do with the second question among his church associates? What report of him spread? To what did this lead? What was the result of the answer given him? What book did they claim taught the absolute predestination of the bulk of the race to eternal torment? Of what did they convince him? To what conclusion did this conviction lead him? How did he express his faith to them? How is this expression related to Daniel's purposing not to defile himself with the portion of the king's meat? How is this true? How long did Bro. Russell maintain his pertinent stand as to God's character being a true test as to revealed religion?
(4) How did his pastor and the elders think of him? How did his viewpoint affect them? Why? What moved them to favor him? What position did he attain when 16 years old? Why was he not content with unbelief in a revealed religion? To what did this move him? With which religion did he commence his search? What story of creation repelled him from the Chinese religion? Why did he reject Hinduism and Buddhism? Mohammedanism? Judaism? What was the effect of the preceding investigations on him temporarily?
(5) With what did his religious disposition not leave him content? What troubled him? What partial solution came to him? What explanation of the neighbor part of the Golden Rule satisfied him? In what did this primarily result? To what did this primarily lead him? Secondarily lead him? To what two things did these studies lead him? What were the results of these? What up to this time was his attitude toward the rest of the New Testament?
(6) What passage became the bridge for him from the
Gospels to the rest of the New Testament? How so? What was the result? To what did this result lead? How? What was the gain of his studies so far? Why? What did he continue to reject? What three things gradually confirmed his faith in the prophets? What was his attitude to the Pentateuch? Why did he take it? How did he overcome this prejudice? What was the result?
(7) What did he continue to do? How? What by 1872 was the general result of his investigations? The 12 particular results? Wherein did he, without mentioning the fact, trace the steps whereby he came out of infidelity into faith in the Bible as God's revelation? Of what are these four years' quest the antitype? What is typed by Daniel's face being fairer and fuller than those of the youths fed from the king's table? What is typed by the steward's permitting Daniel to continue on the pulse diet? What is typed by Daniel's proficiency as a student?
(8) When did the antitypical examination begin? What did Bro. Russell continue to do from 1872 to 1875? What truth became clear to him in October, 1874? To what other truth did this lead him? Wherein did he embody these thoughts? What other thought did he therein embody? What did he call the tract? Why did he write and circulate this tract? How large was its circulation? What is the antitype of Nebuchadnezzar's calling and examining the students? What is typed by the students coming before Nebuchadnezzar? Wherein were Daniel's answers antitypically given? How did these compare with the answers of others? What is typed by Daniel's standing before Nebuchadnezzar? By his answers to questions being ten times better than those given by the students who were nourished from the king's table?
(9) Of what does Dan. 2 treat? What is not our purpose in this article? Why not? What is our purpose? In doing this, what will we omit for space-saving reasons? What should the reader do as to this point? How did our Pastor give the prophetic features of the dream? What do the historical features of Dan. 2 give us additionally? What is the antitypical teaching of this entire chapter? What does Nebuchadnezzar type in this chapter? What is typed by his having the dream? Since when have there been nominal Christians? How did they come to
have this correct view? What is symbolized by the progressive deterioration of the metals in the image? During what was this to last? What would end it? How? Of what is this a brief summary? How long did this Apostles-taught view remain with the people of God?
(10) How did papacy, generally speaking, darken this subject? Particularly speaking, how did it do so? What was the papacy actually in the dream? What was the result on the nominal Christians? Until when did this last? During what period did they begin to antitype Nebuchadnezzar's desiring to know the dream and its interpretation? Who are the antitypical magi? Astrologers? Chaldeans? Soothsayers? What is typed by Nebuchadnezzar's asking these to tell the dream and its interpretation? What is typed by their inability to give the dream and its interpretation? What is typed by the decree to slay Babylon's wise men? By Arioch? By Arioch's starting to kill Babylon's wise men? What was the antitypical result? What is typed by Arioch's seeking Daniel? What is typed by Daniel's tact? By Arioch's telling Daniel of the wise men's situation?
(11) What is typed by Daniel's going to, and obtaining from the king time to consider and answer the matter? By his telling his three friends the situation and asking them to join with him in prayer on the subject? What thing will serve as an illustration of this course in Bro. Russell? Who will recall similar things? What is typed by God's revealing the matter to Daniel? By Daniel's thanksgiving? What is typed by Daniel's desiring Arioch not to continue to kill the wise men? By Arioch's bringing Daniel to the king? Why this in the antitype? What is typed by Nebuchadnezzar's asking Daniel if he could give and interpret the dream? By Daniel's reminding the king of the wise men's inability to answer him? By Daniel's attributing the implied wisdom, not to himself, but to God? By Daniel's telling and interpreting the dream? Wherein did Bro. Russell give the antitypical view? What is typed by the king's promoting Daniel? By Daniel's requesting promotion for his three friends? By his sitting in the king's gate? Especially from what time onward did the antitype set in?
(12) In what events did Daniel not take part? What
has this fact occasioned? Despite the record's silence on the subject, of what may we be certain as to Daniel? Why? What does the antitype prove on this point? Why so? Why is this reason true? What, accordingly, does the antitype make clear? What, among other parts of the book, did Daniel write? What does this type?
(13) What does Nebuchadnezzar do in Dan. 4? How only did Daniel interpret the dream? Where does our Pastor give the antitype of the dream? Of what did he therein not give the antitype? Why is it unnecessary to give the antitype of the dream or of Daniel's interpretation of it? What only will we here give? What does our Pastor give on the antitype? What will in this article engage our attention?
(14) What general view of mankind does the dream represent? Where do we find this view? What two heathen writers have remarkably described it? What is typed by Nebuchadnezzar's asking the wise men for the interpretation? By their failure? By Daniel's coming at the last? By Nebuchadnezzar's telling him his dream? By Daniel's being troubled thereon one hour? By Daniel's saying that the dream was favorable to the king's haters and enemies? By Daniel's interpreting the dream? Wherein did our Pastor give the antitypical meaning?
(15) Of what does Dan. 5 treat? Whereby did our Pastor show that he understood that in this chapter Daniel typed him? How so? What only will be given in the following? Whom does Belshazzar here type? His 1,000 lords? His wives? His concubines? The feast? The golden and silver vessels being in Babylon? The sending for them? Putting Babylon's unclean wine into them? The banqueters drinking the wine therefrom? The finger of a man's hand writing on the wall? The king's seeing it? Wherein was the Divine power manifested?
(16) What is typed by the king's perturbation? By the king's call for the wise men? By his offer of rewards to the interpreter? By his wise men's failure to read and interpret? By the king's and lords' increased fears? Why were symbolic Babylon's wise men unable to read and interpret the signs of the times?
(17) Who were typed by the queen? Why did they have confidence in Bro. Russell as a religious teacher?
How came they to be at the symbolic feast? What did they suggest as antitypical of the queen's suggestion? What is typed by the sending for Daniel? By Daniel's being brought to the king? By the king's telling Daniel of his having heard of his ability to interpret hard things? What was said in type and antitype? What is typed by Daniel's statement as to the promised rewards? By Daniel's readiness to read and interpret the handwriting?
(18) What is typed by Daniel's penitential sermon? By Daniel's allusions to Nebuchadnezzar? As what did these serve in type and antitype? What justified both the typical and antitypical rebuke? With what on this point were our Pastor's writings, sermons and lectures replete? What is typed by Daniel's showing that God's sign was given on account of Belshazzar's, his lords', his wives' and his concubines' sins? What was most fitting as to the sins of the types and antitypes before the reading and interpreting began? What followed in type and antitype?
(19) What is represented by first reading the writing in type and antitype? What is typed by Daniel's giving the interpretation? What is typed by Daniel's explanation of the meaning of MENE? By the kingdom being numbered? Finished? What number is given in the words' numeric value? What does this mean? What is the antitype of the explanation of TEKEL? In what two sets of publications was the antitypical explanation given? Where else? Where especially is this judging process explained? What did this symbolic weighing demonstrate as to Babylon? How was this figuratively shown? What was the result?
(20) What is the antitype of the explanation of PERES? Of what form is this the word? What, accordingly, did this sign first imply? What are the two parts of the division? What was implied in the ever-increasing friction between these two classes? In what would this result? What was the second thing implied in UPHARSIN? In the double successor kingdom of the type? Summarily, what were the three things antitypically implied in these three words? Who without any doubt gave these antitypical explanations? Who failed both to read and interpret them? What is typed by Daniel's being clothed in the purple robe? Receiving the
golden chain about his neck? Being made the third ruler in the kingdom? What is typed by Belshazzar's death that night? By Darius the Mede taking the kingdom?
(21) Of what does Dan. 6 treat? How did our Pastor indicate his thought of the antitype of it? What does Darius in this chapter represent? What does the kingdom here represent? The 120 princes? The three presidents? The 120 princes' rendering account to the three presidents? Why was this required? What was typed by Daniel's being preferred above the other two presidents? Why so in type and antitype? What is typed by Darius' thinking to put Daniel over the whole kingdom? What saying applies in the type and antitype here? What is typed by the two presidents' and 120 princes' trying to fault Daniel in his work and their inability to do so? By their deciding that only on religion could fault be found with Daniel?
(22) What is typed by their drawing up the law of vs. 6, 7? What in practice did such an antitypical law mean? What errors have produced this practice? How so? In what did this result? What became the occasion of our Pastor's enemies' stressing their theory to an extreme? What is typed by the two presidents and the 120 princes coming to Darius to have the decree signed and sealed? What is typed by Darius' signing and sealing it? How was this so with the antitypes? What was Jesus' actual course in the matter?
(23) What oriental theory makes Darius' permitting himself to be worshiped understandable? Where have remnants of this practice appeared in modern times? What effect did this theory produce on the laws of such kingdoms? For what will this account as to the laws of the Medes and Persians? What is typed by Daniel's not permitting the law to change his worshiping customs? By the open window? Its being open toward Jerusalem? By Daniel's doing this on his knees? By his doing this three times a day? By his enemies' spying on him? By their subtly securing the king's admission on the existence and unchangeability of the pertinent law? By Darius' admission?
(24) What does a pit in Biblical symbols mean? How is this exemplified in the cases of Joseph and Benaiah? What, accordingly, is typed by being put into a lion's
den, or pit? What is typed by the plotters' charging Daniel with disobeying the law and disregarding the king? By Darius' seeking to deliver Daniel? What is typed by the insistence of the typical plotters? By their claims of the unchanging legality of the laws? By the king's yielding? By Daniel's being cast into the lions' den? By the king's assuring Daniel that his God would deliver him? By the stone laid on the den's mouth? By the king's sealing the stone?
(25) What were the tongues of the slanderers given? What slanders were spread against Bro. Russell by the 1891-1894 sifters? By Mrs. Russell? Why did she turn against him? Who encouraged her? With what did a third class of slanderers falsely charge him? What did the 19081911 sifters charge falsely against him? What did the Brooklyn Eagle charge against him? What other kinds of slanders were set afloat against him? Of what were these slanders the antitypes? What must have been the character of the trial in type and antitype?
(26) What is typed by the king's fasting, mourning and sleeplessness? What do the 30 days' duration of the typical law seem to type? What seems to indicate the beginning and end of this period? What is typed by Darius' hastening to the lion's den? By his asking Daniel whether his God had been able to deliver him? How did the brethren feel during the long-drawn-out slanderous experiences? What did they fear? Of what was this the antitype? What is typed by Daniel's first answer? What types Bro. Russell's ascribing his deliverance, not to his own new-creaturely strength, but to God's grace? Of what did his deliverance not consist? Of what did it consist? What bad qualities were in this trial overcome by their opposite good qualities? What resulted negatively therefrom to his New Creature? What was the reason for the deliverance in type and antitype? What does Daniel's consciousness that he had done the king on harm type?
(27) What is typed by the king's rejoicing? By the charge to bring Daniel forth from the den? The bringing of Daniel therefrom? When did a change of public sentiment set in with reference to Bro. Russell? What was in part instrumental thereto? To what did this court decision first lead? Afterwards? Who vied with one
another to introduce him to his public audiences? What were the sizes of his public audiences? How was he everywhere regarded? How was he honored by the Panama-Pacific Exhibition directors? How was he everywhere received? What is typed by Daniel's faith stopping the mouths of lions? By Daniel's further promotions? What periods are typed by the rest of the days of Darius', and till the third year of Cyrus' reign?
(28) What is typed by Darius' commanding the plotters, their children and wives, to be thrown into the lions' den? By their being thrown into it? What Scripture had an exemplification in this? What is typed by the lions' having the mastery over these plotters, etc.? By their tearing them to pieces? Before their reaching the bottom of the pit? What does the difference in the way in which Daniel and these fared in the lions' den type? What is typed by Darius' decree following the experiences described in Dan. 6? What will this decree forever manifest? What will be a part of that manifestation? How is this proved? What do the cited passages prove of our Pastor's Millennial position?
(29) What is the difference in contents between Dan. 1—6 and Dan. 7—12? Despite what fact? What is not the design of this chapter? What is its design? How was, and will the design be adhered to? How is this possible? Of what does Dan. 7 mainly consist? How many non-prophetic things does it contain? Of what does it treat? What is typed by Daniel's seeing this vision? Where did Bro. Russell get this indefinite view? What in type and antitype was lacking as to the vision? What is typed by Daniel's asking for and getting an explanation of it from a bystander? What afterdeeds did the antitypical bystander commit? What is typed by Daniel's being troubled by the vision and its explanation? By Daniel's countenance being changed? Keeping the matter in his heart?
(30) What might be profitably introduced here? How did the Adventists abuse the prophetic time? What effect did this have on Bro. Russell? What teachings did he hold against the Adventists' view? From this vantage point, what did he do as to their teachings? Into what extreme did he permit their misuse of prophetic time to drive him? What was the character of his pertinent view?
What did he do against their pertinent errors? How long did he maintain his unbelief and ridicule of prophetic time? What did the Lord in 1876 do to him on this subject? In what form did this help come to him? How did he learn that it was an Adventist publication? What did this knowledge prompt him to do? What did he then do with the magazine? What did he see in the article's writer? What did the article tell of Bro. Barbour's investigations after the 1874 disappointment?
(31) Who wrote to him amid his perplexity? What was the thought on the word Parousia that he presented in his letter? On Matt. 24: 38, compared with Luke 17: 26, 27? What question did the letter ask? What thought did Bro. Barbour thereupon cautiously put forth in his article? What was the thought that the reading of the article aroused in Bro. Russell's mind? What made this thought seem probable to him? Of what other way of finding out the setting in of the Second Advent could he not think? What did this do with his prejudice against prophetic time? What did it make him willing to do? What two things did this induce him to do? Where and when was the meeting to be? Why then in Philadelphia? What was his first executive act as that Servant? How is this proved?
(32) What did these two do in Philadelphia? In what part of the day? Why then? On what did Bro. Barbour enlighten Bro. Russell? On what did Bro. Russell enlighten Bro. Barbour? Who gave the other decidedly the more help? Whence did Bro. Barbour get the thoughts that he gave to Bro. Russell? What error do these facts enable us to recognize? Comparatively and contrastedly, how were their respective views to be accounted? What did this fact not prove? When and in connection with what struggle did Bro. Russell fully become that Servant? When partially so? Which was the more aggressive as a servant of God? What shows this as against Bro. Barbour? What was Bro. Russell's attitude toward Bro. Barbour for his help? Why have these facts been given in this chapter?
(33) What is the character of the experiences set forth in Dan. 8? Whose typical experiences are there given? Of what antitype are they given? What features of
Dan. 8 will we not study? What features of it will we study? Of what nation does Dan. 8 not treat? With what nation's experiences does it begin? What does this fact prove? The removal of what interpolation proves this? What does this prove of the 2300 days? Of their beginning? With whose beginning were they contemporaneous? When and with what did the 490 days, or 70 weeks, begin? What considerations prove this? What results as to J.F.R.'s view of the 2300 days? What is typed by Daniel's then being in Shushan? What does Ulai mean and type? What is typed by Daniel's seeing the vision beside the Ulai?
(34) What is typed by Daniel's hearing one saint speak? Who is typed by the other saint? What is typed by Daniel's hearing the second saint ask the first saint the duration of the vision, etc., and receive an answer? What is typed by the first saint, and not the inquiring saint, answering Daniel? By Daniel's seeking an explanation of the vision? What was the appearance of a man? Whom does Gabriel in this chapter type? Whose was the man's voice between Ulai's banks? What is typed by his command?
(35) What is typed by Gabriel's coming near to Daniel? When did this begin? What is typed by Daniel's standing place? By his fearing Gabriel's approach? By Daniel's falling on his face? Why is this so? What is typed by Gabriel's saying that the vision was for profit in the time of the end? By Daniel's being in a deep sleep in the first part of Gabriel's speech? By Gabriel's touching him? By his making him stand upright? By his promise to make Daniel understand? By his explanation in vs. 20-26? By Daniel's sickness? By Daniel's serving the king? By his astonishment? By none understanding the vision?
(36) What four things does Dan. 9 contain? What is typed by Daniel's then being in Babylon under Darius' rulership? By his learning from books that Jerusalem's wastings in palace and temple would be 70 years? By his finding out the end of this state in the beginning of the 70th year? By such knowledge leading Daniel to acknowledge Israel's sins and God's justice in punishing them and to pray for the pertinent restoration? By God's assuring
Daniel through Gabriel of his prayer's answer in the prophecy of the 70 weeks?
(37)What are involved in the 70 weeks' prophecy? What period do the 70 weeks type? What shows that the trouble following the 70 weeks is also involved in the parallel? What is the antitype of this period? What shows that the period before the beginning of the 70 weeks up to the beginning of the answer of Daniel's prayer is also involved in the parallel? What is the exact date of the beginning of this period? What is the antitype of this period? Why do we infer that Gabriel in giving this prophecy is typical?
(38) Of whom is Gabriel here typical? Why? Who was the first of these five brothers? Who was probably the second of these five brothers? The third and fourth? What did they give to Bro. Russell? What did the fifth brother give to him as to 69 as against 70 A.D., and 1914 as against 1910? As to the Apostles and Bro. Russell? As to the wrath events from 1915 to 1918? What is typed by Gabriel's coming quickly to Daniel? By his coming to Daniel about the time of the evening oblation? By his touching Daniel? By his promising Daniel skill in understanding?
(39) What is typed by God's quick answer to Daniel's prayer? How many times did Gabriel tell Daniel that he was greatly beloved? What does this type? What other two types are in line with this? What did Bro. Russell say when told that he was the most loved man on earth? What did he add to this remark? What did Gabriel encourage Daniel to study? Which vision is thereby meant? What does this prove of the 70 weeks? Of the 2300 days? What theory is thereby overthrown? What is typed by Gabriel's encouraging Daniel to study the vision?
(40) What will we now study? Who first brought the parallels to Bro. Russell's attention? How many of them did he show him? What was the first of these? The second? The third? The fourth? Why did Bro. Miller falter as between the dates 1843 and 1844? What was the fifth of these? Who gave Bro. Russell the 36 A.D. and 1881 parallels? What were their parallel events?
(41) Through whom were the next important additions to the parallels brought to Bro. Russell? Who was
the main one of the two? In what three publications are these parallels found? How in magnitude did their work compare with that of their fellow members of antitypical Gabriel? What were their first parallel dates and events? Their second? Third? Fourth? Fifth? Where are their charts found? What did they do with them? What did he do with them?
(42) What did the fifth brother do as to certain parallels? What was the first of these? To what important corrections did this correction lead? When did a clear-cut distinction first begin to come between the end of the reaping and of the garnering of the Church? To what other correction did this correction lead? When and in what did this correction appear? What parallels were brought to Bro. Russell's attention in 1910? Where are some of them given? In 1915? About how many of them? How many other parallels were at the same time brought to his attention? Wherein did the 70 A.D. and 1915 parallels consist? How closely did these parallels work out? Who were the parallel parties in these 70-73 and 1915-1918 parallels? What does this investigation as to the activities of these five brothers prove of them?
(43) With what does our study now proceed? What in these chapters will we here omit? Why? What is necessary for an understanding of the antitypes of Daniel's prostrations in Dan. 10? What is typed by Daniel's three weeks' mourning? Fasting? Abstinence from anointing himself? What are we not from this to infer? Why not? What does the connection prove of the thought? What proves that during these seven years he was receiving other truths? What does the word Hiddekel mean? What does Hiddekel type? What proves this, apart from the word's meaning? Through what six men especially did Satan give these sharp, stern truths (voice, or sound)? Wherein were they expressed literarily? What were the main truths enunciated by these six men? What characteristic expression did Voltaire use? Diderot? What was Bro. Russell's attitude toward these truths? By what is this typed? What other kind of truths did Bro. Russell receive during those seven years? What kind did he not then receive? What do vs. 4-19 show
of him typically? What was previously done in this chapter, without connecting it with this type?
(44) What does Daniel's fixing his eyes on a certain man (v. 5) type? Who does this certain man seem to be? Why? Whom does this certain man type? Whom does Michael in this chapter type? Why? What proves that here Gabriel types our Lord? What is typed by Gabriel's linen garment? By his loins girded with gold of Ophir (here displaced by Uphaz)? By his body being like chrysolite? By his face looking like lightning? By his eyes being like lamps of fire? By his arms and feet being like polished brass? By his voice being like a multitude's? By Daniel's alone seeing the vision? Why was this true in the antitype? At what even had his associates looked askance? What finally separated them from him?
(45) What is typed by Daniel's being left alone? By his being without strength at the vision's beginning? By his countenance being turned into corruption? When did its antitype begin? What is typed by Daniel's retaining no strength? By his hearing Gabriel's voice at the time? By his deep sleep? By his face being toward the ground? By the hand that touched Daniel? By his being thereby raised on all fours? By Gabriel's telling Daniel that he was greatly beloved? By his encouraging Daniel to understand his words? By his encouraging Daniel to stand upright? By Daniel's tremblingly standing upright?
(46) What is typed by Gabriel's further encouraging Daniel? By Gabriel's assuring Daniel that God had heard and acted upon his prayer from the outstart of his 21 days' fast? By Gabriel's coming forth to help Daniel? By the prince of Persia? By his resisting Gabriel's purpose 21 days? How could Satan have resisted Jesus' efforts to help Bro. Russell in this matter? By what facts was the resisting done? How did Jesus in this situation show Himself to be a Master Tactician in the preparatory stages of His work? In the final stage of it?
(47) How should the phrase, "Michael, one of the chief princes," be rendered? Why is this change to be made Scripturally? Whom does Michael here type? Why? What is typed by Michael's being Gabriel's only supporter? What is typed by Gabriel's remaining resistingly with the king of Persia? What reading does Ginsburg suggest?
What would it antitype? Why does it seem incorrect? By his assuring Daniel that he had come to instruct him as to his people in the last of the days? What do people do who are ashamed? What is typed by Daniel's looking down and keeping silent? What does Dan. 10 up to v. 15 describe? What does v. 16 introduce?
(48) What did the reading of the above-mentioned article move Bro. Russell to do? What is the relation of vs. 16 and 17 to this? Why so? Who is typed by the one like unto the sons of men? What did his teachings in his letters reveal to Bro. Russell? In what did this result? What were Bro. Russell's symbolic lips? What was typed by touching Daniel's lips and making him speak? By Daniel's feeling and speaking of his weakness?
(49) What is typed by touching Daniel for the third time? How was this arranged for at Philadelphia? How are the three stages of help received at this time by Bro. Russell typed? The first? The second? The third? What is typed by Gabriel's again encouraging Daniel? Why did Bro. Russell's natural disposition under the circumstances require such encouragement? Of what did the typical and antitypical encouragement consist? What Scripture was probably brought to Bro. Russell's mind?
(50) What words must have been refreshing in type and antitype? What other means did the Lord use to encourage Bro. Russell? What is typed by Daniel's being encouraged? By Daniel's grateful recognition of the help and his request that Gabriel speak on? Why did Gabriel ask Daniel whether he knew why he was coming to him? What is thereby typed? Who is the prophecy revealer from here on until Dan. 12: 5? Why is Gabriel as the type of Jesus the speaker in this section? Why is Dan. 10: 20—12: 4 not expounded in this chapter? With what will we continue our typical study?
(51) What are the contents of Dan. 12: 5, 6? How many men are brought therein to our view? What is the antitype of this? Who corresponds antitypically to the one on the other side of the flood? Before when must he have been active? Why? What was this man's name? What was his standing as a Christian? As a scholar? For what was he noted? What was his first great work and
when was it published? His second great work and its date of publication? His three prophetic time writings, as his third great work and the dates of their publication? Which of the foregoing works belong to the point under discussion? What questions did he try to find out? When in relation to the beginning of "the flood" did he ask these questions? How did he raise the antitypical question? What did he arouse? Whose interest was much later aroused by his writings? Where did this one spread the Second Advent work? Who, accordingly, was the man that our Pastor heard ask the question of v. 6?
(52) Who was the man on our Pastor's side of the river? What two facts prove that he was not the man on the other side of the flood? Why is Bro. Barbour introduced into this scene? Who is the linen-clothed man standing over the river? What did he do, according to v. 7? What is typed by his standing over the river? By his linen clothes? By his lifting up both hands? By his oath? By Daniel's seeing the scene of vs. 5-7?
(53) What is typed by Daniel's not understanding (v. 8)? By Daniel's question? By Gabriel's answer? Why was it important for Bro. Russell to learn that undue things cannot be understood? That when due, Truth would become clear? What illustration pictures both sides of this quality of Truth? What good lesson was given Bro. Russell in v. 10? Why should he learn this lesson? Who were the wicked of v. 10? The righteous? What good would it be for a servant of the Truth to recognize this principle as applicable to the righteous? What can be said of these two lessons as related to our Pastor?
(54 What was Daniel not given to understand? What was he given to understand? Where is this brought out? What does the connection between v. 10 and vs. 11, 12 show? What three changes of the A.V. will show this? According to vs. 10, 11, when did the first period for clarifying the Truth in the time of the end begin? By what was that year symbolized? What was Daniel thereafter given to see? What did Gabriel type in making these facts known to Daniel? Accordingly, what did the Lord cause Bro. Russell to see? What proves that he was given to see these things?
(55) What is not meant by Gabriel's charge, "Go thy way to the end"? What does it mean, typically and antitypically? What does the expression, "thou shalt rest," mean, typically and antitypically? What does the expression, "thou shalt stand in thy lot," mean, typically and antitypically? What does the expression, "at the end of the days," not mean? What does it mean antitypically?
(56) What will this reward be? How many Eleazars have there been during the Gospel Age? What kind of an Eleazar was the first? Who was he? What kind of an Eleazar was the second one? Who was he? How many of them will there be in the Millennium? Of what kinds will they be? Who will they be? What will the charge of each of them be? What will be the difference between their charges? What position does such an office prove that Bro. Russell will then have? How do the cited Scriptures prove the answers given to the foregoing questions? What does this fact help us to understand of Bro. Russell's being referred to in the Bible? What whole books give typical prophecies of him? How is he otherwise referred to in the Bible? Of what are his writings a teaching fulfillment? What about the Large Jesus made this study of Daniel—Type and Antitype, especially timely in 1934? What is a fitting prayer as to antitypical Daniel?
Imperial Persia bowed to his wise sway—
A hundred provinces his daily care;
A queenly city with its gardens fair
Smiled round him; but his heart was far away.
Forsaking pomp and power "three times a day"
For chamber lone, he seeks his solace there;
Through windows opening westward floats his
Toward the dear distance where Jerusalem lay.
So let me morn, noon, evening, steal aside;
And shutting my heart's door to earth's vain
And manifold solicitudes, find leisure
The windows of my soul to open wide
Toward that blest city and that heavenly treasure,
Which past these visible horizons hide.